My last free build for chapter 1 of Historica. My little brother helped me a bit with this, and it is our largest build (footprint wise anyway :wink: ) yet. There is a full interior to the castle, and quite a few of the doors/trapdoors work.

Joktan, Jayan, Erastus, Dedan, and Kenan, along with the Hradcanny dwarves are attacking Forngord Castle. The castle, located in southern Mitgardia, has been long abandoned, but recently the Hand of Corruption has taken residence there:

overview.JPG

angled.JPG

left.JPG

back.JPG

top.JPG

breach-attack.JPG

Quite a few more pics here: link

I think this is either my favorite or second favorite build, tied with my Fortress of Cameria build.

Any C&C appreciated, the first chapter of GoH has been awesome and here's to an even better second chapter!

Edited by soccerkid6

Interesting choice of colors, looks very good! However, black Lego is notoriously hard to photograph so some of the shape of the towers gets lost on my tablet screen...

Anyway, both the ground and the architecture are excellent!

Wow! Amazing work SK! :wub: . Definitely one of your best! I love the positioning of the different segments! Very nice layout! :sweet::thumbup:

Great caste! The black bricks was a nice touch, don't see that too often!

Interesting choice of colors, looks very good! However, black Lego is notoriously hard to photograph so some of the shape of the towers gets lost on my tablet screen...

Anyway, both the ground and the architecture are excellent!

Thanks Gideon, I think this is the first time I've seen a black/bley/dark tan castle, I rather like it, though I doubt I'll use these colors together often :classic:

Wow! Amazing work SK! :wub: . Definitely one of your best! I love the positioning of the different segments! Very nice layout! :sweet::thumbup:

Thanks Infernum! I drew the layout up on graph paper. That allowed me to experiment with different designs quickly and easily until I found something I liked :classic:

Great caste! The black bricks was a nice touch, don't see that too often!

Thanks Rast, Balthasar and Ecc inspired the black parts :thumbup: Are you going to post your LEGO Store display build here?

Edited by soccerkid6

It is amazing! I love it! This was certainly worth the waiting! Love the figs, and the details!

I love the colours, those little tan "spots" are really good. And the flora is so living! Is there a swamp behind the castle?

It is amazing! I love it! This was certainly worth the waiting! Love the figs, and the details!

Thanks jeroenaa!

I love the colours, those little tan "spots" are really good. And the flora is so living! Is there a swamp behind the castle?

Thanks, there are actually two sections of swamp, one behind the castle and one on the right of the castle :classic:

It is not really Mitgardian looking, but as it is located in the South, it doesn't really matters! :laugh:

An awesome job on this SK and your brother!! Also very interisting colour combination!

It is not really Mitgardian looking, but as it is located in the South, it doesn't really matters! :laugh:

An awesome job on this SK and your brother!! Also very interisting colour combination!

Thanks DM, I was going to do snow, but I had a ton of new leaves to use :laugh:

Very nice landscaping, also liking the shape of the tower roof! I'm not sure the color choice works for me but then I've never really been a fan of tan or dark tan mixed with grey. The swampy area especially looks good though! :thumbup:

Very nice landscaping, also liking the shape of the tower roof! I'm not sure the color choice works for me but then I've never really been a fan of tan or dark tan mixed with grey. The swampy area especially looks good though! :thumbup:

Thanks Kai, Kayne somewhat inspired the roof of the keep :thumbup: The colors look a bit better in real life I think :classic:

Love the color choice! All the damage and details looks really cool!

Thanks Legofin, it was fun making this castle quite run down :classic:

I like the roofs, and I bet the colors show up more boldly to the naked eye than on a photograph, but it still looks good in my opinion. Great job here!

I like the roofs, and I bet the colors show up more boldly to the naked eye than on a photograph, but it still looks good in my opinion. Great job here!

Thanks Ska! The roofs were fun to experiment with as I had a bunch of new corner roof slopes from that large tub of LEGO I recently acquired. Used pretty much all of them here :classic:

Damn. Just checked Flickr, and realised this is for the epic siege catagory isn't it? A catagory in Mark's contest I thought I had a chance in, and then you build this for it. :/

Damn. Just checked Flickr, and realised this is for the epic siege catagory isn't it? A catagory in Mark's contest I thought I had a chance in, and then you build this for it. :/

:laugh: Yeah I did enter this there, I don't know that it will win though, I wasn't able to fit to much siege equipment in :classic:

Great looking castle! Those black cornerparts are original and give it a lot of personality

Interesting choice of colors. I've never really seen them used together before. It is visually striking, but I don't think I'll copy that color scheme anytime soon :tongue: . But great castle overall. I love the angles and layout you used. I love that roof shape of the large tower. I think I am going to have to borrow that idea sometime. The greenery works well here.

How do people come up with these names for places?

Keep up the great work.

Great looking castle! Those black cornerparts are original and give it a lot of personality

Thanks Balthasar, I kind of inverted the color-scheme you've used on some of your MOCs, glad you like it :sweet:

Interesting choice of colors. I've never really seen them used together before. It is visually striking, but I don't think I'll copy that color scheme anytime soon :tongue: . But great castle overall. I love the angles and layout you used. I love that roof shape of the large tower. I think I am going to have to borrow that idea sometime. The greenery works well here.

How do people come up with these names for places?

Keep up the great work.

Thanks! The roof of the keep was one of my favorite sections of this build. As for the name, often I steal borrow names from books :innocent: But this time I looked up some Norse words, rough translation of Forngord: Ancient building :classic:

That's a heck of a castle sk. It kinda reminds me of some of your earlier castles but it's a quite a way you've come since then! Awesome creation! What I really like about this, is that you got away from purely bley walls. Everything else is carried out well too!

Interesting and unusual choice of colors, but great work :thumbup: :thumbup:

That's a heck of a castle sk. It kinda reminds me of some of your earlier castles but it's a quite a way you've come since then! Awesome creation! What I really like about this, is that you got away from purely bley walls. Everything else is carried out well too!

Thanks kabel :sweet: I still may use entirely bley walls for certain things, but I've found that even a few accents in a different color can add a lot :classic:

Interesting and unusual choice of colors, but great work :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks Wedge :classic: