Wodanis

My ambitious project - Brickage City

When I used to sell bricks on Bricklink, I used this for grading my used bricks. (Scroll down to "Numeric Grading Criteria for Single Elements", near the bottom).

Hi guys, major setback with my Green Grocer. It's looking like I won't be able to get the sand green groove bricks from Lego at a reasonable price. Also my side door I ordered for the Cafe Corner is complete crap. Bought it used and the guy claimed it was minor surface scratches but the thing is junk, totally scratched beyond viewing through the glass and discoloured too. I can't use it at all. Normally I do not buy used items and after this incident I refuse to.

Wow, yeah that really sux!! I got a Light grey left door for quite cheap for my Cafe Corner, and it stated playwear and surface scratches but was no where near as bad as that one :sceptic: the problem is sometimes you have to get used parts from BL as TLG no longer make the required brick, this door being a good example, you'll struggle to find a 'new' one as these pieces are so old now. It would seem this seller has not used the numeric guide Splatman has kindly showed us!!

I hope you can get your money back, if not I would file a complaint against the seller...

Slowly, slowly more pieces will come! This is what I've acquired so far. Bagged of course for protection. Green Grocer and Cafe Corner sourced parts

9315807284_5c3f0f4a45.jpg

9313021711_62c11c593e.jpg

Edited by Wodanis

Sounds like a fun project Wodanis! If you're still holding out for the dark blue 1x8 arches and can wait until the end of the year, they are going to be re-released in the new Winter Village Market set (http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=79730entry1523204). If you watch the designer video it seems that she included them precisely because there is such a high demand for them for rebuilding the old modular buildings!

Thanks Combee. :) I really can't wait to put these all together and then rebuild my modulars to connect them. I saw! The only thing was I had ordered and paid 10 Euro for the arch a day or so before they released news of the set. :/ Least now it will be easier to rebuild Market Street if I choose to.

I'm getting so close to completion of these sets. So far I've made all the mini figures (with the legs on order for the kid), lack a few speciality pieces (1x8, 2x8, 1x10 bricks, Bright blue arches) and some commons plates and tiles mainly. I figure about $200 will finish them both off. I was quite happy that I managed to order sand green 1x2 bricks with grooves from Lego before they ran out again. A definite win there!

9437771049_8ce91422c3.jpg

Hey guys, I got inspired by your posts and think I will give it a try as well. Any chance that you can share the Excel spreadsheets by e-mail? (rloesberg1979@gmail.com). Thanks!

I'm getting so close to completion of these sets. So far I've made all the mini figures (with the legs on order for the kid), lack a few speciality pieces (1x8, 2x8, 1x10 bricks, Bright blue arches) and some commons plates and tiles mainly. I figure about $200 will finish them both off. I was quite happy that I managed to order sand green 1x2 bricks with grooves from Lego before they ran out again. A definite win there!

"snip"

Looking good, I can remember the anticipation before building each of these, and I collected the bricks for each set separately a few months apart... To have both at once :wub:

Out of curiosity, how easily did you find the medium blue torso for the CC fig? I've had it on my wanted list for months and none of the stores I've bought from have had it....

Hey Timmyc, well I lucked out with that. There aren't too many people selling them on Bricklink. I managed to get mine used from a guy in Italy as I wasn't too sure about the dealers in Hong Kong. They seem to have quite a few but I am uncertain as to their authenticity. Even though my part was listed as used its pretty much mint condition. So I was quite happy.

Right now I've had to stop as I am in desperate need of cash. I will have to make some sacrifices concerning parts. Buying 2x10 reddish brown bricks for example has proven elusive. Dealers on BL are charging too much in shipping and handling fees, not to mention the minimum order requirements for the sake of two bricks. I'm not paying $10 in fees for two bricks that are already overpriced at $3 each. As much as I wanted 1x8 Sand green bricks I think I will have to opt for 1x6 and 1x2 bricks instead. The build will be pretty consistent with those. The Bright blue bows on the Green Grocer is also an issue. Again same issue, $2-3 per piece and too much in the way of fees and shipping costs. The cat is difficult as well so I may have to swap it for the one from the Pet shop. Really I do not like have to change the integrity of the set as I wanted it 100% authentic. It's just harder to do without unlimited funds for certain parts.

Maybe if and when I have more cash I will order the other parts to have it authentic but for now it so far hasn't been compromised.

Rloesberg let me clean up a version for you and I will email it.

I bought my 2 Medium Blue torsos off a dealer in Hong Kong. For 12 dollars shipped, I got 2 of them. Not bad for being shipped around the world!

Hey guys, I got inspired by your posts and think I will give it a try as well. Any chance that you can share the Excel spreadsheets by e-mail? (rloesberg1979@gmail.com). Thanks!

I just emailed you my spreadsheet for all 3 modulars. Good luck!