Kai NRG

Inside Kaliphlin Day 14.5 Sunset Bay

After the past few days - the One Year party, Lion Dance, an exciting Gladiator Battle, a quick trip to the Arkbri Digging site, and then dropping by for an Oliphant hunt - I'm sure all our tourists are ready to unwind! And where better to do this than in Goolag Archipelago's Sunset Bay?

9168319821_0f017319a6.jpg

9168322493_ae09d5cfe1.jpg

An overview of the entire MOC. I actually built this before the party, so that was my inspiration for the border.

9168323455_85b1ae2ecb.jpg

Only the Bay:

9170545624_7e2b897d01.jpg

In general I think this looked better before I took the pictures (but then I almost always think that...). At least I built the entire thing really fast... I think it took me about three or four hours. Comments are welcome!

Nice shoreline and horse! I also like the sky and water with the sunlight. But how did you build the semi-circular sun?

Seems like the sun sets in the east in Historica btw!

Edit: East or west is hard sometimes...

Edited by Gideon

Great sunset, the first pic shows it off nicely :thumbup: Nice landscaping on the rest of the build too :classic:

I love the landscaping on this build, it reminds me of Northern Europe. The reflected sun looks fantastic in the water, well done on getting the lighting and camera positioing right for this. Great horse too!

:classic:

Nice work and integration between base and background :thumbup: :thumbup:

In general I think this looked better before I took the pictures (but then I almost always think that...).

I think the same thing on some of my MOCs, I just don't think pictures can do them justice sometimes.

I still love the sunset on this one, and great use of the brick built horse!

First time I see the sun going under in the Lego world :sweet: :sweet: :sweet: Excellent job Kai!

Thanks to everyone who took the time to comment!

Nice shoreline and horse! I also like the sky and water with the sunlight. But how did you build the semi-circular sun?

Seems like the sun sets in the west in Historica btw!

The sun is actually one of these, which is the reason for the very tall border... to allow accommodation for the rest of it. Even with the height of the border, it still wasn't enough - the water has a pretty noticeable bend upwards in the middle.

And, er... doesn't the sun always set in the west? I must admit that part of your comment confused me! :grin: (Unless you meant east, in which case, hmm yeah I wasn't paying attention to the map location I guess...)

Nice work and integration between base and background :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks! It's actually not integrated nearly as well as it looks... just that the horse covers the gaps...

Nice build! I actually like the full MOC pic the best as it shows the full extent of your build. I hadn't realized it was that big! :thumbup:

Nice build! I actually like the full MOC pic the best as it shows the full extent of your build. I hadn't realized it was that big! :thumbup:

Thanks Masa! Yes it's pretty big... I got a bit carried away!

This is gorgeous! Love the sun, too. Congratulations!

Thanks! :sweet:

And, er... doesn't the sun always set in the west? I must admit that part of your comment confused me! :grin: (Unless you meant east, in which case, hmm yeah I wasn't paying attention to the map location I guess...)

Haha, I was a bit confused as well... I meant east after seeing the map :P

But never mind, the build is great nevertheless!

Haha, I was a bit confused as well... I meant east after seeing the map :P

But never mind, the build is great nevertheless!

Ah, I see. :grin: I was thinking, "Well it's been a while since I've been in the US but I don't think the sun sets in the east there now...". :tongue:

Thanks!

Edited by Kai NRG

Ah, I see. :grin: I was thinking, "Well it's been a while since I've been in the US but I don't think the sun sets in the west there now...". :tongue:

Thanks!

:wacko::look::grin: You don't think it sets in the west? I think you meant east :grin::laugh:

Great MOC. You certainly like that horse design! Fantastic background, and the landscaping's good as well.

Thanks! I sure do! :sweet:

:wacko::look::grin: You don't think it sets in the west? I think you meant east :grin::laugh:

:innocent: Typos. You know what I meant! :tongue: