Kai NRG

Inside Kaliphlin Day 15 The Warrior's Wreath

For the beginning of today's tour, we'll stop by Queenscross to remember those who fell in it's glorious Defense. And at one of the tombs a knight mourns his comrade, who fell in the battle.

9168655465_1650c14137.jpg

9170855978_22a4bdcbaf.jpg

9170862388_1bca8653f8.jpg

The knight with his shield and all:

9165589529_24a164980a.jpg

C&C are welcome! This is my last free-build for June so I hope you enjoy it!

Alas, there are way too many tombs of dear friends around Queenscross!

OoC: I like your use of that broken (?) bamboo leaf! The base adds to the sorrowful atmosphere, but I think this vignette would have worked fine on its own without a base as well.

Yes indeed, time for revenge...

OoC: I like your use of that broken (?) bamboo leaf! The base adds to the sorrowful atmosphere, but I think this vignette would have worked fine on its own without a base as well.

It adds indeed to the atmosphere. Is it in an oil field?

I can definitely see Legonardo's influence in the irregular base and landscaping :thumbup: Cool tree and I agree with Gideon, the use of the broken bamboo leaf is superb :classic:

The colour palette and the shape of the tree really add to the mournful air. I like the olive minifig havd, it really works well here. Too many have fallen.

:classic:

Cool vignette !!!

It's always wise to stop a minute and honour our fallen brothers!

Thanks to all!

Yes, it's broken. Figured I might as well put it to use... :grin: Yes, it would probably have worked well, but somehow I just decided to add a base...

[/size]

...It adds indeed to the atmosphere. Is it in an oil field?

Well no that wasn't exactly my thought... I just figured it might look good and I felt like the vig needed a bit more color (though still a dark tone).

I can definitely see Legonardo's influence in the irregular base and landscaping :thumbup: Cool tree and I agree with Gideon, the use of the broken bamboo leaf is superb :classic:

Thanks, I was a bit worried people would wonder about a flower growing off a leaf but it seems I needn't have been concerned! Yes, I mentioned it on Flickr but not here, Legonardo and also Andared of Lenfald's grave build were both inspirations!

Great build. I like the tree design and the grave area. I hadn't considered using hands before for any of those purposes, so well done there!

Great build. I like the tree design and the grave area. I hadn't considered using hands before for any of those purposes, so well done there!

Thanks! Hands are a nice way to get around not having any smaller dismally colored plants... :grin:

Excellent build! Love that plant by the tombstone!

Thanks! It's my first try at a tree like that and I'm very happy with it!

I really like the Legonardo feel here: The irregular base, the colors and the tomb are all nice.

Nice leaf-flower too :laugh::wink: