This looks awesome! Great work on designing it and for TLG for building it. Going to be hard to get this model in Norway i bet but i will try!

Crawler looks great! I hope that few of them will be avaliable in Poland :) Egor, did Designers said you anything if second edition of that Competition will be in future?

Crawler looks great! I hope that few of them will be avaliable in Poland :) Egor, did Designers said you anything if second edition of that Competition will be in future?

Waler, don`t you know that is a top secret :) ?

Hope you subscribed my blog? If not, come and do it!

Update is waiting for you. Watch my blog now!;)

Edited by rm8

I just noticed in this picture, the 6L links are attached the wrong way...

ts.20130529T083511.Exclusive%20CO-Creation%20Model%2041999.png

And Rm8 put them right:

2013_%252525206_26_%252525206_57-010.jpg

Cant wait for this set! Any word, are they sending them to top 100 yet?

Edited by Zblj

Why did they swap the light bley Axle and Pin Connector Perpendicular back to the Pin Connector Perpendicular 2 x 2 Bent?

The first images of 9398 showed the latter part, but the final model had it changed.

Now it seems to be back...

Edited by merman

Why did they swap the light bley Axle and Pin Connector Perpendicular back to the Pin Connector Perpendicular 2 x 2 Bent?

The first images of 9398 showed the latter part, but the final model had it changed.

Now it seems to be back...

So you cannot build it wrong and block the motor.

I just noticed in this picture, the 6L links are attached the wrong way...

ts.20130529T083511.Exclusive%20CO-Creation%20Model%2041999.png

And Rm8 put them right:

2013_%252525206_26_%252525206_57-010.jpg

Cant wait for this set! Any word, are they sending them to top 100 yet?

Just checked the instructions - my version is right. Thank you;)

Is the 5x7 frame the only part that doesn't come in black? I want to build the Chassis in all black to help showcase the body.

Bit of a noob question but does anyone know if the battery box will take rechargeable AA batteries? I know power will be lost because they run at a lower voltage but I get the feeling that this model will guzzle battery juice and I don't really want to have to keep a large stockpile of regular batteries.

Can't wait to receive my copy. I don't know when prize winners receive their models, after August 1st I guess, however it could have been sent already and I wouldn't know because I'm on holiday,

I think I could make some great MOCs by using the parts with my good old 8455 pneumatic backhoe loader that I still have lying around!

Bit of a noob question but does anyone know if the battery box will take rechargeable AA batteries? I know power will be lost because they run at a lower voltage but I get the feeling that this model will guzzle battery juice and I don't really want to have to keep a large stockpile of regular batteries.

Yes, you can use rechargeables. I use lithium AA cells in mine. You lose some performance because of the lower voltage, but they last longer and can be recharged.

Can't wait to receive my copy. I don't know when prize winners receive their models, after August 1st I guess, however it could have been sent already and I wouldn't know because I'm on holiday,

I think I could make some great MOCs by using the parts with my good old 8455 pneumatic backhoe loader that I still have lying around!

The answer is yes the battery box will take rechargeable batteries.

Blakbird is faster then I am.

Edited by redoak

Yes, you can use rechargeables. I use lithium AA cells in mine. You lose some performance because of the lower voltage, but they last longer and can be recharged.

Awesome, I thought that the rechargeables may not last as long but if they do that's great.

Edited by crazy_1993

Awesome, I thought that the rechargeables may not last as long but if they do that's great.

Not all rechargeables are created equal. Look at the capacity rating (listed in milli-amp-hours mAh). Lithium cells tend to have high ratings.

RM8, can you make a picture of the new wheel rim in the 8070 tire (and in 8110 and 42000 tire too if possible)

Thanks

Tibivi

2013_%2525207_%2525204_13_%2525209.jpg

We should work on this!

It is a big challenge to select right wheel size. Should I lift wheel arches higher?

I am Thinking about 3 versions:

1) live axles with awd motorization and slighty lifted suspension (without wheel portals) and 68 ballon tires

Slow, but Fun to play: awd with low center of gravity

2) rear live, front independent, RWD motorization, low suspensionand 56/62/68 sport wheels

Fun is depending how many buggy mototrs I can fit here 1 or 2

3) rear live, front independent, RWD, 4sp gearbox, v8 engine, low suspension as low as possible and 56/62/68 sport wheels

Detailed model for shelve;)

3rd - supercar

Edited by rm8

interesting, my plan is something similar to option two with these tires and allwheel drive

8680297663_c586a3d3ba.jpg

@ efferman: Those RC4WD Dirt Grabber 1.9 " All Terrain Tires will look good on the standard Lego 44772 wheels, even if they are a tad narrow:

SPECIFICATIONS:

* Outer Diameter: 3.85inch/97.8mm

* Width: 1.22" (31mm)

* Inner Diameter: 1.9" (48mm)

* Each tire weight: 1.85 oz / 52 g

Edited by DLuders

thanks for the suggestion, but i want something lower, when it looks good. if not , i have an other option

interesting, my plan is something similar to option two with these tires and allwheel drive

8680297663_c586a3d3ba.jpg

Are they 97 mm (or David mistakes)?. 97 is too big for lower suspension!

Edited by rm8

@ rm8: I copied/pasted the specifications for the RC4WD Dirt Grabber 1.9" All Terrain Tires directly from this RC4WD webpage. It is hard to find third-party RC-type tires that are relatively LOW PROFILE but not too narrow. Efferman already shows how they fit on the Lego 44772 wheels in his photo above.

david, my dirt grabbers are the 1.55" version and have the dimensions 78x 25mm and 43 mm inner diameter

Edited by efferman

@ efferman and rm8: OK -- here is the hyperlink for those smaller RC4WD Dirt Grabber 1.55" All Terrain Tires:

SPECIFICATIONS:

* Width 24mm / 0.94inch

* Outer Diameter: 2.99" (76mm)

* 1.55 Wheel size

* Each tire weight: 1.15 oz / 33 g

Edited by DLuders