Sign in to follow this  
Chro

Astrav

9150425491_5d5fb5bd60.jpg

^ CLICK THE IMAGE ABOVE TO VIEW THE GALLERY ON MOCPAGES. ^

Feedback is appreciated.

I think the photography here is a little less optimal than the photography for some of your earlier MOCs. On my screen at least, it is difficult to differentiate between Black and Earth Blue elements. The lack of contrast makes the MOC appear to lose detail. This may be the fault of the color scheme as well, though — Earth Blue is, by nature, a very dark color, so its contrast with black is limited to begin with.

The weapons, and how they are attached to the back and hips, is very nice. I feel like the lower arms are perhaps a bit too plain and blocky. The upper arms are less plain but the blockiness is even more apparent on them because they are bulkier. The chest is nice and streamlined; the upper back less so. The curved System slopes go well with the mask and armor in terms of shape, slightly less so in terms of surface finish. The fact that they are so much shinier than the mask and armor makes them feel less harmonious at first glance.

I love the foot design, and the yellow accents in general. Perhaps some more accents on the back of the legs would have helped them. As it is, the black elements all flow together, which would work if the legs were less streamlined, but not so much with their current bumpy, blocky Technic design. It's as though one big, somewhat irregularly-shaped shadow has gobbled up the back of the legs.

So overall, this is a decent MOC, but not your best. I don't mind the amount of Technic in the design, but coupled with a very dark color scheme and a lack of streamlining, the MOC ends up feeling less refined than many MOCs that incorporate this much customization.

I like dem guns....

Also the torso is pretty amazing using Vahki torso bits on the side.

But my god I HATE those ankles, it kills the streamlined look you got there with him.

But other then those remarks a great moc!

Good Luck in Bio-Cup!

I've gotten a bunch of people complaining about the ankles... I added those thin Technic parts to the sides to break up the profile of the legs, because IMO it'd look bad if the entire leg was 3-wide with nothing wider or thinner.

The blades are killer, but the gun design is a little silly. Never really been a big fan of practically one-dimensional technic pistols.

I also have to agree with Aanch; the blue and black are hard to differentiate, which is a shame, because earth blue and yellow are a great color combination.

I'd also have to agree with these "bunch of people". Adding in proportions, or at least breaking up constructed monotony, is not a bad thing, but on this scale that you're working at, it comes off as awkward.

It's nice to see some heavy technic usage as well, but the MoC occasionally falls prey to some of the common weaknesses of doing so, that being a lot of exposed construction bits and lack of streamlined armor. It's very well-made, but in comparison to some of the other stuff you've done, it just seems rough and a bit unpolished.