Sign in to follow this  
Alcarin

Travelers Rest (First MOC)

So Finally I took a little and made my first cration from LEGO. Its named Travelers Rest.

Act 1

''After hours of returning home from deserting the Mad Kings scouting squad this seasoned scout is longing for his wife in peaceful far away land. He took his rest beneath a large and strong tree to give him shelter, while he has his last meal, before having to hunt again''

img2327.jpg

Any criticism welcomed!

Edited by Alcarin

Nice MOC! I like the different colours in the tree, and the vegetation is good, but maybe add a few more flowers round the front.

That African Grey Parrot perching above is going to steal the traveler's drumstick.

Nice moc, I also like the different color in the three, and great story behind it, well done!

Thanks for all ideas and additions... I will surely remember them for my next small MOC (or big ones)

I will expand the story of this scout and hopefully he will read his beloved wife some day.

Excellent tree and the rounded green plates work well as the base :thumbup: Great vignette :classic:

Thanks...

I will make alot more MOCs in the following months (when I get more time)

Good build. I enjoyed the mix of green and olive leaves. The red leaves seemed a bit out of place for me. I look forward to seeing your future MOCs.

Good build. I enjoyed the mix of green and olive leaves. The red leaves seemed a bit out of place for me. I look forward to seeing your future MOCs.

Yeah at the moment of building that I ran out of green leaves.... :P

I got plenty more now though :D

I am continuing story of the deserting scout!

Act 2

'' After 2 days of exhausting walks, the deserted scout of Mad Kings army decided to abandon his armor that protected him. He also lost his map with directions to his home, since Mad King announced a reward for anyone who brings a head from any enlisted soldier that deserted. After nearly a day without food and water, when his mouth became endlessly dry and his tongue became sticky, he finally got some luck and found a whole barrel of fresh water that someone must've forgotten there, or was in hurry and left it who would've known?. ''

act-2-11.jpg

Edited by Alcarin

These are pretty good MOCs! The first tree especially, and might I add the guy looks a little like Ned Flanders with that moustache and those yellow muscles. :snicker:

Very Cute MOCs, I like the first one better. The fire could be made with a brown clip of the same type - but in this case it looks like ashes & embers, so its still nice.

What set is that map from? I try to collect the different lego 'documents' for library/archive/etc scenes, and I don't recognize that one!

The tress & foliage are great in both MOCs. Dont forget that Foliage can be made out of many different elements, and even many different colors! You can even use colors like black, yellow and red if you have the right elements and context. Maybe putting black round plates under the leaves on the inside of the tree could provide shading that makes it appear more dense.

What set is that map from? I try to collect the different lego 'documents' for library/archive/etc scenes, and I don't recognize that one!

This map has to be from some set from Johnny Thunder adventure theme/line

I am 99.9% sure i got my map from this set.

http://www.1000steine.com/brickset/images/1271-1.jpg

As for your ideas/criticism...

Yeah Ill improve on the campfire stuff. As for Foilage etc. I am currently running low on about 3000 pieces alltogether so i am currently rather limited to such small creations like the above, but I have stuff for your foilage proposal so Ill use it and try it out next MOC.

Keep the ideas and critics coming it will help me big time in future. thanks!

It's a nice little scene. The fire would be better if it was like the one in the new Lone Ranger set, but the mix of colours in the tree is well done..!

Love the tree in the first photo , great mix of colours I also like the toad-stools and the bottle the details are what count!

Brilliant for a first moc!

~Keep Bricking