Sign in to follow this  
imvanya

[LDD MOC] Cargo truck & Dump truck

First of all, I have to admit that both of these are not so much "my own". The cargo truck was reverse engineered from someone's MOC that I once saw at classic-town.net, but couldn't find ever since.

The dump truck (its hopper to be exact) is almost identical to the hopper Zed designed for his unbelievable KRAZ, definitely check that one out.

So, here go the pictures. Cargo truck:

9144341067_234074d49a_o.png

9144340817_7ff005e952_o.png

Nothing special inside, just some furniture, boxes and a dog:

9144340809_5258dcd8b8_o.png

I'd like to point out the washing machine, 1x1 round tile was made for this:

9146563372_ec8e2febcf_o.png

Now the dump truck, nothing special here:

10855803183_553e78d8b8_o.png

10855456655_df45d7c7e8_o.png

10855521736_871c5d6c62_o.png

So here you go, two trucks, one dog and a washing machine. For those interested, the .lxf files are attached.

.lxf files are available atĀ Bricksafe, so here's a link to the cargo truck, and here's a link to the dump truck

Edited by imvanya

Excellent digital designed trucks......especially the dump truck - very realistic indeed......Brick On LDD On 'imvanya' ! :grin:

Excellent digital designed trucks......especially the dump truck - very realistic indeed......Brick On LDD On 'imvanya' ! :grin:

Thanks, 'lightningtiger'! Once again, that's all thanks to the amazing design Zed came up with, that truck looks exactly like the real thing

Edited by imvanya

Awesome trucks Imvanya. I think you've made some significant improvements over Kraz's original dump truck with the use of new curved slope parts and better looking lights. However, the wheel base looks a little long to me. Easily reduced though. Great work.

Nice trucks! I really like the usage of element 3835: Mini Fireman's Axe on the Cargo Truck.

Cheers from Claremore, Oklahoma USA! :classic:

Dave

However, the wheel base looks a little long to me. Easily reduced though. Great work.

I actually did shorten the wheel base and it does look much better. Thanks for the suggestion, 'Missing Brick'!

The trucks look very nice, also the color scheme fits with the time these trucks were seen on the street! I really like the doors on the first one with the window.

How do you outline the bricks? I know there is an option on the LDD preferences, but I can't tick it.

How do you outline the bricks? I know there is an option on the LDD preferences, but I can't tick it.

You should tick the two "high-quality" options right above it, then the outlines box becomes active and you can turn the outlines on, restart LDD and it should be it. It requires quite a lot more memory, though, so LDD might start to lag, but with outlines on models do look better and building is often easier