Sign in to follow this  
coghilla

FDNY Rescue 3

As a long time builder of fire stations and trucks i thought it was time to build some quality items. After building some stuff for the train group, I have headed towards the CC series of building. It'll be a while before i could afford the cost of an official set I'll continue to dabble.

Anyway here is res3cue firehouse modified to suit the CC modular building series. Photos were taken at a Brick Expo I attended. I will complete the internals at some point. It will return to the Bricks'n'fun store for display on the major layout in a few weeks.

9183388736_fe87f6d11b_b.jpg

FDNY Rescue 3 by coghilla, on Flickr

9181172731_c12c8e243e_b.jpg

9183387268_12dc318aee_b.jpg

9181172663_1e1780cb64_b.jpg

Good job recreating this coghilla! That roof looked like a tricky one to build with LEGO. I look forward to see what will go inside :classic:

Cheers, I've got building floor plans for this and its huge. I'm just glad that i can get it too look similar at least externally. I first saw this station on a fire enthusiasts forum.

Google street view here: https://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=1655+Washington+Ave,+Bronx,+NY,+United+States&hl=en&ll=40.840689,-73.900738&spn=0.006136,0.016716&sll=40.841180,-73.901380&layer=c&cbp=13,339.99,,0,18.51&cbll=40.841161,-73.901371&hnear=1655+Washington+Ave,+Bronx,+New+York+10457,+United+States&t=m&z=17&iwloc=A&panoid=eag1J9bsibGSLtRr1_mz4w

At the lego expo i displayed this in one dad asked me about how i did it. Google for the pics and lego grid paper to work out the look. (same with engine 277) The hinged roof was tricky but i used click and old school hinges to get the angles right. The roof is made up of 4x4 tiles with 1x4 studs. ui then applied a tile ontop of them.

The original had a carpark or similar on the left side with entry so i improvised and included the entry next to the roller doors.

Nice modification of this Modern NY Fire House. I bet that roof got a bit frustrating?

LOL since the show, I cant get the roof to fit properly. Really the roof was the easy part. The facade...well, I let my kids play with it (its lego, why not), and while fixing the roller doors the entire front facade broke. (the clear bricks dont have good clutch power) The roof hasn't been the same since.....

Hi all,

Started on the next project. After a failed start on the Houten fire station (

) i couldn't find the desire to finish it, I moved on.

I've started on a Staffordshire Fire & Rescue single bay station.

http://www.expressandstar.com/news/2013/07/12/staffordshire-fire-stations-to-be-rebuilt-in-45m-plan/

Its proving easier to build than the other and will be pleased to see it finished.

brickon