Here it is! After $270 and a lot of waiting, the Man-o-War Class Airship!

manowar1.jpg

-Statistics-

Name: Tian Requiem-Class III Warship

Designer: Alfred Thruster

Date: Completed in the Year of our Elluir, 1765.

Rotors: 4

Thrusters: 2

Guns: 18 7.62x51mm machine guns, 2 8mm anti-landcraft guns

Crew: 1 pilot, 18 gunners

Length: 36.03 m

Height: 7.41 m

Width: 3.03 m

Pieces: 3754

It's fairly modular, and could be readily expanded for more guns. Here it is with the top off.

manowar3.jpg

And here is the trusty pilot.

manowar4.jpg

More images are on my Brickshelf gallery, if you are interested.

I've been watching this progress of flickr for awhile, and man, you DO NOT disappoint.

This is fantastic.

The overall shape, the removable roof, the gun battlements! It's gorgeous man.

It's MOCs like this that make me want to dive out of space and sci-fi into more of a terrestrial sci-fi :grin:

Great job man.

Oh, yeah !

That is totally AWESOME.........dam, excellent designing and building there 'tchuk-norst'.....Brick On ! :grin:

WOW! I didn't know that LEGO even MADE that much dark red!

Anyways, Really nicely done: Nice dieselpunk airship, with almost enough "dakka" to make a WH 40K Ork Clan proud. I'm happy to see you decided to go ahead and make this thing for real.

BTW, I'd love to see some close-up shots of the crew members' uniforms (maybe with the crew standing in formation in front of the ship)....

It's awesome. I love the coloring on this one.

however, you're brickshelf gallery doesn't seem to be public yet. I'D LIKE TO SEE MORE PICS!!!!

That's an absolutely fantastic ship; congratulations on a great design and build! It just looks awesome.

I've been watching this progress of flickr for awhile, and man, you DO NOT disappoint.

This is fantastic.

The overall shape, the removable roof, the gun battlements! It's gorgeous man.

It's MOCs like this that make me want to dive out of space and sci-fi into more of a terrestrial sci-fi :grin:

Great job man.

Thanks so much Si, I really appreciate it. This has been quite an experience building this and I'm glad you like it as much as I do.

Oh, yeah !

That is totally AWESOME.........dam, excellent designing and building there 'tchuk-norst'.....Brick On ! :grin:

Thank you sir.

Wow it's really nice to see that ship brickbuild :classic:

Yep, the longest wait-time I've ever had for any of my creations.

This airship possesses somewhat strange, surrealistic design. It's more of a helicopter, not a dirigible.

And where is the captain's bridge?

Thanks, I was trying to create something more fanciful. No captain's bridge, the size doesn't warrant one, in my opinion.

I can't believe you built this... Wait, yes I can! Fantastic job bringing this fruition! This thing is wild looking :classic:

Haha, believe it indeed. Thanks!

An impressive build and impressive amount of dark red!

Yep, I scoured out all of the dark red I possibly could from BrickLink. I feel sorry for the next guy who tries to find a large amount of the 6x2 Slope,Curved.

WOW! I didn't know that LEGO even MADE that much dark red!

Anyways, Really nicely done: Nice dieselpunk airship, with almost enough "dakka" to make a WH 40K Ork Clan proud. I'm happy to see you decided to go ahead and make this thing for real.

BTW, I'd love to see some close-up shots of the crew members' uniforms (maybe with the crew standing in formation in front of the ship)....

Thanks! I can probably provide those, soon enough. It's a pain to set up the booth again, but I think I may have a closer-up shot of the gunners.

It's awesome. I love the coloring on this one.

however, you're brickshelf gallery doesn't seem to be public yet. I'D LIKE TO SEE MORE PICS!!!!

Thanks, and I apologize, I can't help that but please keep checking. I have some more detail shots in the gallery.

That's an absolutely fantastic ship; congratulations on a great design and build! It just looks awesome.

Thanks! I think so, too.

Thanks! I can probably provide those, soon enough. It's a pain to set up the booth again, but I think I may have a closer-up shot of the gunners.

What do you use for your shots? I've personally found that using some thick marker/tack board (which you can get at Michael's or AC Moore) works out great as a quick set-up and take-down light box (one section for the bottom, one for the back, and two half-sections for the sides)... I used that for my recent AV-12 Buteo photo shoot.

Great work :thumbup: :thumbup: Very well detailed :wink:

The real life version seems even more impressive. I can imagine a row of these things fighting like 16-th century ships.

Wow, fantastic ship! At first I thought "It doesn't look that big. How did it cost $270?" And then I saw it with the roof off, and I finally realised the scale due to the figs.

Edited by Captain Settle

This is incredible and the fact that you made it possible for minifigures to play inside is even better. I am jealous of all the new dark red bricks you have.