Mr. Elijah Timms

What Collectible MiniFig Is Your Favorite Army Builder?

I loved the mechanic from s6, I got 3 of it! Also got 2 trendsetter from s10.

Soon it will be the Bavarian Lady... Once those suckers go for $1 at Walmart... :drool:

Hello... probably I was misunderstood.

What I meant was: what minifig would have Lego to produce to make you buy hundreds of it?

To me, a CMF orc with the pointy ears hair like the ones from LoTR, or a wraith, like dementors/ringwraiths...

To you?

The one I would want already exists, it's the Revolutionary Soldier, perfect for my pirate collection. I've made a decision though to limit myself to no more than three of a minifigure I want, otherwise I'd spend far too much on the buggers... works well for the musketeers, unfortunately my bluecoat army is a little small.

I loved the S1 zombie and have over 50 of them, all plucked from the boxes. I haven't reached the stage where I've bought him online. I also have a dozen Zombie Drivers from Monster Fighters. I just like Lego zombies.... I'm also trying to build a nice big Balin's Tomb diorama so I need lots of Moria goblins. I only have about nine so far. They're expensive, and it's not a part of the movies that TLG is likely to visit a second time, so I'm stuck.

As for hypothetical figures, a Borg drone. Yes. Hundreds of those. Lego, get the Star Trek license, then give me my Collective collection.

Honestly I can't think of any unlicensed minifig I'd like in droves. I have full sets of Series 1-8 with spares, but the interest dwindled to the point where I haven't even bothered to get any S11. And it's right there on the shelf....

The Spartan is still probably my ideal figure, but if I had to pick something they haven't done yet, it would be maybe some type of goblin or maybe a detailed undead knight.

My favourite figure so far would be the Elf (unfortunately, I haven't got him yet) and my ideal figure would be a new generic Castle Lion or Dragon soldier.

"The one I couldn't stop buying" would probably be a generic enough medieval soldier/knight with nice and unique heraldry, though a foot soldier or a squire for the 2012 Black Falcon(s) would probably do it too. Some other figures are higher on my wanted list, but I wouldn't need that many of them, like a medieval minstrel or a sorceress.

To date it's been the Spartan, Elf and Forest maiden

I would snap up Haltiamieli's suggestion of a minstrel/sorceress but not in army building quantities so for the purpose of unable to stop buying it definitely has to be a goblin/orc, I love the fantasy era goblins and all of the LoTR creatures. Since I cant imagine them making a licensed theme character even in altered form in to a CMF, they should really re-do the fantasy era one as a CMF. But NOT in a cute way. The cyclops and yeti while whimsical are of no use to me because they are too cute. I'm thinking more keeping in style with the minotaur. That would leave me eating ramen in no time :laugh:

More elfs and zombies would also do it.

Edited by Cara

We have a similar topic to this already. I'll merge the two shortly.

We have a similar topic to this already. I'll merge the two shortly.

Actually mine was pretty different.

It was: if Lego had to produce an army builder character in one of the future series, which one should it be?

The old one was instead: among the already produced characters... which is your army builder?

To me they address totally different topics.

Actually mine was pretty different.

It was: if Lego had to produce an army builder character in one of the future series, which one should it be?

The old one was instead: among the already produced characters... which is your army builder?

To me they address totally different topics.

And to me there's a lot of crossover, so this is now one glorious topic for all aspects of Army Building, past and future.