Piterx: We should try to make a small fiesta wrc, where the battery box forms the main part of the chassis and the front and rear suspension "bolt" to the battery box. The rear would be a solid axle of course and front suspension would use the new 5l suspension arms. And of course it'd use smaller wheels. The servo motor could also form part of the front suspension, with the suspension bridge mounting to the stud holes of the servo.

that would be really nice :)

i think i got your plan! the only thing im worried about using smaller wheels, are the proportions of the front axle..

this is the smallest configuration i was able to make with the new parts and it's suitable for a Suzuki Vitara (wich im going to make in april)

but obviously i haven't checked the fiesta proportions with it :) it may work fine

16lz347.jpg

i think i got your plan! the only thing im worried about using smaller wheels, are the proportions of the front axle..

this is the smallest configuration i was able to make with the new parts and it's suitable for a Suzuki Vitara (wich im going to make in april)

but obviously i haven't checked the fiesta proportions with it :) it may work fine

16lz347.jpg

WOW, very nice! That sure is short width!

I think I will need your help with my 4 x 4. :tongue:

I really need to get some of those new tires! haha

Hi piterx.

That's a great model! I'm just starting with technic and would love to build something similar to your model eventually. Can you recommend a good kit to start which would provide me with similar parts (ie for suspension etc)?

Thanks!

Hello!

When I looked at your video I was immediately reminded of the famous movie about drifters, especially when you are trying to drift around chelovechika Lego!

Lovolno small model you get, but very compact and realistic!

I especially liked the idea voplascheniya front suspension, homemade but very effective, very cool thank you thank you for the idea!

Hi piterx.

That's a great model! I'm just starting with technic and would love to build something similar to your model eventually. Can you recommend a good kit to start which would provide me with similar parts (ie for suspension etc)?

Thanks!

eh nice question!

i can't say wich kit you should buy to get something similar because all the pieces i used belong to different sets spreaded in the time line...

for example the motors are out of production, same thing for the wheels...

if you're new you should just get a set that you like and start learning from that :P

Just to see if I'm following this correctly, there is no official LEGO version of the springs you used for the macpherson strut, or do they come from an existing shock thats dismantled?

Thanks

Just to see if I'm following this correctly, there is no official LEGO version of the springs you used for the macpherson strut, or do they come from an existing shock thats dismantled?

Thanks

you have to dismount one original shock absorber and take out the spring so you can use it in that way ;)

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2014 at 4:29 AM, piterx said:

16lz347.jpg

This one is smaller :)

30006030040_1bc0498b8b_c.jpg