Sign in to follow this  
Shtick

Autographed "Lone Ranger" Stagecoach Box

Not sure if this is the right forum for this, But I wanted to show off my latest score.

I was able to attend the red carpet premiere for The Lone Ranger at Disney's California Adventure on Saturday, June 22. I had the crazy idea of getting the Stagecoach Escape set autographed. It is the smallest set that had all the main characters. I bought the box at the Downtown Disney LEGO Store that morning. After waiting in the roasting sun for almost 8 hours, I was able to get autographs from both Armie Hammer (Lone Ranger) and Johnny Depp (Tonto)! I am stoked!

Of course, now I can't open the set to actually play with the set. First world problems, right? Also, I want an acrylic case to put this box set in. Anyone know of a good (cheap) comapny that makes these?

p.s. A friend of mine works at DCA, and Johnny Depp hung out in the Radiator Springs Racers attraction breakroom after the event. My friend showed Johnny the photo of the signed box. Johnny giggled and said "Cool!"

post-3594-0-26072800-1372195346_thumb.jpg

Edited by Shtick

Ehh it's worth that right now. It will be worth much more. Because of the combination.

Why show the box to Johnny after he already signed it...? x]

Either way, cool!

Why show the box to Johnny after he already signed it...? x]

Either way, cool!

He showed him other photos I had taken that day as well. But that one made him chuckle. I think it was more of the "I know the guy whose LEGO box you signed" thing. If you want to see the rest of my photos, check out my photo page. (

)

That's cool. I don't have that many autographed memorabilia. I'd like to see them autograph the LEGO Lone Ranger poster. That'd be really neat.

Hey! Johnny Depp is an amazing actor. You were really lucky to get those autographs. Thanks for sharing that with us.

Joe

Wow thats really cool! I wonder if either of them have the minifig of themselves? Depp could start a pretty good collection of himself with all the different Jack Sparrows!

Totally amazing stuff Shtick, nice score! Johnny Depp is an awesome actor, and from what I've seen of Armie Hammer, he has a good sense of humour and is a fun guy.

Wow that's really awesome, I take it was worth 8 hours wait LOL, congratulations though, im sure it would be worth a mint in a few years to come (not that it already isn't), if I was lucky to own a set like this I would definitely keep it and get it sealed. :classic: (wahoo my 500th post).

You are so lucky! I would keep that set forever. The eight hours you waited for are worth it just for the memory. The set will be worth a small fortune in the future. :laugh:

A great collectible! Never heard of having a licensed lego box signed and it's a really cool idea!

I only have a boring Kojima / Shinkawa autograph and would trade that for a stagecoach in a heartbeat. Or a Malibu Mansion with Downey / Paltrow autograph.

Totally honest question but,why would it be worth a fortune later on? I'm sure Depp/Hammer sign all the time and while we obviously love Lego,most people wouldn't want an autographed toy.

Love Johnny Depp! Have not heard or read much about this movie yet, But what a lovely thing to have!

And some great pictures too!

For the box check local stores,charity shops,goodwill, even if it has another item in it that way it may come out cheaper than a made to measure box!

All the best :-)

Seal it! Put it on ebay, that place is full of suckers :devil:

Then cash in and buy loads of LEGO

Done deal

I was watching the premiere earlier on and I think I spotted you (Shtick) at 1:47:24 :classic:

Edited by Cammo

I was watching the premiere earlier on and I think I spotted you (Shtick) at 1:47:24 :classic:

Oh wow, that's awesome actually! Shtick's famous! :laugh:

Wow that is really cool. Heck just being in DCA during the premiere would have been cool enough, but you even got the main stars to sign a Lego box! Even better, this is such a unique item I hope it would remain valuable even if the movie is forgotten.

However, you might have to buy a second model just to have one to play with!

Also noticed you bought it at the Downtown Disney store. That is one of my favorite Lego stores, nothing a like a day in Disneyland than a walk into the Lego store!

Edited by xboxtravis7992