Mr. Elijah Timms

What Collectible MiniFig Is Your Favorite Army Builder?

16 geisha girls are my favorites; they make great gifts for Asian friends, so I have no idea how many I have given away besides these 16. Is that enough to make an army? Bet they can outsmart your SW clone whatevers any day of the week! (Don't get me wrong...I adore all minifigs that are human like...and my swarms of girls are always looking for a nice date.)

Edited by Legogal

30 Elves & revolutionary soldiers, 20 Forest Maidens, evil Dwarves, Aztec Warriors, Galaxy Patrol, Evil Knights, Tomahawk Warriors

The ones of which I have the most, so far:

S2 Spartan Warrior - 27

S5 Graduate - ~ 22 (estimate - I have some unopened ones, and I've lost count of exactly how many)

S6 Roman Soldier - 19 (estimate again, see above)

I'm actually more interested in amassing huge numbers of Graduates than any of the "warrior" figures; fortunately there's still one store near me that has a couple hundred S5 packets left, so I should be able to cherry-pick several more. I do wish I'd gotten more Roman Soldiers, though, but I guess I'm lucky to have the ones I do.

The ones I most wish I could get a lot more of than I have:

S7 Aztec Warrior - 5

S8 Lederhosen Guy - 1

That last one really stings. To begin with I always try to get at least two of each Minifigures minifigure, and I've succeeded with every one of them so far except for this one (and for some Series 10 ones, but that series is still readily available and I'm still picking it up). Moreover, I'd really wanted to get a bunch of the Lederhosen guys - maybe not as many as, say, Graduates, but at least a dozen or so. Somehow I just lost track of which ones I'd gotten multiples of and which I hadn't, and how long the series had been out, until by the time I realized I still needed to get a bunch more to get all the ones I wanted, it was too late to do so. I still hold out some hope of running across some more Series 8 somewhere, but my odds don't look good.

I'd also love to army-build the Toy Soldier from the new DK book, but obviously that's not going to be easy. I wish they'd chosen some other character less suitable for army-building to be included with the book... :sceptic:

hello! My favourite army builder is:

1# roman soldiers: I have 100 of them so i have a "legio" in 1:10 scale :laugh: ...

uvwz.jpg

d4t0.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

2# spartan warriors: only 33 for me... Serie 2 was very hard to find in italy.... Usally a game shop received only 1-3 box... so I visited about 10 shop in Lombardia to find them. Ufff

3# elves: 20.

4# zombies: 10 :wub:

have a nice day!

Nausi

My armies are more like battle packs:

4 Cyclopes

3 Minotaurs

3 Medusas

I also have 5 Tennis Aces that were not deliberate.

Not sure what constitutes an army builder, but I don't consider myself one. I missed most of the CMF series so far due to being in my dark age, but I'd consider buying at least 5 of each of the historical warrior type figures just so that I can mix and match the various outfits and accessories to create different characters for castle and pirate MOCs.

For multipes, I have:

10 revolutionary soldiers

2 roman commanders

3 warrior women

2 tomahawk warriors

2 medusa's

As an aside, today was the first day I actually went to a store to pick through packets. I was mainly looking for revolutionary soldiers, warrior women, and romans. These were pretty easy since the rifle, spear, and helmet are easy to pick out. I also figured hey, I could have a chance at finding Mr. Gold too. It was an eye opening experience. First, I wasn't the only adult picking through the CMF packets. And second, the store employees acted like this was a regular occurrence :laugh:

hello! My favourite army builder is:

1# roman soldiers: I have 100 of them so i have a "legio" in 1:10 scale :laugh: ...

Actually, you have a "centuria".

From your roman friend.

:D

Oh, I would love to reply to this... but really can't tell.

I think, if memory doesn't fail me:

1) Evil knight , 40 or so.

2) Evil dwarf, 30 or so

3) Heroic Knight, 26, I counted them recently.

In the meantime I reached over 50 minotaurs, over 40 heroic knight, over 35 cyclops.

I'm very proud also, since that was very rare, to have 20+ forest maidens.

~30 S1 forest guys

~20 roman soldiers.

Should have also gotten 30 zombies or so, S1 was almost never picked over by me, but I had to choose between archers and zombies.

The closest I come to having an "army" are all the surgeons I bought (I was doing a hospital MOC at the time and the torsos are useful for both surgeons and doctors in general and the x-ray tiles are good for sticking up around the place or sticking in the hands of the medical guys)

There are a couple I have bought 3 or 4 of though like the Computer Programmer (because I am an IT guy and a computer geek).

Good question! My top three "army builders" are:

1) series 9 policeman - have around 30 - 40 of these.

2) series 10 Roman commander - 20 of these, largely accidentally though do like them! Missed out on earlier soldier thanks to my dark ages.

3) heroic knight - 10 of these, lately accidentally again

Considering collecting series 11 constable next.

Though I am most certainly an army builder with several factions of castle figs that are at least 20+ each and lots of LOTR Uruk-Hai, the most of one CMF I've bought is 4 Heroic Knights. I probably would have gotten more if they had been a unique faction, but as it is, they're serving as statues/suits of empty armor for the Crownies. (they're just so monochromatic, they make good statues)

That said, I love the CMFs and hope they continue them for a long, long time. They are a wealth of fresh ideas, prints and parts. Plus, it's really fun to have something to look forward to a few times a year.

A very interesting discussion but I thought I had seen a discussion like this before, :look:

Meanwhile, my biggest collection is the S3 Elves, more than 100 pieces.

7976478402_dfd22a6a82_o.jpg

Other notable army builders' minifigures in significant quantities,

Gladiators, Forestmen, Dwarf Warriors, Viking Warriors, etc

Can't remember the rest though.

Oh man, I am jealous of that group of elves. Great minifig for sure. I was lucky to get the one that I have since I came out of my dark ages at series 5.

Ok, just a random question that crossed my mind today: Minifigures Series XX, a new minifigure is out and you love it, you grab one, two, it doesn't seem enough. You always want for more.

Which minifigure should it be? Describe it.

Of course, if you already went into this with one of the previous series, you can reply with that (I got 30/40 dunno black knight for instance).

Thanks ^_^

The most I have is about 17 Revolutionary Soldiers from the series 10 CMF. It is a great update to the blue coats.

Spartans. My favorite figure from the CMF line til today.

Hm, there are so many cool figures from all the series. I have about 14 Evil Knights (my largest army). But if I had to pick one minifigure to have endless amounts of (especially if I could get it for retail price), it would be the Spartan, either the S2 one or a similar new Spartan.