Str0ngbad

Approaching the Elves of the Northwest Mountains

Through great effort, the dwarves had learned that the Drow ambushes were being made possible by a crooked Kaliphlin merchant divulging trade routes and schedules but of far greater importance was what the Drow purposed to do with their dwarven prisoners. They were determined to set the dwarves to work tunneling through the ancient mountains and deep dwarven fortifications that had denied them access to the north for so long. There didn't seem to be anymore information to be gotten in Kaliphlin and they still knew far too little to wander blindly into Nocturnus so they turned back to the north.

After a few days of traveling at a feverish pace back across the mountains, Khor found himself in the most unlikely of places; at the doorstep of the snow elves, doing something even more unlikely; asking for their help. He had nothing solid to show the Mitgardian authorities and aside form that, it was clear that the guild couldn't do anything that might risk open war so soon after such destruction as had been wrought by Victor. These elves of Mitgardia had been driven from their fair forests in the West by the Drow centuries ago. The Drow poured out from the earth, behind all of the elves' defenses, and razed their city to the ground. There were a few still living who remembered that night and their desperate flight to the north. Khor knew that they of all people would understand what was at stake and hoped he could gain their support.

The elf guard on watch was cold and hostile; immediately drawing his bow and shouting at Khor not to take another step. Khor set his shield and flail in the snow and politely asked to speak with their queen. The guard made no move to oblige and still stood unblinking, ready to let his arrow fly for the slightest reason. Now Khor called out in a loud voice, "I seek urgent council with the queen!" Shortly, two more guards came outside to make sure it was safe and then beckoned to the queen.

9129919520_618fc8e7f1_c.jpg

9129923606_9a63720634_c.jpg

(I'll change this photo out for one with proper flags soon. I took on but it turned out really blurry. :blush: )

9129931148_b635b448f5_c.jpg

9127712471_7192df05cf_c.jpg

This is my first snowscape. I was getting impatient waiting on the large build I'm working on to wrap up and the new arches from the Council of Elrond set were just begging me to use them. :tongue:

C&C please! :sweet:

Very nice job, in particular with the cheese mosaic! It looks very nice with the elven arches though maybe it would look better sans tan? The tan just doesn't seem to go with the sand green very well, but it could likely be just me. Nice job both with the base and also with the snow scape. Any particular reason for the 'legs' though?

Ah, I had the legs on it originally to make it sit level on an uneven surface that I was trying to photograph on. I ended up finding a better place to take pictures but had taken a liking to the legs so I just put them on the back too. I personally like sand green and tan together but I'm sure it could be done much better by better builders.

Wow! Great build! Love the path and snow covered flowers! Great work! :sweet::thumbup:

Great build. I like anything with elves, so it is really neat to see some more builds here.

I like the story you are going with. Very interesting read. I can't wait to read more.

As for the build, I like the arches and the cheese mosaic. I also happen to like tan and sand green together, in most settings. It doesn't look right here, I think mainly because of the contrast with the white snow. But to each their own.

Good work!

I already mentioned I liked the flowers, but I missed the mosaic work, it looks really good. The story is progressing nicely, and the introduction of the snowelves is a great dimension for Mitgardia.

Although it doesn't really make sense, perhaps a different color at the base of the structure would differentiate it from the snow.

Looks even better not on your phone! Glad you found some internet after we parted ways.

Well, I am partial to elves, so I love that already. But, the sand green color scheme looks great here!

Great MOC! I love the use of the arches and the cheese slope mosaic. I personally think that sand green and tan go well together, so well done there as well.

Nice wall and snowscape, and nice to see those gothic arches put to MOC use :classic: I think that the sand green and white go perfect together in the wall!

Somehow I find elves and snow to be a bit of a new take on things, one I definitely like.

Lovely build Str0ngbad! The snow scape is excellent and I like your bush design :thumbup: Great mosaic too. I think if you made the door all reddish brown it would stand out as the door better. Another very minor suggestion is to make the crenelations match the pattern of the arches: by putting them only on the tan 2x2 slopes they would match the arches and the sand green slopes would be always in between the crenelations. I do like the color scheme and it is definitely 'cool' :laugh: to see the new arches put to use :classic:

Really nice work :thumbup: :thumbup: I like in particularly the decorations of the basement and the alleyway :wink:

Interesting wall design, nice choice of colors. Guess I now have to get this set too, although this will mean more fleshies I can't get rid of! :wink:

Love the muted colour palette here, the crenellated bricks look great too. I love these gothic arches, hope we get them in bley and tan soon. Lovely build!

:classic:

Interesting wall design, nice choice of colors. Guess I now have to get this set too, although this will mean more fleshies I can't get rid of! :wink:

I'll take them off your hands!

Oh, and if these are snow elves, tell them not to trust the dwarves. (Oh yeah, Skyrim reference!)

Nice build! Especially like the landscape; the flowers and snow covered shrubs.

Wow this is great! The colours, the "base plate" and the figs as well!

The top wall seems a little low though?

Thank you guys for all the kind and constructive comments. I'm sorry I haven't been more active in responding to them.

I already mentioned I liked the flowers, but I missed the mosaic work, it looks really good. The story is progressing nicely, and the introduction of the snowelves is a great dimension for Mitgardia.

Although it doesn't really make sense, perhaps a different color at the base of the structure would differentiate it from the snow.

Thanks Ska! I know that it may not generally be ideal to have the landscape and wall the same color but for whatever reason, I decided I wanted to try blending the two together for this one.

Lovely build Str0ngbad! The snow scape is excellent and I like your bush design :thumbup: Great mosaic too. I think if you made the door all reddish brown it would stand out as the door better. Another very minor suggestion is to make the crenelations match the pattern of the arches: by putting them only on the tan 2x2 slopes they would match the arches and the sand green slopes would be always in between the crenelations. I do like the color scheme and it is definitely 'cool' :laugh: to see the new arches put to use :classic:

Thanks SK, I have probably learned more from your snowscapes than anywhere else. The door suggestin is a good one. I was never happy with that part of the MOC but I couldn't figure out what would change that. The crenelations were only spaced the way they were because I didn't have enough to place them closer. I do now and it does look better. :thumbup:

The arches are surprisingly not very expensive on Bricklink if those are what primarily interestes you in the set. Of course, I would love to take fleshies off your hands. If only I was going to Germany this summer like I wanted to! :cry_sad:

Wow this is great! The colours, the "base plate" and the figs as well!

The top wall seems a little low though?

Pieces. I totally agree with you, the wall needs more height. I just barely squeeked it out that high though as I had already used up most of my white and sand green for support bricks in another WIP project. I was kicking myself for it the whole time I was building this. :sceptic:

Edited by Str0ngbad