Sign in to follow this  
Chro

Kalmah / Ehlek

9113740386_0e0525dda3.jpg

^ CLICK THE PHOTO ABOVE TO VIEW THE GALLERY ON MOCPAGES. ^

I personally think that Kalmah is better, but I think Ehlek is alright too. After building Kalmah I wanted another, and Ehlek is my favorite Barraki, so I just had to build him. I'm considering revamping the other four (and Nocturn) later, but for now it's just the Squid and the Eel.

Feedback is appreciated.

They are both incredible but still both of them need improvment. Ehlek should be thicker in waists and Kalmah should be wider in sholders.

These are great!

Kalmah looks great while still retaining his original look.

Ehlek is great too,but I don't like red eyes for Ehlek.

Great Job!Wish you luck in that contest with Fenrek.

Thanks Nocturn. Ehlek's torso at its thinnest is three studs wide, which is actually a bit wider than the original... and Kalmah's shoulders from the original set were, IMO, too wide, so I made them a bit thinner. The double-jointed shoulder design is also inspired by the ridiculous flexibility of real squids. :P

Thanks Zach. I'd intended to use orange eyes, but couldn't find a second one, and I didn't like how blue eyes looked in this case.

Edited by Chro

Thanks Nocturn. Ehlek's torso at its thinnest is three studs wide, which is actually a bit wider than the original... and Kalmah's shoulders from the original set were, IMO, too wide, so I made them a bit thinner. The double-jointed shoulder design is also inspired by the ridiculous flexibility of real squids. :P

Thanks Zach. I'd intended to use orange eyes, but couldn't find a second one, and I didn't like how blue eyes looked in this case.

Oh, I forgot. You could try making Ehlek's neck longer and puting these two spines on sides from arms to the neck (just like in Piraka).

Awesome; Kalmah obviously steals the show, with a very fitting organic look, but Ehlek looks much better than the first picture would have you believe. His only problems are the triple row of spines, which would look better if there were just two, and how much his lower legs stick out compared to his feet.

They are nice, but you removed some important features of these characters. Ehlek shouldn't have this chest armor, it should be thinner at least, he would use some more metru green and you should change his feet to original ones IMO, maybe he should have less armor everywhere. But as another member of Ehlek's species he would be really great, I just don't think he looks a lot like Ehlek himself

Kalmah who has wide torso in original, has it there maybe a bit smaller than necessary, but it is not much of a problem. The real problem are his feet which should be again from the set, because Inika feet don't match the rest of the build. His arms are not very stabilized, are they? This is one of my criteria when I build something so it stands in one place. The tentancle works in black, but it would work as well in orange, because it looked more like it isn't part of him, but rather something he has found and used since.

But enough criticism, your MOCs are great and you should know it. :P

Thanks for the feedback, David. :)

I used the feet that I did because I was having trouble connecting the originals, and also I just felt that they were way too big, LOL. Kalmah's arms are extremely stable, why do you ask? And I made the tentacle black to look more like it was part of him, since that's apparently what it's supposed to be. Thanks again. ;)

Arms are connected to the torso via these short hero factory beams, right? http://www.brickset..../?part=4593557These aren't very stable unless they're somehow locked in place as far as I know. And no problem, glad I could possibly help. :laugh:

They allow a giant range of motion. I agree with Chro, I use similar techniques a lot, and it's a stable design.