Hi everyone! :grin:

Here's some nice pictures of the RC units I took, because I couldn't find many whilst looking, especially the controller. :sweet:

9141287468_370c4fcd48_c.jpg9139061083_25be2200a0_c.jpg

9139083951_06a9e2db37_c.jpg9139084239_cfe2ab5275_c.jpg

9141286066_fc0f8e0f61_c.jpg9141287882_30735b7e11_c.jpg

9141286942_0315d5aa62_c.jpg9141507064_2050f03f95_c.jpg

Some questions I have about RC stuff are.

Why can you not use a new servo from the Auxiliary power supply on the receiver unit? In terms of electronics whats going on?

Is it possible to control 2 or more receivers with one transmitter (I'm pretty sure it is, like Sariel's Endurance racer)

Can you run 3 or more RC motors from 1 receiver unit.

Also one of my new motors is making a very concerning sound, which to me suggests there is no grease in the gears inside.

Has anyone successfully taken apart the gear housing without damaging it? The little clips are really tough to move.

Thank in advance!

Edited by Doc_Brown

1. It is because of the PF design. Using a 8886 extension wire will make power goes to C1,C2 lines.However servo motor take power from 9V/0V and receive signal from C1,C2 lines due to it special design.Sames as the PF IR recevier.

*normal motor takes power from C1,C2 lines so they work fine.

pfcon.jpg

*Data from philo.

2. Yes.

3. Theoretically it should works.But maybe cause overload problem.

4. I tried to open too but fail.But I found this in google photo.Hope it help

5292-2.jpg

5292-1.jpg

Edited by sunnykoomos

WOW, Thank you very much for answering my questions! I appreciate it a lot!

I differently need to grease my gears somehow. :laugh: I'm thinking making a metal bracket with pins in the right places that can be put in a vise and squeezed open gently. :blush:

Good luck with trying to clean and re-apply lubrication on your Buggy Motor!

I thought about doing it myself, but i was scared of damaging the motor when trying to open it. Your experience would be really helpful! Please share ;)

I was wondering, why are there 2 red outputs on the RC Motors?

there are two outputs, but each of them has its own characteristics due to different gear ratios used inside.

Is that axle hole with friction (in the rc unit, picture #1) the output of a motor built into the unit for steering?

Good luck with trying to clean and re-apply lubrication on your Buggy Motor!

I thought about doing it myself, but i was scared of damaging the motor when trying to open it. Your experience would be really helpful! Please share ;)

Thank you! I will have to borrow someones vise! haha

I was wondering, why are there 2 red outputs on the RC Motors?

There are 2 different speeds, the closest one to the motor is higher with less torque than the outside one, which I tend to use mostly with my experiments as its more powerful to drive bigger tires.

Is that axle hole with friction (in the rc unit, picture #1) the output of a motor built into the unit for steering?

Yes it is! it rotates 45 degrees left and right at 3 increments. its slightly more powerful than the new servo, but of course less movement. :)

Yes it is! it rotates 45 degrees left and right at 3 increments. its slightly more powerful than the new servo, but of course less movement. :)

I had open it before and it it more powerful than the new servo motor because it uses warm gear

You can only get them on Bricklink nowadays, they were in the RC racer sets (and 8421) till about 2005.

Wow the pictures you took make me envious of those items, even though I have 3 units :grin: but the pictures are just soooo good.

To your 3rd question, I have tried that, but I don't think the AAs I was using could deliver the current needed for 3 motors (I had 3 weak motors instead of two strong motors). I don't have the courage to test with my lipo 3 motors, now that I know about the watt limitations of the unit I think that it will burn out.

These motors look like they are of the older generation... Where can you get these RC units?

From bricklink.com. :sweet:

Wow the pictures you took make me envious of those items, even though I have 3 units :grin: but the pictures are just soooo good.

To your 3rd question, I have tried that, but I don't think the AAs I was using could deliver the current needed for 3 motors (I had 3 weak motors instead of two strong motors). I don't have the courage to test with my lipo 3 motors, now that I know about the watt limitations of the unit I think that it will burn out.

Thanks man! Thanks for answering my question. I guess to play it safe you need another RC unit for additional motors. :sweet:

Yes but the weight makes the car handle blah and when it crashes, it's worse! But great if you make two cars to race ;)