Sigolf Brimabane

[MOC] Clash at the Castle of Winterlake Moor

This is a freebuild by me and my brother Erikur!

"Red it riseth, after raging battle,

the Sun up high in heaven's dome,

the eye of the One-Eyed earl of gods,

whose sheen shineth, the shield blazing,

on Middangeard, home of men.

The hosts of the Hand, most hateful evil,

the lands in shade and shadow cloaked,

freedom's unfriend with fingers groping.

The Wyrm-clan wended war to wage

against the gruesome ghoulish fiends.

To corrupted castle the clan of bravest

housecarls and haleths headed was,

with stratagem clever the warriors stoutly

came into the castle and clashed with its guards.

For the burg they battled, their brands like flashes

of lightning lashed, lives they ended.

Arngrim the foe of fiends undead

and Sigolf the Bane of BrĂ­mi the dragon

brothers in battle the blood avenged

of Sigmund their father, of kings most famed.

They thwarted the thegns, with thorns of steel,

they killed the corrupted crusaders of terror,

the necromancer of nameless horror

and his vassals the vanguards of doom."

Thus sang of their deeds in years untold the skalds in all Mitgardia, and their heroic legacy was never forgotten.

1Castle_zps28ac7e29.jpg

3Castle_zps80a3b1e9.jpg

2Castle_zps9e794505.jpg

8Castle_zps9fc24e37.jpg

9Castle_zpsf6a3fadf.jpg

10Castle_zps79d79e34.jpg

11Castle_zpsca6d5532.jpg

12Castle_zpsd96fc480.jpg

13Castle_zps74c5f28b.jpg

Edited by Sigolf Brimabane

Are you kidding me? Don't take this the wrong way, but the quality gap between you all's first build and this is huge. You both have improved leaps and bounds here. Great job with the whole hall, inside and out. Good fig posing in the battle, nice walls too! Epic scene.

Thanks!

@SkaForHire

And that we won't, take it the wrong way that is! I guess it is because we joined GoH that we could improve at this rate or someting XD

Wonderful Norse castle, I love those dragon head ornaments!

It looks a bit dangerous to have that furnace right next to the big wooden structure however :wink:

Great work Sigolf and Erikur! The castle section is excellent and the temple is superb :thumbup: I especially like the use of gold elements in that, and the interior :thumbup:

The triple arch for the gate looks very good, and I like the curved towers. Great touch with the blacksmith's forge inside as well. It's also good to see that you used a nice backdrop this time.

You guys are definitely improving so keep it up :classic:

Are you kidding me? Don't take this the wrong way, but the quality gap between you all's first build and this is huge. You both have improved leaps and bounds here. Great job with the whole hall, inside and out. Good fig posing in the battle, nice walls too! Epic scene.

I second this. A major difference. Well done, I love the use of the stave church structure! :thumbup: Keep it up!

It looks a bit dangerous to have that furnace right next to the big wooden structure however :wink:

No problem, way to cold to catch fire :tongue:

This is great! Excellent posing of the figures, that must have taken a long time. I love the wooden sections especially, and the outdoor oven/tower is really good too. The dragon or serpent heads are a very nice touch and I love the head on a flagpole.

Excellent build.

:classic:

Very nice! You guys have improved so much! Keep up the great work! :sweet::thumbup:

Impressive work :thumbup: :thumbup: I like in particularly the gate and I agree with others, it is very Norse-ish and perfect for Mitgardia :wink:

Thank you, everyone, for the kind comments! :) Coming to Eurobricks is one of the best things ever, because you get to see so many great and inspiring builds.

Haha,

I had given that some thought, haha, sparks could hop onto the roof :( But... Let's say they have a fireproof roof :D

Btw, the blacksmith is called Wayland (or VÇ«lundr)! :) And his companion is Reginn.

Edit: Just noticed that we missed Reginn when we took the photos... But he is there, chopping wood to the right of the forge x)

Edited by Sigolf Brimabane

Same remark as Ska! I never dared to expect something this beautifull and huge of you guys so soon!!! The difference between this and the previous builds is really positive!! (to make something clear, I do like the previous builds as well! :wink: )

So many things to love! The architectural style of this and the interior is just amazing!

I second (or third) some of the comments here, you guys have really improved hugely! :thumbup: The wooden structure is really great and the minifigure posing is excellent as well!

awesome castle, well done, and you made Mitgardia proud!

A great improvement for sure! That castle is great! Love the stave church thing!