Sign in to follow this  
Tamamono

Silver City Mafia: Day 1 - Once Upon a Time in the West

Sorry, I've been napping.

Alright, Esther. You want an analysis?

It seems after I made my post, Michael's follow-up post was talking about "Protecting Sheridan". This rang to me as if Michael is a little closer to Sheridan than we think, and it still worries me a little.

It felt like the response I got from Jessica was a town response. Lynching somebody to find out if they're town is surely wrong. But that wasn't really the point. Jessica gave an overall townie response, by trying to point out my logic, and I appreciate that. I'm willing to say Jessica is a member if the Village right now.

Molly, however, was slightly different. She defended my logic. I'm a bit unsure as to why, but she defended my logic. It pings me a little bit, but not terribly. Molly has tended to be much more helpful than others.

Michael worries me the most, so he may be earning himself a new vote by me.

It felt like the response I got from Jessica was a town response. Lynching somebody to find out if they're town is surely wrong. But that wasn't really the point. Jessica gave an overall townie response, by trying to point out my logic, and I appreciate that. I'm willing to say Jessica is a member if the Village right now.

Molly, however, was slightly different. She defended my logic. I'm a bit unsure as to why, but she defended my logic. It pings me a little bit, but not terribly. Molly has tended to be much more helpful than others.

This is in reference to the discussion about lynching as a way of testing loyalties? Where you said "The only way to test this is obviously to kill or lynch her. The good side about lynching her is that there'd be no later confusion surrounding her and her affiliation. The downside would be that we would be risking the loss of a townie."?

If that's what you're talking about, then I saw where Jessica said " I wanted to put my two cents in to say that lynching her today is probably a bad idea. Also, not even because they thought she is scum, but because we'd "find out her true allegiance". That's a stupid reason to lynch someone." How's that pointing out logic?

I did the actual effort to think about it and put a wee bit of thought into it and said "Naw, there's plenty of times when a lynch to determine allegiance is a perfectly legit way to go. I don't think so here - nothing to be learned other than her loyalties - but it's certainly not something to make a blanket statement like that. Why I remember a time in this special Academy when we tried to learn lots of things from lynching."

That wasn't to defend YOU - I have no idea if you're with us or against us yet. I was just saying that sometimes lynching to learn is a legit idea. When there's more significant claims, voting history, etc to consider once you know for SURE where someone stood. Here, not so much since ALL we'd learn is Sheridan's loyalties and nothing else since she hasn't done anything nor has anyone defended or attacked her enough to base further action on.

I don't think the biggest risk in leaving Sheridan alone for now is that she's scum. If so, it'll come out in time. I don't think anyone will trust her as town - at least not anytime soon - so I don't see her "infiltrating the town ranks" or anything like that. The biggest risk I see is that she could be a powerful scum and figures she'll be left alone now and can fly under the radar while wielding some powerful night action for the scum, and not face much scrutiny since we can't investigate her. A rolecop (if we have one) could help with that, but that's a big if there. So I plan to treat Sheridan like everyone else - an unknown until they've shown themselves trustworthy. (and I don't think that scenario is likely, cause that would be a might ballsy move for a power scum!)

Ok, I need to get my vote in now because I don't know that I'll be able to be back before the end of the day, so...

Vote: Esther Thompson (Esurient)

Of my three biggest suspicions, she's the one that sits worst with me.

Vote Count

Esther Thompson (Esurient) - 8 (Kadabra, CallMePie, Trumpetking, mostlytechnic, Darkdragon, TheBoyWonder, Captain Nemo, Clanure)

Caleb Norman (Captain Nemo) - 7 (Scubacarrot, Mencot, jamesn, Peanuts, Adam, LegoDad, Purpearljellyblob)

Michael Thompson (Mencot) - 4 (Capt. Redblade, Bob, Dannylonglegs, Kristel)

Sheridan Thompson (Scubacarrot) - 1 (Zakura)

Connie Radford (Clanure) - 1 (PirateDave84)

No vote - 3 (Esurient, TinyPiesRUs, KielDaMan)

12 hours until Sunset.

This is in reference to the discussion about lynching as a way of testing loyalties? Where you said "The only way to test this is obviously to kill or lynch her. The good side about lynching her is that there'd be no later confusion surrounding her and her affiliation. The downside would be that we would be risking the loss of a townie."?

If that's what you're talking about, then I saw where Jessica said " I wanted to put my two cents in to say that lynching her today is probably a bad idea. Also, not even because they thought she is scum, but because we'd "find out her true allegiance". That's a stupid reason to lynch someone." How's that pointing out logic?

I did the actual effort to think about it and put a wee bit of thought into it and said "Naw, there's plenty of times when a lynch to determine allegiance is a perfectly legit way to go. I don't think so here - nothing to be learned other than her loyalties - but it's certainly not something to make a blanket statement like that. Why I remember a time in this special Academy when we tried to learn lots of things from lynching."

That wasn't to defend YOU - I have no idea if you're with us or against us yet. I was just saying that sometimes lynching to learn is a legit idea. When there's more significant claims, voting history, etc to consider once you know for SURE where someone stood. Here, not so much since ALL we'd learn is Sheridan's loyalties and nothing else since she hasn't done anything nor has anyone defended or attacked her enough to base further action on.

This is just how I saw it. Jessica was pointing out my logic, since my "idea" was called stupid. I took that of a way of Jessica saying it was illogical. As for defending me, it's not that you were defending me, but in a way you were defending or backing up the idea of lynching to learn.

Sheridan, you've had plenty to say for sure today, but it's all been based on your immediate claim and subsequent defense/impact of your actions. You've voted for Caleb because he's been the most dogged in questioning you. Through all of this though, I haven't seen your thoughts or impressions on any of the other action that has happened with other players.

You claimed, defended, but haven't done much past that. I'm not liking that. What do you think about everything else?

It's funny. Because you say I've voted for Caleb based only on the fact that he's been after me, and Caleb himself said the same thing. Yet if you actually read what has been said, I actually raised some points against him, points others have seen as well. Esther.. I don't think voting for her right now is the best of ideas at the moment. She displayed some weird behaviour, and has soft claimed as some people have called it. That's fact. I like to think that her claim is some sort of ruse for the scum to fall into. I definitely don't see the earliest things she came into scrutiny for as a big deal. But no matter how damaging for the town it is, voting off a potential power role seems really counterproductive to me.

Zachary's vote is also really unhelpful. You vote for two reasons: to get someone to speak up, to get someone lynched. He has not pushed for the first, and the second is not a possibility. That does not sit right with me.

Keep in mind, the person with the most votes will be lynched, not majority, so not thirteen votes. I urge people to take a good look at both Esther and Caleb's cases, which has been more helpful, which would be a greater loss for the town if what they claim is right, you know the deal. I also urge people that haven't voted for either to reconsider their target to either Esther or Caleb. Also, keep in mind that if neither Ester or Caleb are scum, the scum would prefer to see Esther gone since she has claimed a role, more or less.

While I don't think both are scum (more likely only one is), I remain wary of both Esther and Sheridan. Here's my train of thought:

My role PM came 21 hours before Day 1 started. Assuming everyone else got theirs around the same time, it provided lots of time for scum to talk and develop a strategy. And what better way to avoid a lynch, especially on Day 1, than planting the possibility that you are town. In the case of Sheridan, the claim is difficult to verify. We would need a role cop and, if we do have one, we don't know yet if the action will return just "vanilla" or "vanilla + allegiance". In the case of Esther, a PR is something we don't want to lose.

Thats strange

About Esther not gonna go in on her but I don´t think we should vote for her today, as Sheridan and others put it.. it can be the scum will get her at night because of her foolishness.

For balance you vote for me... that great logic.

Ok I haven´t had so much content yet, but I remeber a something similar to this in my old town, and there I didn´t contribute much the first day either and also been working in the mines for 16 hour days (irl, really 16 hours this week) but I have been here, reading through every comment and trying to put some comments in between.

Not as the 2 others you mentioned (Beatrice and Connie), quoting your comment about her, "One to say we should stop flogging the dead horse, and the second to vote for Michael for his odd defense of Sheridan" The 2nd one, yea she only says vote for me and then disappares, she hasn´t been here to hear out what little I have said after that about the "ood defense", defense other people has said about Sheridan also. Because the only thing why I defended her isn´t that I am her father, it is becasue I believe her but, as others have said it is better to lay down about Sheridans first comment and claim for now. And someone can check her out at night if there is someone with that role.

Did you read anything after that, or do you do as some others her also, skim through posts and take up on some words and skip others and twist them to fit your own intentions?

Ugh. Are we really going to lynch a possible Power role on day one? Esther, poor showing that you haven't spoken up lately, I've got to say.

There is also no excuse for not voting. I've seen both Kenneth and Tony around who haven't voted yet. It's just lazy. Don't go using it as an excuse tomorrow when people go after you saying: Boohoo, you're just going after me because I've got penalty votes.

If I miraculously survive this lynch, I am open for investigations to prove my allegiance.

Here are my final reads for the Day.

Caleb Norman, drunkard - played by Captain Nemo

- Claimed to be vanilla, but doesn't seem to know what he's doing.

- Read - 50/50

Liz Devon, wife of Patrick - played by LegoDad

- Read - Null

Connie Radford, rancher and wife of Zachary - played by Clanure

- Asks others to contribute to discussions, but doesn't seem to do it herself.

- Made a timed argument.

- Read - Scum

Boris Wheeler, lawyer - played by TheBoyWonder

- Voted based on meta, not proactive

- Read - 50/50

Perry Nathan, baker - played by Peanuts

- Read - Null

Beatrice Kingsley, bartender and aunt of Tristan - played by Bob

- Not proactive

- Read - 50/50

Carletta Maria Puerta, fortune teller - played by CallMePie

- Reads players based on meta, doesn't follow through her suspicions

- Never answered questions. General ignorant behaviour

- Read - Scum

Michael Thompson, miner, father of Sheridan and husband of Esther - played by Mencot

- Read - Null

Tristan Kingsley, stableboy and nephew of Beatrice - played by Trumpetking

- Didn't seem to pursue his suspicions

- Ignorant

- Read - Scum

Clay Redfeather, fur trapper - played by Capt. Redblade

- Switches targets like a wind and voted without making clarifications and discussions to matters at hand

- Not proactive

- Ignorant

- Read - Scum

Jessica Nelson, wife of Drake and mother of Abigail - played by jamesn

- Read - Null

Zachary Radford, rancher and husband of Connie - played by Zakura

- Not proactive

- Read - 50/50

Drake D. Nelson, mayor of Silver City and husband of Jessica - played by Darkdragon

- Lurker

- Made zero contributions to matters at hand

- Read - Scum

Prudence Jellison, teacher - played by Purpearljellyblob

- Read - Null

Damien Long, farmhand and son of Kimberly - played by Dannylonglegs

- Read - Null

Abigail Nelson, daughter of Drake and Jessica - played by Adam

- Read - Null

Molly Tennant, saloon dancer - played by mostlytechnic

- Read - Null

Kimberly Long, farmer and mother of Damien - played by Kristel

- Read - Null

Tony P. Russel, cardsharp - played by TinyPiesRUs

- Lurker

- Not proactive

- Read - 50/50

Patrick Devon, general store owner and husband of Liz - played by PirateDave

- Supported policy lynch, Lynch-all-lurkers when he's not active himself.

- Read - 50/50

Kenneth Emanuel, sheriff - played by KielDaMan

- Lurker

- Not proactive

- Read - 50/50

Sheridan Thompson, miner and daughter of Michael and Esther - played by Scubacarrot

- Claimed to be Town Scapegoat with no NA (so essentially a vanilla)

- Read - Null

Kane DeBois, snake oil salesman - played by Kadabra

- Lurker

- Ignorant

- Never answered questions

- Read - Scum

If I were to compile a scum/town/third party list based on Day 1,

Scum

Connie

Kane

Drake

Clay

Tristan

Carletta

Third party

Patrick

Town

Rest

For what is worth, I feel that I still have lots to contribute to the Town and I am not ready to go yet.

Vote: Caleb Norman (Captain Nemo)

I have a 50/50 read on you, but I know I am Town. So I am taking the risk on this one.

Now that I'm caught up on everything, I don't find the cases against either Caleb or Esther particularly convincing. However, Esther seems to be more passionate and genuinely concerned with catching scum, and appears to me to be too reckless to be scum. Of course, she also potentially has a night action, whereas Caleb has confirmed he doesn't, which leads me to...

I also agree with Sheridan that Zachary's vote is odd. Not only is his vote useless, but also because a miller claim by itself is not valid grounds for a lynch. The vast majority of us will not be investigated over the course of this game of life, so essentially Sheridan is in the same boat as most of us. It is only in the late-game that I would be concerned about the inability to confirm his allegiance.

Vote Count

Caleb Norman (Captain Nemo) - 9 (Scubacarrot, Mencot, jamesn, Peanuts, Adam, LegoDad, Purpearljellyblob, Esurient, TinyPiesRUs)

Esther Thompson (Esurient) - 8 (Kadabra, CallMePie, Trumpetking, mostlytechnic, Darkdragon, TheBoyWonder, Captain Nemo, Clanure)

Connie Radford (Clanure) - 1 (PirateDave84)

No vote - 1 (KielDaMan)

2 hours until Sunset.

After reading through everything that has been said by the two primary lynch candidates, Esther and Caleb, I'm not entirely convinced of their suspected scuminess. Esther seems to have the best intentions for the Village despite the highly-aggressive nature of her pursuit of weeding out the members of the Red Coyote Gang. The accusations against Caleb aren't strong enough either for me to vote for him, and his defense is quite satisfactory for me.

To be honest, I'm not really comfortable with voting any of the lynch candidates, so I decided not to vote and accept the consequences of my action.

After reading through everything that has been said by the two primary lynch candidates, Esther and Caleb, I'm not entirely convinced of their suspected scuminess. Esther seems to have the best intentions for the Village despite the highly-aggressive nature of her pursuit of weeding out the members of the Red Coyote Gang. The accusations against Caleb aren't strong enough either for me to vote for him, and his defense is quite satisfactory for me.

To be honest, I'm not really comfortable with voting any of the lynch candidates, so I decided not to vote and accept the consequences of my action.

Gathering penalty votes when you can just cast a random vote makes little sense to me. I understand your position in that I also do not feel confident enough that the candidates are scum, but you should vote.

Now that I'm caught up on everything, I don't find the cases against either Caleb or Esther particularly convincing. However, Esther seems to be more passionate and genuinely concerned with catching scum, and appears to me to be too reckless to be scum. Of course, she also potentially has a night action, whereas Caleb has confirmed he doesn't, which leads me to...

Yeah, this is how I've started thinking too. I'm leaning towards Esther being very aggressive, but TOO aggressive to be scum. I certainly wouldn't have handled things the way she has, but I don't think scum would have either. So I'm going to

Unvote: Esther Thompson (Esurient)

Since it appears Caleb is getting lynched anyway (all the votes are in other than the Sheriff's, and he's got a couple vote lead), I'll switch my vote there too.

I actually thought about doing a throw-away vote since I'm not at all convinced on anyone today either - I mean, really, how can anyone be sure enough to KILL SOMEONE based on day 1? And the odds are high that we'll be wrong and lynch a townie - but in the end, the vote is the most powerful thing the town has and just throwing it away or even not using it is foolish. So I went with someone who is a bit scummy, the most scummy of anyone so far. If there was a better candidate I'd vote for someone other than caleb with no qualms, but there's not.

That's pretty dumb. I assume you will say you are town. Guess who gains anything from a townie having penalty votes? Spoilers, it's not the town.

I just went through the journal again and quite frankly, I am still very comfortable with my policy vote.

However since I am policy voting, I feel it should be done proprely. Since my vote was cast, Connie came in and provided valid opinions and good insight on the the game; I shall therefore Unvote: Connie Radford (Clanure).

Whom to vote for now ... Oh I know! someone whos's actually contributed nothing, I mean absolutely nothing; no insight, no opinion, no justification for his vote, not even roleplaying.

I must agree with you Carletta. We've just about beaten the scapegoat thing into the ground and it's my belief that we should move on. Does anyone want to slip up for us and make our day good?

Vote: Michael Thompson (Mencot)

His odd defence of Sheridan strikes me a bit peculiar. I don't know if it's roleplaying or otherwise, but, nevertheless it's my vote.

Yeah ...

Vote: Beatrice Kingsley (Bob)

This is partly a policy vote, but consider this; when Beatrice voted (without explanation), the case on Michael had some momentum and it looked like it would turn into a bandwagon really quickly. This vote looks to me like an attempt for scum to jump early on a bandwagon in the hopes of blending in.

That's ridiculous! People's lives are at stake!--and your the sheriff!

Well, mud pies--it seems this town is he'll-a bent on hanging me despite my town-ness and my service.

It seems all over for the town drunky, so before the noose done take me breath I've got some words! I beith town through and through, I also hope the Thomson family done burn in hell. And...most of...I have to reveal...that none of ye know...I beith an alcoholicth!

me again, see correction in bold below:

I just went through the journal again and quite frankly, I am still very comfortable with my A policy vote.

If I miraculously survive this lynch, I am open for investigations to prove my allegiance.

Here are my final reads for the Day.

Caleb Norman, drunkard - played by Captain Nemo

- Claimed to be vanilla, but doesn't seem to know what he's doing.

- Read - 50/50

Liz Devon, wife of Patrick - played by LegoDad

- Read - Null

Connie Radford, rancher and wife of Zachary - played by Clanure

- Asks others to contribute to discussions, but doesn't seem to do it herself.

- Made a timed argument.

- Read - Scum

Boris Wheeler, lawyer - played by TheBoyWonder

- Voted based on meta, not proactive

- Read - 50/50

Perry Nathan, baker - played by Peanuts

- Read - Null

Beatrice Kingsley, bartender and aunt of Tristan - played by Bob

- Not proactive

- Read - 50/50

Carletta Maria Puerta, fortune teller - played by CallMePie

- Reads players based on meta, doesn't follow through her suspicions

- Never answered questions. General ignorant behaviour

- Read - Scum

Michael Thompson, miner, father of Sheridan and husband of Esther - played by Mencot

- Read - Null

Tristan Kingsley, stableboy and nephew of Beatrice - played by Trumpetking

- Didn't seem to pursue his suspicions

- Ignorant

- Read - Scum

Clay Redfeather, fur trapper - played by Capt. Redblade

- Switches targets like a wind and voted without making clarifications and discussions to matters at hand

- Not proactive

- Ignorant

- Read - Scum

Jessica Nelson, wife of Drake and mother of Abigail - played by jamesn

- Read - Null

Zachary Radford, rancher and husband of Connie - played by Zakura

- Not proactive

- Read - 50/50

Drake D. Nelson, mayor of Silver City and husband of Jessica - played by Darkdragon

- Lurker

- Made zero contributions to matters at hand

- Read - Scum

Prudence Jellison, teacher - played by Purpearljellyblob

- Read - Null

Damien Long, farmhand and son of Kimberly - played by Dannylonglegs

- Read - Null

Abigail Nelson, daughter of Drake and Jessica - played by Adam

- Read - Null

Molly Tennant, saloon dancer - played by mostlytechnic

- Read - Null

Kimberly Long, farmer and mother of Damien - played by Kristel

- Read - Null

Tony P. Russel, cardsharp - played by TinyPiesRUs

- Lurker

- Not proactive

- Read - 50/50

Patrick Devon, general store owner and husband of Liz - played by PirateDave

- Supported policy lynch, Lynch-all-lurkers when he's not active himself.

- Read - 50/50

Kenneth Emanuel, sheriff - played by KielDaMan

- Lurker

- Not proactive

- Read - 50/50

Sheridan Thompson, miner and daughter of Michael and Esther - played by Scubacarrot

- Claimed to be Town Scapegoat with no NA (so essentially a vanilla)

- Read - Null

Kane DeBois, snake oil salesman - played by Kadabra

- Lurker

- Ignorant

- Never answered questions

- Read - Scum

If I were to compile a scum/town/third party list based on Day 1,

Scum

Connie

Kane

Drake

Clay

Tristan

Carletta

Third party

Patrick

Town

Rest

For what is worth, I feel that I still have lots to contribute to the Town and I am not ready to go yet.

I have a 50/50 read on you, but I know I am Town. So I am taking the risk on this one.

It's funny that you call me an ignorant lurker who never answers questions when you're probably worse. It's incredibly stupid to have a list of reads that includes concrete "scum" on Day freaking One. Also, I would like you to point out exactly where I have been 'ignorant'? And whose questions I have not answered? I'd be happy to address them if there are any. I think the actual reason behind your vote on me is something along the lines of OMFGUS. And now you're fishing for an investigation on you, when we just talked about not publicly discussing PR plans? Now if the cop does check you the scum will for sure have a watcher or something if they have one on you, and one of our best PRs will be dead. A lot of people read you as confused Townie just because of how flail-y you are, but I'm going to stick with tentative scum because

A. A real Townie never softclaims (it only hurts the Town)

B. The flailing is a good way to cover up Scumminess ("his scum buddies would never let him post that" is one of the biggest reasons I've heard to not lynch a scummy person throughout my admittedly short mafia career, I would be surprised if scum didn't use the flailing=townie link to their advantage)

C. You're fishing for an investigation, which would leave our Cop vulnerable.

Final Vote Count

Caleb Norman (Captain Nemo) - 10 (Scubacarrot, Mencot, jamesn, Peanuts, Adam, LegoDad, Purpearljellyblob, Esurient, TinyPiesRUs, mostlytechnic)

Esther Thompson (Esurient) - 8 (Kadabra, CallMePie, Trumpetking, Darkdragon, TheBoyWonder, Captain Nemo, Clanure)

Beatrice Kingsley (Bob) - 1 (PirateDave84)

No vote - 1 (KielDaMan)

9151465075_4139937059_o.png

As the sun set, an angry mob formed before the newly built gallows, demanding Caleb Norman's head.

"Kill him!" yelled one voice

"Hang him!" yelled another

"Eat him!" screamed someone.

9153689302_f0153e8bc1_o.png

However, the drunkard was unfazed by the threats of cannibalism, as he was already passed out from alcohol poisoning.

9153710812_8e93bda342_o.png

Captain Minnow stepped down from atop the gallows to address the crowd. "Ah, I see you've reached a consensus. Good! It's good to see that everyone realizes how important it is to catch these murderers"

"So you've chosen the drunken veteran, Caleb Norman?" he continued, "Interesting choice."

9153688628_0164672d36_o.png

"However, he doesn't seem to be in very good shape for hanging..."

9153688302_cb9cc263c4_o.png

"Ah well, no matter. Cpl. Sutcliffe, if you will." he said with a nonchalant flick of his gloved hand.

9151463813_1086e82966_o.png

Without hesitation, Cpl. Daniel Sutcliffe fired a fatal shot into the bum's skull.

And that was the end of Caleb Norman (Captain Nemo).

9153687342_1bfe32133c_o.png

"Well, that's that." the Captain said with a slight smile. "Now, off to your homes, all of you. Night is befalling us..."

The Day is now over; this thread can be locked.

You have 24 hours to get your night actions in. The sooner you submit them, the sooner the next day will start.