This is a bit of an older MOC I did last Halloween - (it's long scrapped now) but I thought I'd share this here as well - especially for those with a small taste of the macabre.

Just after building Lego's Vampyre Hearse, a new, slightly-morbid-yet-cool idea spawned in my mind; what if I build a bigger, RC version of this? At first, I wasn't quite sure what it'll end up looking like, since I couldn't figure out what to model it after - a Cadillac? a Rolls-Royce? a Lincoln? - so, I went with all three - sort of, lol.

9144290375_7084b02f52_b.jpg

Hearse Front by Octav_spot, on Flickr

What's interesting is that the headlamps are actually yellow elements, but mixed together with the blue from the LED's, it came out green. I liked the look so much, I kept it as is.

9144289991_746d17b9fd_b.jpg

Hearse Rear by Octav_spot, on Flickr

The side-lamps idea came to me in the last moment - I wish I'd of made them look closer to actual lanterns (since that's what original hearse carriages had.) To my surprise, the light came out looking almost purple, which seemed strikingly accurate.

9146515088_6872ca1a1e_b.jpg

Hearse Profile by Octav_spot, on Flickr

9146520932_317d1f96fe_b.jpg

Two Hearses by Octav_spot, on Flickr

Just the V8 engine itself was literally half the Vampyre Hearse. I laughed.

9144289451_beb9086c6e_b.jpg

Hearse Speed by Octav_spot, on Flickr

To see it in motion, here's the video.

I thought the reaction from my cat was pretty funny, so I kept it in the clip :grin:

Currently working on an actual Rolls Royce... just haven't decided what model year yet...

In any case, enjoy!

Thats really cool! Great design, I can see elements of a Rolls, so I'm looking forward to your next project too.

Great job. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Man that cat jumped! haha

Thanks guys! :classic: - Funny thing is, even though she was creeped out by it, she kept following it around - never seen a cat do that before haha.

Yeah, I'm definitely excited to finishing off the Rolls, feels like it's taking me forever to get it done -

Interesting MOC with great looks, first time I've seen Monster Fighters and Technic. What about tire covers for the front or rear wheels?

Interesting MOC with great looks, first time I've seen Monster Fighters and Technic. What about tire covers for the front or rear wheels?

Thanks! Well, I tried some sort of covers for the wheels but it looked kinda funny with them, since they're low-profile tires - so I went with a 3-pin "spoke". My Rolls has wheels in the same size as the Hearse's, but the rim is smaller and tire is thicker - it currently has the "hubcaps" on all four wheels :D

Fantastic, I agree with the colour comments of the LEDS, a complete fluke but a nice result