Sign in to follow this  
Missing Brick

Aliens Colonial Marines MOD

I can't find the words to say how much I love this picture. Absolutely fantastic work, Missing Brick! :thumbup:

You made my day. :classic:

Edited by Blacktron

I'm a huge Aliens fan so huge loves for this...

Nicely done. Those are probably some of the best builds out there for Aliens

Perhaps your brickbuilding destinies may be intracately intertwined. All the MOCs need now are an environment in wich to eradicate the hostile alien menace.

I don't know. Since two years I love this APC design by Larry Lars. But I think it looks so complicated, I was afraid I would not be able to copy it. Now I've studied your picture and those of Larry Lars again and I've made a bricklink order. :wink:

I hope I can ask you for help, if I have problems with it.

Also thanks very much for these documentary links. They are simply great! :thumbup:

...Now I've studied your picture and those of Larry Lars again and I've made a bricklink order. :wink:

I hope I can ask you for help, if I have problems with it

Sure, no problem. The trickiest part to identify was the soft axle (size 11) used for the gun turret rails: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=32199

I didn't even know that part existed before I saw Larry's model! Very cool, and it actually works : with a bit of wiggling and pulling you can slide the turret into its stowed position - just like in the movie. Other standout features are the sliding door and the small snot gun turret at the front. Larry kindly provided exploded views of those very clever designs - so fairly easy to copy.

Happy to provide extra flickr pics if there are any parts you're unsure about.

9161697512_3843d3b12c_z.jpg

Edited by Missing Brick

That is a great scene that you recreated there missing brick, the making of the film came to mind the minute I saw it. I have to admit for any aliens fan out there, the making is a must watch(free on youtube) because of all the little techniques that they did to accomplish the realistic effects for such a small budget/time intensive movie. I always knew Cameron was a good, but his skill in the making of this movie at the time was mind blowing. Are there by chance any basic instructions/tips for the APC?

Coot

Glad this popped back up to the top or I would have missed it.  Great pictures.

Hello, I remember stumbling onto these guys on The Aliens Legacy Forum and had been trying to figure out how I could acquire them. How can I purchase a set of these guys, along with their APC?