How did you quote yourself in the same post?

The first part of the instructions for the chassis are the same, it only differs in the body and the set shares over 1000 (nearly 70%) of its parts with 9398. It has it's own number because that was the prize for the comp.

I'm still not convinced that it's any different off road than the original, it's slightly heavier over the front axle because of the extra M motor but as most of the weight is in the chassis it makes little difference, if anything that would make it worse. I like it and I'm not crticising it at all, it's merely my opinion.

Edited by Tubby

I have to agree. "How Many 41999 Crawler Sets Will You Buy And Why?" and "41999 modifications" is something that could be asked in this thread, and a 2nd review thread isn't really necessary.

Agree. This is a nice variant, but certainly not worth 6 different threads. :sceptic:

If I get one of the 20,000 Exclusive Edition sets in time (before they sell out), I'm going to change to big, grippy 3rd-party RC-type tires and perhaps add a hood scoop, like this:

1969-dodge-charger-body-savaget-maxx-hu4t.jpg

I don't know if this is the place to ask, but does involve this set. I know they are making only 20,000 sets which makes it limited production, but how limited? Roughly how many 8110, 8258, etc sets do they make in comparison? 100k, 1 mil, 10 mil?

I don't know if this is the place to ask, but does involve this set. I know they are making only 20,000 sets which makes it limited production, but how limited? Roughly how many 8110, 8258, etc sets do they make in comparison? 100k, 1 mil, 10 mil?

Honestly, I was kind of wondering the same thing

The Lego Group is a privately-held company, and it does not release its exact sales figures. The "limited edition" sets are an exception. Occasionally, TLG releases Annual Reports talking about general percentage of sales increases, but nothing specific. The owners are UBER RICH.

If I get one of the 20,000 Exclusive Edition sets in time (before they sell out), I'm going to change to big, grippy 3rd-party RC-type tires and perhaps add a hood scoop, like this:

1969-dodge-charger-body-savaget-maxx-hu4t.jpg

Yea, I think Im gonna add a set of Team Losi tires and another set of lights

Like you don't ever do that! And I am curious so those posts are not meaningless!

I agree, this forum is not plagued by too many posts, and any more info on the 41999 is absolutely on topic.

I think there is some confusion here. Rick is a moderator. He's just doing his job. Don't argue with him on site issues.

I think there is some confusion here. Rick is a moderator. He's just doing his job. Don't argue with him on site issues.

Ya I didn't realize he was a moderator

Haha, I still have the 9398 4x4 Crawler in the box. But this new model looks really interesting and complicated. Would get it just for the large amount of blue panels. I love highly technical LEGO technic models. Definitely considering ordering this when it becomes available, along with the 42008 and 42009.

So, does anyone know how late and in which time-zone the set goes on sale? I know it's on 1 august, but 1 august starts earlier in some parts of the world...

Anyway, I think I'll just wait until midnight (local time, it's the same as the one in Denmark) to see if I can order one. I think they won't sell out that fast, but I don't want to take any risks.

I know this has been asked before, but couldn't find any answer...

So, does anyone know how late and in which time-zone the set goes on sale? I know it's on 1 august, but 1 august starts earlier in some parts of the world...

Anyway, I think I'll just wait until midnight (local time, it's the same as the one in Denmark) to see if I can order one. I think they won't sell out that fast, but I don't want to take any risks.

I know this has been asked before, but couldn't find any answer...

WHY DO PEOPLE KEEP ASKING THIS?! IT DOESN'T MATTER! I am 100% certain the set WILL NOT be sold out in less than one day!!! I apologise for my rudeness...

WHY DO PEOPLE KEEP ASKING THIS?! IT DOESN'T MATTER! I am 100% certain the set WILL NOT be sold out in less than one day!!! I apologise for my rudeness...

I also think it won't be sold out so quickly, but it's just that I don't want to take any risks. I will my bang my head 100 times against a wall, if it seems my predection wasn't correct and the thing was sold out in the night I was asleep :wall::tongue:

I also think it won't be sold out so quickly, but it's just that I don't want to take any risks. I will my bang my head 100 times against a wall, if it seems my predection wasn't correct and the thing was sold out in the night I was asleep :wall::tongue:

lol I'm desparate for this set but I really doubt I'll have the money for it now so enjoy your copy!

I think it will take several months, if not longer to sell out. I could be wrong, but I don't think there are even 1000 Technic nuts like us that are chomping at the bits to get this. My guess is that there are several hundred fans that read the various forums and know this set is coming. Otherwise, I think the rest of the 20,000 sets will sell from people browsing the LEGO stores or website. Maybe I'm totally underestimating the number of fans that read the forums, but I really don't think the set will sell out on the first day.....or week.....or month.

I will be stopping by the store on the 4th for my set, if they are in stock by then.

Edited by dhc6twinotter

Hi

I am afraid to post any additional info about 41999, cause of furious reaction of some members.

Here the link to the photos from Billund.

WARNING: 41999 INSIDE! Please dont open the link if you are feeling sick watching 41999;)

Otherwise welcome!

http://brickgarage.blogspot.ru/2013/07/2013.html

Edited by rm8