Axle

Is there any MOC you regret taking apart?

Is there any MOC that you think of and get an ache-y feeling in your heart wishing it was still around? Maybe you took one piece from it one day, and over time the MOC just disappeared into your box of bricks and was gone?

For me it's this one:

liftank.png

I apologise for the big picture and bad quality, but I can't seem to get it to go into 800 x 600 size :wacko:

Anyways, it was a tank that was in the original Lego Indiana Jones game, and I was so proud of this thing, I brought it everywhere, and then my dark ages happened and it got busted somehow :cry_sad:.

I remember spending many an hour in 2008 staring at the model in the game on the PlayStation 2 figuring out how to create it. Fond memories :blush:

I might re-make this soon, though, depending on if I can find all those threads! There were 3 pairs, 3 on each side.

Have you any regrets over MOCs you took apart?

I apologize if there's a similar topic already made, but I couldn't find one.

All of them. I would love to have the money and space to leave all my MOCs on display.

Surprisingly not. Even the MOCs I've loved, I've repurposed to other MOCs or I've rebuilt it to make them better. I think leaving them as they are is great, but at the same time it might be good to go over them again and see if the addition of a new piece or new color may help it out in the long run. Especially with some of my MOCs have been more aesthetic instead of structure or function, so not all of the pieces used were as ideal as they could have been. But then again, most of my MOCs get taken apart once pictures are taken. The only thing still together in my signature photos is the mini Black Knight castle.

I would love to have the money and space to leave all my MOCs on display.

I'd love to have all of your MOC's on display too!!!

I regret having taken apart many of my Exo Force MOC's, those and a few city buildings my son and I built for our old town.

I miss my alien spacecraft :cry_sad: .

12712667938_DISPLAY.jpg

(rear view...! )

My first and only spacecraft that actually looked decent...

Edited by Sebeus I

Not one of them. I always recycle my mocs so I don't miss any of them. Even if a moc stays assembled for a very long time, sooner or later I start taking bricks I need from it, and when it's plucked enough I finally take it fully apart.

I regret of not having pictures of some things I made when I was kid (as in that time, taking photos was not free like now with digital cameras, I only have pics of a few things)

But for the AFOL-era MOCs the photos I made are enough to me to keep.

I had a space ship I built when I was 14 or 15. The only space ship I ever built. I tore it apart an month or so ago. It was too large and over time I have been reducing the number of smaller storage containers. That and this suspended tram my friends and I built when we were twelve. We'd set up some string across a slight slope over 200ft and send it across the yards and street. I didn't take it apart, but the pieces weren't mine, so I might as well have :classic:

Not really, although there was one huge space base my brother and I made years ago.

But for all the rest of the MOCs I've disassembled, I've always done the same kind of build, only a lot better.

AFOL = Adult Fan Of LEGO.

MOC = My Own Creation.

SNOT = Studs Not On Top.

CMF = Collectible MiniFigs.

Sometimes I tend to go back to them if I have a good idea of how to improve them, but for t.he most part they are left made if they are things I have actually made to keep. I do not tand to make things I do not intend to keep made.

I created this Large Blue Skakdi Bionicle Moc which had such great detail I never took photos of it and I decided to take it apart so I could make more Toa -.- I also made some beefy Green Krekka's species Moc which I took apart for the same reason as the first simply because I wanted more Toa lol.

I don't have any pictures but I created a small version of the echo base which a few weeks later after I made it I took it apart.

I must tend towards the opposite extreme since I rarely disassemble any of my MOCs. Some built 15+ years ago still sit on shelves alongside official Lego sets. Lately, I've focused myself on just one large-scale MOC per year to keep the hobby affordable since for each new project, I must place a series of substantial orders on Bricklink. For me, disassembling older MOCs would not help with new projects as I now try to make each new MOC use a fresh palette of colors that I consider "new" or "experimental" since the colors are either uncommon or non-existent in my current collection.