Sign in to follow this  
Konajra

MOC: ERRV Grampian Don

Hello All,

Please allow me to show you my newest ship.

It is the Grampian Don. A emergency Response Rescue Vessel of the Abberdeen based ship company North Star Shipping.

It is used on the North sea to support oil platform and rescue people from oil platforms.

it is 125 cm long, 32 cm wide, and about 74 cm high. As always is was first designed in Ldraw and then build. Estamated amount of bricks is about 15.000 - 16.000

There should be two larger daughter crafts on the 2 davits midship but at the moment I'm not motivated to design and build them. I hope that I am before I show this ship at Skaerbaek in september.

9176561173_240458e710_c.jpg

ERRV Grampian Don by Konajra, on Flickr

9176561137_4255f63210_c.jpg

9178778184_ac8fc3b70a_c.jpg

9176561013_e0833d6862_c.jpg

9176560723_b4e6468466_c.jpg

thanks for reading...

Oh - wow, these big boat models are always astonishing every time they debut. The shape of the hull is very nice.

I don't know how you feel about studs, but maybe you could use some wing plates on the hull to get rid of the jagged edges the tiles make?

This is truly an awesome ship. It's so full of details, not to mention the sheer size of it. I like how you made the hull and got very nice curved lines. I don't mind the edges of the tiles, they give the entire creation kind of 'bricky' appearance, so you can see even from the distance that it is made of lego. :classic: But personally I think that it only lacks some minifigs that would make the entire creation more lively.

Very nice work.

An amazing effort and beautifully photographed as well. Congratulations on all your hard work. Frontpaged!

Fantastic work there Konajra! :thumbup: :thumbup: Your ship looked like the real Grampian Don! :wub: Congratulations in making it to the Frontpage! :wink:

Congrats on being Front Paged and with what is your best ship ever 'Konajra'......it's like a modular scale/detail ship :wub: .......Brick On 'Konajra' ! :grin:

Again a true masterpiece, well done! :thumbup: What scale is it in? I think it looks roughly like minifig scale, or am I wrong?

Oh and I wasn't really missing the extra boats. :wink:

Good gracious that thing is big! Another amazing vessel Konajra. I don't know if it's the detail or SNOT work is what really amazes me most :classic:

Thanks for the frontpage and the nice comments. It is build in my usual scale 1/40. roughly minifig scale

Looks fabulous. Have we not had mini-figures as crew before though, I seem to remember them but perhaps my mind plays tricks on me?

Great MOC! But as other have said, it would look better with minifigs.

Can you please place a variety of town minifigs in there and then take some more pics?

Another beauty of a model! I always enjoy viewing your ships, so detailed and realistic.

I've been staring at pictures of the front underbelly of this masterpiece and still cant figure out how you did it.

you did it again konjara, leaving us puzzled, astonished and drooling ;) Will you display them in Utrecht in October?!