Sign in to follow this  
Tamamono

Silver City Mafia: Day 1 - Once Upon a Time in the West

Sorry, from my perspective there seemed to be an air of accusation. Rereading it, I completely disagree with your final statement Damien.

What has a scum got to gain from a move like that? A free pass through investigations, potentially a few people trusting them completely, maybe even a few other people claiming. There would be benefits for a scum claiming.

Well howdy, folks! Looks like we started off the day with a lot of excitement, isn't that right Daddy?

Dad? Mom? I'm - I'm right over here... :look:

Ahem. Sheridan (Scubacarrot), what are you ramblin' on about? First things first, I wanna tell you a little story. One of my ancestors - her name was something like Etta or Ethel, I think - was a maid in a mystical castle. She had an accent that, well, sounded a lot like yours! That accent didn't work out so well for her, God rest her soul... :cry_sad: The moral of the story is that valley girls and lynch mobs aren't a good combination. :grin:

A good part of me believes that you're just trying to fool us by claiming so unexpectedly and that you're hoping we'll accept it just because of how brazen, absurd, and downright ballsy it is, like some kind of Trojan Horse. If that is your strategy, it seems to be working quite effectively!

That said, right now I'm more inclined to think that a murderous Coyote wouldn't take that kind of risk or do anything quite so brash, especially on the first day. I figure that a Coyote would prefer to lay low.

Sorry, from my perspective there seemed to be an air of accusation. Rereading it, I completely disagree with your final statement Damien.

What has a scum got to gain from a move like that? A free pass through investigations, potentially a few people trusting them completely, maybe even a few other people claiming. There would be benefits for a scum claiming.

Fair enough. I didn't say they could gain nothing. A free pass from investigation is the biggest benefit of such a claim to a scum, especially this preemptively. I don't think this claim will make anyone trust her completely though. No one should claim to her. I just mean, I think the risks of drawing attention to herself, combined with the unconfirmability of such a claim and its relative uselessness in comparison to other claims as a chip with which to access Towny trust, outweighs the benefit it could afford a scum, making this claim appear Towny to me.

Ugh, can I like ask everyone to like state your opinion on my claim or whatever, even if you like totally agree with one of the previous people or something.

Oh hell what start to the day, hanging you say?

This gonna be a long day

Ugh, that last bit was like directed at Jessica, or whatever.

Ugh, you are like, not thinking this through. As I like, totally said, I'd thought of that ploy as well, but I think catching a Coyote is like, totally not as easy as you make it out to be, could be more problems, there'd be no way to like prove I'd turn up Coyote to the gangmember if by some miracle I found one before it came up in like, public or whatever. The chance to be investigated and causing problems for the town is like, totally way bigger I think, or whatever. I did like, expect, people, would like, go two ways about this, and I understand or something, there's like two ways to think about it, I could be considered a named Villager, or I could be someone who is trying to pull something off or whatever. What people got to like, ask themselves or whatever, would a Coyote, and more importantly, me, try to pull this off if I were a Coyote? I'm like, not objective, but I think like, not. Ugh. So annoying.

Hey boy whats you tal´ng bout? Lets get to work and stop rambling like a fool, we will talk bout this at home

Boris, I'm thinking if Sheridan was scum she might have thought this through a little bit more. Don't you think she would have thought it would have been dismissed as false quickly. There's a lot of risks to this, and why would a scum claim something that would be quickly deemed false? I know it completely contradicts my original thoughts, but it's how I'm starting to feel. I'm starting to think it would be a really stupid scum claim.

Sheridan, I think you're more likely to be town, but your claim is still a little fishy to me. There's always that little chance that you're scum.

What? What!? Captain, this is not what you told me you were building. How dare you threaten my town with hangings! Ungh, all those guns...I guess there's no stopping you now.

9080893438_540143c5b3_o.png

"And what would you have said had I told you about our true intentions, Mr. Nelson? I seriously doubt that you'd have made

the responsible choice and allowed us to build it."

Hey boy whats you tal´ng bout? Lets get to work and stop rambling like a fool, we will talk bout this at home

Yes Daddy. :sweet: I would like your opinion on it though, please. :wub:

Ugh, can I like ask everyone to like state your opinion on my claim or whatever, even if you like totally agree with one of the previous people or something.

Why are you so anxious to see how we perceive your move?

For all it's worth, I am enclined to believe you are town; no scum in their right mind would pull that crap on day 1.

you said you would return as Coyote if investigvated but were you told what happens if you were to be killed or lynched? Would we then be able to assert your true allegiance?

I believe Sheridan said she'd come up Coyote on investigation, but is really aligned with the Village. That means she'd come up as Village if killed or lynched. The only way to test this is obviously to kill or lynch her. The good side about lynching her is that there'd be no later confusion surrounding her and her affiliation. The downside would be that we would be risking the loss of a townie.

Why are you so anxious to see how we perceive your move?

For all it's worth, I am enclined to believe you are town; no scum in their right mind would pull that crap on day 1.

you said you would return as Coyote if investigvated but were you told what happens if you were to be killed or lynched? Would we then be able to assert your true allegiance?

Ugh. So, I don't know if you have noticed, but I am seeing some fairly interesting things among the people's opinions about this or whatever, early on it seemed like a few people were trying to get me to be lynched since there was that air around, and then later there were some sudden switches in viewpoints or whatever. It could be like, nothing, but it could also be like, something. I don't want people to like, be able to hide while the town discusses things or something. So whatever, I think like, asking people their specific viewpoints about something is a like, a totally fab thing to do.

I do not like, knooow for like a 100% percent. But I am the Village Scapegoat, so I like, imagine I'd turn up Village, or whatever.

The truth is Sheridan, I will protect you and momma. And we will work together to find these creeps.

The truth is Sheridan, I will protect you and momma. And we will work together to find these creeps.

:wub: You're the best, Daddy. Not entirely what I asked though. :look:

The Great Carletta Maria Roberta Puerta is back once again!

And through the use of tea leaves, smoke, tarot cards, crystal balls, and mirrors, determines Sheridan is probably telling the truth. She assumes a particularly bold scum may have tried such a ploy, and it does indeed fit with what we know of dear Sheridan, but ultimately finds it rather unlikely, and is willing to believe she is telling the truth. The Great Carletta Emilia Maria Roberta Puerta thinks it's pretty damn funny that only hours into the day we already have some reactions to draw from for our future accusations and defenses and all manner of things.

:wub: You're the best, Daddy. Not entirely what I asked though. :look:

I believe you lassy.

Ofcourse how you put this out does feel strange but I don't think this is a trick. Wouldn't it be a too obvious attempt?

Not from ,y girl, ya hear!

Howdy, folks. We've certainly had an interesting start to the day.

Why is it important for everyone to state their opinions? We can probably learn as much from people who don't react to your claim as we do from those who do.

For the record, I think this is too ballsy a move for scum to start the day off with. It doesn't make sense to draw so much attention to yourself this early on, especially when there wasn't any reason to think that you would be investigated. Probably not scum, but I don't think we should trust you just yet.

I understand your points, partner, but as I said, the Town outweighs the scum on this, for me. I don't really agree with your first phrase. Whether it happens at the beginning (or most often, near the end) of the day, a scum claim usually serves to not only save its own hide, but also to distance itself from the rest of the Scum. That said, any claim by a scum risks hurting the other scum, if not in other ways, then at least by risking they loose a member. This claim, which is unconfirmable (he's admitted to investigating as Scum), and overly convenient for a scum to make, a claim that usually straight-up means the claimant is scum, is very risky. It takes pretty big balls to make such a gambit, and needlessly draw attention to one's self. :sceptic: There's nothing sneaky about it, and no one should trust her. A role like this does not get put into secret Town discussions. She's not getting much for the risk if she is scum.

I see I raised you well, my son. These are wise words indeed.

Why is it important for everyone to state their opinions? We can probably learn as much from people who don't react to your claim as we do from those who do.

For the record, I think this is too ballsy a move for scum to start the day off with. It doesn't make sense to draw so much attention to yourself this early on, especially when there wasn't any reason to think that you would be investigated. Probably not scum, but I don't think we should trust you just yet.

Ugh, I totally answered that question before. Whatever

Ugh. So, I don't know if you have noticed, but I am seeing some fairly interesting things among the people's opinions about this or whatever, early on it seemed like a few people were trying to get me to be lynched since there was that air around, and then later there were some sudden switches in viewpoints or whatever. It could be like, nothing, but it could also be like, something. I don't want people to like, be able to hide while the town discusses things or something. So whatever, I think like, asking people their specific viewpoints about something is a like, a totally fab thing to do.

So like whatever, but I may be like, misconstructing things here, but you say I am probably not scum, but should be trusted regardless or whatever. If you just mean because probably is not like, a 100%, then okay, I get it or something. But like, the way I read it at first seems to suggest you think I might be like, something totally different than a Coyote or Villager. or whatever I hope you like, realize that what I claimed would be like, the absolute worst thing to claim for like a third party. Not fab.

Ugh. And that should be "should NOT be trusted regardless" of course. Whatever.

If Sheridan were scum, why would she claim so boldly and so early in the day? The legends of my people tell that the best scum like to hide in the middle of the pack, being neither so loud as to draw attention, nor so quiet as to attract suspicion. I do not think the scum would want one of their own to put herself front and center on Day One, when we could so easily put her claim to the test by lynching her. The scum would be one down before the game had truly begun, and that is just not skookum.

My ancestors told tales of a warrior known as Scumba, which in our language means Carrot-Who-Dives. Scumba was known for being a bold and forthright participant in the ancient Mah-fee-ah rituals, and I believe Sheridan is channeling the spirit of this fierce fighter. Such a claim as hers is certainly consistent with how my people have known Scumba to act.

There is always a small chance that this is a FWIFOM (Fire Water In Front of Me), but for now I choose to believe Sheridan's claim.

As a show of good faith, Sheridan, I offer you and your whole family a 20% discount on all my furs.*

*For the next ten minutes.

I don't not really trust her claim, but there's not really not good reason not to with the logic used by other townsmen. I do know, even in me drunky state, that she regardless seem less trustful then others, simply because of all the suspicious nature behind her words, which seem very hard to make out some times; like you know. Wait a second, that was too logical of a comment! I need more booze quickly!

I think Sheridan could have gone without claiming. However, somethin' else has come up yonder that makes me feel like There's some fishy bizness goin' on 'round these parts. Notice how Sheridan's dad came in? I know he's her father and all, but it just seemed weird. Saying you'll protect her may be a bad role-playing attempt, but the way you didn't even answer her original requests, just to say you'll protect her makes me wonder if you two have something with each other other than family relations.

Actually, Sherri's claim wasn't necessary, but it was justified.

Caleb, get thee to the saloon post-haste and get thee drunkerer.

As for Sheridan, I don't see a need to put the noose on her just yet. I think the claim was too bold for those scummos, but I also don't think she's verified as trustworthy yet - as is no one here.

Dad? Mom? I'm - I'm right over here... :look:

Hello hon', daddy an' mommy will pay attention to you soon enough. First we have to complah with Capt. Minnow's horrible yousurpation of daddy's power in this here podunk lil' town.

Some of y'alls been talkin' 'bout lynchin' Sheridan on that thar gallows, but stop an' think for a moment. If she's actually a townie, it's a setback to lynch her 'cause we'll be down a townie before we even started analyzin' stuff an' all. If she's actually scum, would she really be so gosh-darn silly as to point all the fingers at her? I know I been in this saloon drinkin' whiskey and wine all day (an' it sure is tasty) but I think we'd best leave her alone for the moment.

Let's talk 'bout people's reactions to her claim. But I sure want other people to talk too. My little gossip book says Connie, Liz, Zachary, Esther, Beatrice, Prudence, Tony and Kenneth ain't even woke up today yet.

Saying you'll protect her may be a bad role-playing attempt, but the way you didn't even answer her original requests, just to say you'll protect her makes me wonder if you two have something with each other other than family relations.

Why's you think Sheridan and her daddy are both scummos? Don't y'all think it would be kinda dumb to come to such a weak defense of a fellow scummo so early in the day when defenses aren't even necessary? Now, I ain't gonna opine yet about Sheridan's daddy, because he seems to be a man of few words and I should like to see more of what he has to say, but I should think that sayin' we done caught two scum is jumpin' the Smith & Wesson (or is it the noose?).

My, my, my, look at the time! I gotta get home an' see mah child!

And I'm like totally planning on helping catch the Coyotes as much as I can, okay, what makes you think I'm like, not?

Ugh, Jessica, could you like, answer this. Or whatever.