Sign in to follow this  
Ecclesiastes

Mitgardian Prime Minister Election

Mitgardians, it is time for new elections. Besdarc Menteno doesn't want to be elected again because of more important matters. So time to shine for a new prime minister.

I announce: The Parliamentary Election!

What is it? --> A chance for any Mitgardian to create a campaign (1 post long) and present his/her candidacy for prime Minister of Mitgardia!

Who can run, and who can vote? --> Any Mitgardian Guildsman can run for the post, and all EB members are eligible to vote!!

Why vote for a parliament when wee have a Jarl? --> The wisest ruler recognizes that his power comes from the people he leads; thus it is a good idea to know that their voice is heard through an official governing body.

When is the vote being held? --> The candidates will have 6 weeks (Until August 31th) to create a campaign post (described below) write a short speech, and post it in this thread. Voting will probably take place between September 1th and August 14th.

How do I enter my candidate in the running? --> Basically you post 1 single post in this thread. It must include:

1) A picture of your candidate, (could be just candidate, or a full scene, but he/she must be the dominating figure. Please don't post giant photos.)

2) Write a shot description on their history, why they are running and what changes they hope to bring.

3) Have a fun slogan, or campaign promise. (i.ee lower ale prices, no more orc riots etc)

4) Build 3 vignettes, showing your prime minister making the changes. Simple examples:

9179274540_94a5559e56_n.jpg9177056925_ca0964390a_n.jpg

Besdarc personally locked up hand of corruption villians and fed the poor.

5) Once a few candidacies are posted you may take a stab at one or more of the other candidates by spreading rumors, attacking their credential or just calling them troll-witted. (If you choose to take the high road you may ignore this section, but what fun is that? :grin:)

6) The winner will win a Besdarc Menteno minifig!

Let's have fun with this again! pirate_thumbup.gif

Post your campaigns Below!

@Ecc: I took pictures of my first vignette yesterday and am building my second vignette today, so it won't be long before I post my candidate :wink:

Where are our candidates hiding?! :grin:

On my avatar? :laugh::grin:

Seriously, I've been busy building other things, so next comes MAC (I'll probably start today or tomorrow) and then (or maybe at the same time) the PM builds.

Drottin Manaor, and his home Manaor Castle:

9440691646_21aeee9e86_z.jpg

9366174442_c08f6bfd88_z.jpg

Drottin Manaor has ruled the village of Sveithaven faithfully for many years.

Now with all the chaos resulting from the Elemental attacks and Hand of Corruption raids Manaor

feels that some of the plans he has implemented for Sveithaven's benefit could be of a help to Mitgardia.

Some of his plans include:

Arming and training special groups of soldiers, known as the Beams of Light, to fight the Hand of Corruption:

s-overview.JPG

Putting the poor and needy to work building new fortresses and repairing old ones.

Then paying them for the work so they can afford food and houses:

w-overview.JPG

Setting up new trading posts in the mountains of Mitgardia so that it is easier for trappers, clansmen, and miners to trade

their products increasing commerce in Mitgardia:

c-overview.JPG

Vote for Drottin Manaor to vote for tried and true plans to help Mitgardia thrive!

Edited by soccerkid6

I'm sure there'll be someone from Helgestorp, Stoneroda or even Thorshaven who is going to run!

Dear citizens of Mitgardia,

I would like to steal a minute from you and tell you about me and my agenda.

I'm Lars Larsson, the older brother of the famed war heroe Steen Larsson and I would like to be your new Prime Minister!

So please come with me and allow me to show you why I need to become the next Prime Minister of Mitgardia!

9628742153_6104d56b51_c.jpg

So Mitgardia is beautiful, isn't it?

Its air is clear, its rivers and lakes are prestine, our wheather doens't suffocate people.

And what is especially important, its people are content and down to earth, right?

Well, let me tell you: its isn't always so:

9628740935_a05efe5e03_c.jpg

Some people in Valholl consider this a road! I wouldn't call it that. To me it looks like a disaster zone!

Remember how Mittenlander promised to lower taxes?

Well, this is the outcome!

83% of the roads in Mitgardia look like this. They are not maintained anymore, they are a bunch of potholes patched together and they have become extremely dangerous to travel.

Can you see why?

But things are even worse!

9631973748_2186fc1a20_c.jpg

The streets of Mitgardia's cities used to be safe and quiet until mercinaries from Varlyrio appeared all over the country.

But instead of putting them to where they belong (back home to their country, or in prison!) our security forces were limited, almost abolished because some politicians in Valholl decided the needed to "Save Money".

So may say: Well, but there was this war!

True!

Mitgardians fought very hard to keep Victor Revolword and the forces of the hand of corruption at bay. But how dearly did we have to pay for this with the life of our sons, brothers and husbands?

And you all might know why so many of them died in vain, right?

Because some dudes in Valholl said they wanted to give you back your tax money!

Now tell, how was the army supposed to pay for weapons and armor?

But guess, what breaks my heart the most!

9628743387_1d8a23c743_c.jpg

It's all those poor little orphans who nowadays crowd the places under the brigdes of every Mitgardian city!

And guess why they are there?

Because some Prime Minister decided that giving tax breaks to the whealthy was more important that paying for orphanages and for education!

So, do you still think that lowering taxes are the way to take care of Mitgardia's problems?

Well, then vote for those who can afford!

If you want to vote for those who care,

vote for

Lars Larsson (the rightous one)

9631972614_cfb0217ae1_c.jpg

Edited by kabel

Ladies, gentlemen, fellow Historicans! Mitgardia's Inseparable Companion is Here! As we approach a new election, let us reconsider our goals and make sure we are not being duped into merely following the candidate who makes the most lavish promises! We don't want just words, we want someone who will do! We don't just want cold promises, we want fiery action! Mich Maxersine is the only candidate truly committed to putting fire into Mitgardia!

Vote%20Mich%20Maxersine%20Poster.jpg

Why should you vote for Mich?

Are you struggling to make ends meet? Among a long catalogue of items, Mich Maxersine has always promoted societies such as WARM (Warming All Resident Mitgardians), and with his own hands helped construct true northern stoves for the poor of Mitgardia:

True%20Mitgardian%20Stoves%21%20%281%29.jpg

Are you a rich businessman? Mich has been very active in keeping Mitgardia's traffic and wealth transporting through the guild with ease! He has helped in keeping the roads clear and snow-free, even inventing the fabled snow-blower, melting snow with a tornado of hot air!

Mitgardian%20Snow%20Blower%20%283%29.jpg

Are you a proud noble? Mich Maxersine is committed to keeping Mitgardia's military strong! To do so he has implemented small beacon fires in all recruiting offices, making soldiering a pleasure!

Mitgardian%20Recruiting%20House%20After%20Mich%20Heated%20Things%20Up%20%283%29.jpg

Mitgardia's Inseparable Companion is Here! Be sure you get the Max from your vote! Vote Mich Maxersine!

Mich%20Maxersine%20Puttting%20Fire%20into%20Mitgardia%20Poster.jpg

If, by any chance, you are still not convinced, just click here!

so where do we do the hacking at each other, here or on garmandon's thread? Personally I think we should continue to campaign here for at least a few days until the voting can begin.

so where do we do the hacking at each other, here or on garmandon's thread? Personally I think we should continue to campaign here for at least a few days until the voting can begin.

Anything that's not really important just post in my thread, but if you're going to write a speech or something that you want "in the books", it would probably be best to write it here.

Edited by Garmadon

Mitch's campaign is a blow into the face for all of those who recently survived the attack of a fire elemental. You shouldn't support politicians who are not in control of their utterings anymore!

Drottin Manaor; seems to be caring only about trading, just an other rich boy...

Lars Larsson; seems that taxes will go sky high when he's got the power...

Mich Maxersine; getting rid off snow, someone is missing a Mitgardian heart.

It will be hard to make a decision this round! More juicy backstabbing please :devil:

Maxersine's plan to give the poor stoves to keep them warm is all good and fine. But who pays for those stoves? The rest of Mitgardia!

Manaor will give the poor work to do in return for pay so that they can improve their conditions by themselves. Those not willing to work should not be prospering from others labor.

++++Breaking News++++

Intensive research of the Larsson team has found that Maxesine is not Mitgardian!

Why else woud he be posting Kaliphlin banners across entire Mitgardian landscapes?

Mitgardian%20Recruiting%20House%20After%20Mich%20Heated%20Things%20Up%20%285%29.jpg

Mitgardians be warned, do not vote for the tyranny of Kaliphlin, vote for freedom, vote for

Lars Larsson, the rigtheous one!

Maxersine's plan to give the poor stoves to keep them warm is all good and fine. But who pays for those stoves? The rest of Mitgardia!

Manaor will give the poor work to do in return for pay so that they can improve their conditions by themselves. Those not willing to work should not be prospering from others labor.

Not at all! Those stoves are not paid for by the government. WARM is a private enterprise paid for by Mich himself and some equally benevolent colleagues. Mich Maxersine is helping peasants out of his own free will. And don't forget that freezing peasants don't make good workers! Freezing Prime Ministers don't work well either. I'm sure Manaor could use a true northern stove. :wink: (If he's below poverty level Mich can pay for it.)

It will be hard to make a decision this round! More juicy backstabbing please :devil:

Wait for it :wink::devil: !

++++Breaking News++++

Intensive research of the Larsson team has found that Maxesine is not Mitgardian!

Why else woud he be posting Kaliphlin banners across entire Mitgardian landscapes?

<snip>

Mitgardians be warned, do not vote for the tyranny of Kaliphlin, vote for freedom, vote for

Lars Larsson, the rigtheous one!

Since when has a sunset become Kaliphlin? Mitgardian sunsets are renowned for their bright colors.

Lars Larsson is rigging everything! Why else would he claim to be the rig-theous one! Mich Maxersine is fair and unbiased!

Since when has a sunset become Kaliphlin?

Mitgardians, since when have our sunsets looked red and blue?

Mr. Maxersine, many Kaliphlins have paid you their homage, why?

Mr. Maxersine, where does the money for the "stoves" come from, Kaliphlin?

Mr. Maxersine, only Kaliphlins want to melt away the Mitgardian snow!

Mr. Maxersine, what do you promise those Kaliphlins?

Mr. Maxersine

I am not convinced!

Edited by kabel

Not at all! Those stoves are not paid for by the government. WARM is a private enterprise paid for by Mich himself and some equally benevolent colleagues. Mich Maxersine is helping peasants out of his own free will. And don't forget that freezing peasants don't make good workers! Freezing Prime Ministers don't work well either. I'm sure Manaor could use a true northern stove. :wink: (If he's below poverty level Mich can pay for it.)

And how long will Maxersine be able to afford to do so? What incentive is there for people to work if their needs are provided for by others?

Manaor may not be as rich as Maxersine, but his solution is long term, not merely a handout to gain votes.

And how long will Maxersine be able to afford to do so? What incentive is there for people to work if their needs are provided for by others? Manaor may not be as rich as Maxersine, but his solution is long term, not merely a handout to gain votes.

As long as there are sympathizing souls in Mitgardia ready to support such projects! The need being met in this way leaves plenty of opportunity for the peasants to work. And the only reason for us to step in is because of their heartless taskmasters who do not provide them with the money to do such things themselves!

If Manaor has solutions, we would like to see them! Long term is very well in it's way, but postponing to some future date and calling it long term will never satisfy the Mitgardian public!

Is Manaor really not rich? Methinks such a tremendous castle indicates either wealth or debt! And while Manaor kicks up his feet in some fancy apartment, Mich is out building stoves and clearing streets!

Mitgardians, since when have our sunsets looked red and blue? Mr. Maxersine, many Kaliphlins have paid you their homage, why? Mr. Maxersine, where does the money for the "stoves" come from, Kaliphlin? Mr. Maxersine, only Kaliphlins want to melt away the Mitgardian snow! Mr. Maxersine, what do you promise those Kaliphlins? Mr. Maxersine I am not convinced!

Mitgardians, since when have you wished for a color-blind Prime-minister? Does not Mr. Larsson think that the Kaliphlinian flag is red and bright blue, though not even he could really believe that sunsets are green and yellow?!

Mr. Larson, only one Kaliphlin has pledged their support. (The same Kaliphlin also said they would vote for Manaor.) And yet another Kaliphlin said they would vote for Manaor. Where, oh "righteous one", does the evidence lead?

Mr. Larson, Kaliphlins (and you) are not the only people with money, believe it or not! There are a few well to do Mitgardians who support WARM and myself! If however the righteous one were elected, there would be very few Mitgardians with money left, due to your extreme overtaxation techniques!

Mr. Larson, we do by no means propose to melt away all Mitgardian snow, only that small portion which overlaps our roads and renders traveling difficult. What good, I pray you, would all the roads you propose to build and repair be if they are buried in three feet of snow!

Mr. Larson, the only thing I promise the Kaliphlins is the security of having a neighbor who is not fickle, and will not unrighteously oppress it's people!

Mr. Larson, though thou beest the rig-theuos one,

I AM NOT RIGGED!

As an aside, Larrson and Manaor do get along quite well together, the weaker will always band together against the stronger! Be prepared for the consequences!

Edited by Garmadon

As long as there are sympathizing souls in Mitgardia ready to support such projects! The need being met in this way leaves plenty of opportunity for the peasants to work. And the only reason for us to step in is because of their heartless taskmasters who do not provide them with the money to do such things themselves!

If Manaor has solutions, we would like to see them! Long term is very well in it's way, but postponing to some future date and calling it long term will never satisfy the Mitgardian public!

Is Manaor really not rich? Methinks such a tremendous castle indicates either wealth or debt! And while Manaor kicks up his feet in some fancy apartment, Mich is out building stoves and clearing streets!

Manaor has already shown his solutions and shown that they work as they have been implemented successfully in Sveithaven.

Also Manaor has worked faithfully to improve the defenses of Mitgardia, overseeing the training of new troops, and helping in the physical labour of building fortifications (see campaign post).