Sign in to follow this  
Tamamono

Silver City Mafia: Day 1 - Once Upon a Time in the West

Wow, what a start to the day! I've been having to take care of the store because by P.O.S. husband drank the night away and left me with all the work. Anyway, I can see both sides of the coin here. Very ballsy for a Coyote to claim so early, but look how out in front he is, he must be Town!! WIFOM for sure. I'm 50/50 right now, as I'm definitely not going to defend someone that goes on a limb like that without ANY sort of confirmation. What does sort of bother me is:

Ugh. This is, like, SOOO annoying. I just bought this new pickaxe, it's, like, totally fab. Now, it's not like I care about you people or whatever, but I got to say something or whatever. I have this, like, role, or something. I thought about the best way to, like, deal with it, and I figured this is it, okay? Whatever. So apparantly I'm, like, the Village Scapegoat. Because some of you people, apparantly, don't like my attitude, or like, whatever, whenever I am investigated, and by the way, if you investigate me, You. Are. A. Creeeeeep. But anyway, ugh, when that like, happens, I turn up as a Coyote or whatever. Even though I am, like, totaaaaally part of the Village.

This. A pretty quick defense from another player town citizen. Why would someone defend so quickly, especially at a time when nobody else was defending? I've seen this before, it reeks of scum, too. We can go back and forth about the motives behind the claim, but a quick defense really bugs me.

Well, Boy Howdy, this here's a weird first post to be sure. :look: While I feel it's too early to make a behavior-informed decision as to your scummyness, I must say, this post certainly makes me more inclined to believe that you're a member of the Town than not. My reasoning is as follows.

A. This was the first post. It is extremely early. Scum, in my experience, benefit from meaningless prattle, since it's easier, and grants them more fodder for manipulating. You started the real game straight-off-the-bat. That's not something a scummo would do in my opinion.

B. Your Claim would be extremely ballsy for a scum to make. Too ballsy. This would be a very risky, unnecessary gambit for a scum to make--even for an experienced player like yourself who may be investigated sooner than later.

On the other hand, if this is a scum ploy, it affords you freedom from investigation and a claim. That said, the Town outweighs the Scum for me. I just can't imagine a scum would make such a drastic claim.

I will have more on Sheridan later but I have some questions for Drake,

1. I suppose you have intentionally reduced the font for the following words, "get a good look", in the confirmation and discussion topic. Why did you do that?

2. What does "get a good look" supposed to mean?

3. Are you trying to get PRs to claim to you?

Because right now I have a "Drake soft claimed PR before the start of the game" read on you.

:laugh: Such a pretty lady, but not so bright I see. Have you ever heard of a discreet whisper?

You know, I just want to meet all the fine ladies we have in town. I din't mean anything by it. I'd really rather not have any of the responsibility of any PR claims to me. It's enough work trying to keep this town running with the army trying to kill us all, or get us to kill each other, or whatever they are doing.

Ugh, yes Tristan the creep's thing about me and my Daddy being Coyotes seemed like, off to me as well or something. Not only is it like totally not fab, my Daddy is the best, he would never do something like that, and I'm innocent as well, of course. He seemed to make a weird jump in logic there. Because he wouldn't like, answer my question right away, we are both likely in that gang? That makes nooo sense. My Daddy's got a lot on his mind, he is like, the best miner in the whole area after all! And he also called us out for being like, affectionate or something with each other, HelloOo? He's my Daddy, remember?

Ha, that's funny. Last time I was in a situation similar to this one we have here, someone soft-defended someone else an the first day. He got called out for it but it was sort f dropped, and they both turned out scummy. So my question to you is: Why are you defending this guy on Day 1? You don't know his alignment so why are you stating that he would never be a Coyote?

I can't necessarily speak for our horny mayor, but this statement from Esther bugs me somehow:

I will have more on Sheridan later but I have some questions for Drake,

1. I suppose you have intentionally reduced the font for the following words, "get a good look", in the confirmation and discussion topic. Why did you do that?

2. What does "get a good look" supposed to mean?

Because right now I have a "Drake soft claimed PR before the start of the game" read on you.

And of course, she is referring to this statement of Mayor Nelson's:

Now now, ladies, don't you worry. We'll clean up this town quickly. In the meantime, come over here so I can get a good look protect you from this dark menace.

It seems innocuous to me, as I'm sure it did to most everyone else. It seems to me, Esther, that the mayor's post was a harmless bit of roleplay. Many of his posts give me the impression that he's something of a Casanova and I believe "get a good look" is meant to imply that he's checking out the squaws in our village. The text was reduced because he was speaking to himself.

Whoa, what?! *huh* Where in the hell do you get that?! I- just- how do you even jump to that anyway? Honestly, by the Great Spirits, please tell me where you would come to an assumption like that for anyone so early in the day.

Esther, this massive leap in logic makes you suspicious to me. I literally cannot imagine what would make you suspect that at this point.

No, seriously, can- can you help me out with this? It's only seven hours into the day and we have approximately no evidence. Where do you draw that conclusion from what the mayor said?

I- just- how? :wacko:

And why isn't anyone buying my furs? :hmpf_bad:

I can't necessarily speak for our horny mayor, but this statement from Esther bugs me somehow:

It seems innocuous to me, as I'm sure it did to most everyone else. It seems to me, Esther, that the mayor's post was a harmless bit of roleplay. Many of his posts give me the impression that he's something of a Casanova and I believe "get a good look" is meant to imply that he's checking out the squaws in our village. The text was reduced because he was speaking to himself.

Whoa, what?! *huh* Where in the hell do you get that?! I- just- how do you even jump to that anyway? Honestly, by the Great Spirits, please tell me where you would come to an assumption like that for anyone so early in the day.

Esther, this massive leap in logic makes you suspicious to me. I literally cannot imagine what would make you suspect that at this point.

No, seriously, can- can you help me out with this? It's only seven hours into the day and we have approximately no evidence. Where do you draw that conclusion from what the mayor said?

Wait, seriously? I have to agree with this. Calling a guy out on role playing and insinuating that it's a grab for PR claims is kind of wacky. Could you get in here and explain your thought process, because this is scummiest than pond water.

Ugh. This is, like, SOOO annoying. I just bought this new pickaxe, it's, like, totally fab. Now, it's not like I care about you people or whatever, but I got to say something or whatever. I have this, like, role, or something. I thought about the best way to, like, deal with it, and I figured this is it, okay? Whatever. So apparantly I'm, like, the Village Scapegoat. Because some of you people, apparantly, don't like my attitude, or like, whatever, whenever I am investigated, and by the way, if you investigate me, You. Are. A. Creeeeeep. But anyway, ugh, when that like, happens, I turn up as a Coyote or whatever. Even though I am, like, totaaaaally part of the Village.

Ugh. So, I don't know if you have noticed, but I am seeing some fairly interesting things among the people's opinions about this or whatever, early on it seemed like a few people were trying to get me to be lynched since there was that air around, and then later there were some sudden switches in viewpoints or whatever. It could be like, nothing, but it could also be like, something. I don't want people to like, be able to hide while the town discusses things or something. So whatever, I think like, asking people their specific viewpoints about something is a like, a totally fab thing to do.

I do not like, knooow for like a 100% percent. But I am the Village Scapegoat, so I like, imagine I'd turn up Village, or whatever.

Please name the people who tried to get you lynched and why.

Also please name the people you think had "some sudden switches on viewpoint" and why.

It will help on my read on you.

Ugh, yes Tristan the creep's thing about me and my Daddy being Coyotes seemed like, off to me as well or something. Not only is it like totally not fab, my Daddy is the best, he would never do something like that, and I'm innocent as well, of course. He seemed to make a weird jump in logic there. Because he wouldn't like, answer my question right away, we are both likely in that gang? That makes nooo sense. My Daddy's got a lot on his mind, he is like, the best miner in the whole area after all! And he also called us out for being like, affectionate or something with each other, HelloOo? He's my Daddy, remember?

You said Tristan is onto you, why is it off to you? Reasons/quotes please.

And Sheridan, why are you defending Michael?

So far Michael has only made these posts,

Oh hell what start to the day, hanging you say?

This gonna be a long day

Hey boy whats you tal´ng bout? Lets get to work and stop rambling like a fool, we will talk bout this at home

The truth is Sheridan, I will protect you and momma. And we will work together to find these creeps.

I believe you lassy.

Ofcourse how you put this out does feel strange but I don't think this is a trick. Wouldn't it be a too obvious attempt?

Not from ,y girl, ya hear!

As far as I am reading Michael's posts, there seemed to be no intentions to scum hunt. All fillers I would say.

Sheridan, of all the 15+ posts you have made, you are mostly defending yourself and posting fillers. You named Tristan as suspicious without much justification and you defended Michael for... (not doing anything). :look:

:laugh: Such a pretty lady, but not so bright I see. Have you ever heard of a discreet whisper?

You know, I just want to meet all the fine ladies we have in town. I din't mean anything by it. I'd really rather not have any of the responsibility of any PR claims to me. It's enough work trying to keep this town running with the army trying to kill us all, or get us to kill each other, or whatever they are doing.

Who are you directing the whispers to? Drake?

I take all posts seriously, it is the reduced font size that caught my attention, and I am trying to find out the reasons for that.

Why are you speaking up for the Mayor when you think the Mayor is roleplaying?

FYI, the Mayor hasn't appeared to scum hunt. It makes you even more suspicious when you are speaking up for him.

What do you think of Sheridan defending Michael?

What do you think of Damien defending Sheridan?

Esther, while I'm not defending our Mayor for his apparent lack of respect for women, his remark was obviously an aside, meant for our humor, and possibly to catch some strange in the process :laugh:. Really appear to be grasping at straws right now, though I understand we have little to go on today. That particular remark did nothing for my scum-dar.

Where do/did you see me push for a lynch?

I was curious to see how it would work should she die; the reason being that if we know how she would turn out when killed would disable scum's ability to use that to their advantage and enable us to assess behaviour based on supporter/detractor of her.

The way you phrased it looked like a sly lynch suggestion.

If you're gonna suspect every lady who rubs up to Poppa then you're gonna be suspicious of every floozy in town... :hmpf_bad: Why does she set you on edge, Momma? I don't like it when people just throw accusations into the air without givin' us a reason to catch them.

Just a kind of... stating the facts and not much else about Sheridan's claim early in the day. Gut feeling, nothing substantial to it.

And yes, Esther, what my darling (sleazy, two-timing) husband said was what he said. Nothing special or suspicious about it, especially since it was in the Confirmation thread.

Who are you directing the whispers to? Drake?

Myself...I think you are missing the whole point.

I take all posts seriously, it is the reduced font size that caught my attention, and I am trying to find out the reasons for that.

FYI, the Mayor hasn't appeared to scum hunt. It makes you even more suspicious when you are speaking up for him.

Not everyone has to blab nonsense and start accusing people every moment of the day to be hunting. Some of us read and come to our conclusions. It's only been a few hours. I don't even have any solid theories to give right now, but if I did, I don't think I'll be sharing them with you. I don't trust you one little bit at this point.

The way you phrased it looked like a sly lynch suggestion.

Granted that my original comment on the matter could imply a lynch, it was never my intention. I think my subsequent posts made it clear that my opinion on the matter is that Sheridan may very well be town .

I am not discouraging people from scrutinizing her but as others have pointed out, we have just about circled the subject now and it may be a good time to start looking elsewhere. I find that people who are constantly putting pressure on Sheridan may be doing so to ensure the focus remains on an innocent, no?

Pretty sure Mayor Nelson and I both separately explained it to you. And seriously, all posts? Even ones made in the C&D thread? Even ones made in the C&D thread before the game started?

Why are you speaking up for the Mayor when you think the Mayor is roleplaying?

I do think he's roleplaying, but I am speaking up more for the benefit of the town at large. You seem to have grossly misconstrued the Mayor's words and in the process you pulled off some baffling Olympic-level conclusion jumping. I find it suspicious that you automatically go for PR fishing as an explanation and I am trying to get a clear explanation for it. By speaking up, I like to think I am bringing potentially scummy behaviour to the attention of the town.

I, uh, I don't know what exactly this has to do with the conversation regarding the Mayor, but... okay.

I can see where Sheridan and Michael defending each other might be a clumsy attempt at roleplaying, but I can't say I've observed enough of Damien at this point to opine on him. I'll have to reread some of his posts.

This kind of seems like an attempt to distract from the matter at hand. :look:

Wow, what a start to the day! I've been having to take care of the store because by P.O.S. husband drank the night away and left me with all the work. Anyway, I can see both sides of the coin here. Very ballsy for a Coyote to claim so early, but look how out in front he is, he must be Town!! WIFOM for sure. I'm 50/50 right now, as I'm definitely not going to defend someone that goes on a limb like that without ANY sort of confirmation. What does sort of bother me is:

This. A pretty quick defense from another player town citizen. Why would someone defend so quickly, especially at a time when nobody else was defending? I've seen this before, it reeks of scum, too. We can go back and forth about the motives behind the claim, but a quick defense really bugs me.

Well, I was just stating my honest opinions on the matter along with everyone else. I read Sheridan's post and tried to analyze it and couldn't see why a scum would make such a bold move, and posted my thoughts. It's how I think.

Not really helping. If you provide some possibilities, you need some analysis. The first two possibilities make sense, the third one not, and the last one is really unlikely.

Also, why are people who claim early scum?

How is the fourth option unlikely ? If he is a third party with a win condition where certain events have to happen for him to win, he might already begin to set them into motion.

How is the fourth option unlikely ? If he is a third party with a win condition where certain events have to happen for him to win, he might already begin to set them into motion.

The Amazing Carletta Emilia Maria Roberta Consuela Rosalina Puerta thinks you're being paranoid. What third party role could Sheridan possibly have to cause her to claim something so bold without being sure of everyone's reaction, she asks?

Well what da ya know, people are busy early scum-hunting eh? Sorry I woke up quite late, I actually read heard Sheridan's bold claim at the start of the day but I was too sleepy back then to comment and I really had to go to bed. I think it was a bit odd for someone to make that sort of claim on the very first instance he/she gets to speak. I'm 50/50 on this claim - and I always want to give people the benefit of the doubt even if you all ain't trustworthy to me. Sheridan may be a bit pushy getting the reactions of the people to her claim, but I could see the good intention of trying to encourage people to talk and gauge their reactions.

I don't think this claim will make anyone trust her completely though. No one should claim to her.

I trust in our Town PRs that they wouldn't easily trust Sheridan. While there are surprisingly easy-to-trust townsfolks like those Mafia Mafia Villagers on the other side of the town, I'm hoping our fellow Villagers will be more cautious than those people.

Sheridan's claim may have made some of our townsfolk feel uneasy but IMO we need not worry about her as long as she doesn't get critical town information (those pertaining to PRs) this early. Granted she's telling the truth about her claim that she will have a Coyote reading when investigated (so any investigation on her wouldn't clear her), but there are still other ways to verify her like tracking/watching her at night if we have those PRs. So let's not worry about her at the moment, at the very least her claim got people talking and that's always good for the town.

Oh! What a day at school! Those kids... are really a handful bunch :wacko:

So you claimed town scapegoat.. so I should expect to see townie behaviour coming from you? It is interesting to see how people react to Sheridan's claim. Maybe we can start from there.

I...I think even if I wasn't drunk I still wouldn't understand yer words...

Anywho! This is a bad problem we've got here, and I don't think it'll get better unless we all take a couple of gulps and work this out after our hangovers. I think, you know, that as a town the hangings is a bad thing, but we need to find dem Coyotes (Or is it Coyoties?). Anywho, you all know I'm one with the town, and I think my lack of depth-perception and primary foot rule me out as the head-chopper-off-er. Well if you need me I'll be in the bar er whatever I normally do...can't remember that to well.

Sorry, I don't know that you are town, even though you said you are, I am not convinced.

Hey! People like my dancing--and they like it because it's free! Ain't nobody want to pay you a quater to watch a dance!

Even in my wasted state I can get your point. But I'm also not drunk enough to thinks of other reasons for it. A scum who makes a claim like this so early is not riskin the other scum, only herself, since we ain't got no leads to 'em! She's riskin 'er life, but she could be sneakin by to make a fool of us. Maybe she is a Coyote making this claim so we'll not be alarmed of her alliegence. If we trust her, then we could done have a Coyote sneakin into our town maters. I think when it comes to murder, a Coyote is alrealy use to taking risks!

I don't see what scum has to benefit by laying all their cards down on the table first thing, first post on Day 1.

I don't not really trust her claim, but there's not really not good reason not to with the logic used by other townsmen. I do know, even in me drunky state, that she regardless seem less trustful then others, simply because of all the suspicious nature behind her words, which seem very hard to make out some times; like you know. Wait a second, that was too logical of a comment! I need more booze quickly!

Can you point out to me where you find Sheridan's claim and words suspicious? Maybe the town can discuss it through?

First, Caleb, quit yar dancin. Nobody, and i do mean nobody, wants to see that. Why should they, when they can be watchin me?

Second.... That role claim. I guess Sheridan is a silly little girl. But why not wait? Well, why wait? If she got investigated and came up scummy, like the good people of this town would believe the claim then. Of course, we don't believe her now either....

Dang, having to use this telegraph thingy is slowing me way the heck down. I started my last message right after sheridans post. Have to say, yeah, I think that girl is probably OK. Not sure, but probably. Too bad she's too young to come dance...

Caleb, get thee to the saloon post-haste and get thee drunkerer.

As for Sheridan, I don't see a need to put the noose on her just yet. I think the claim was too bold for those scummos, but I also don't think she's verified as trustworthy yet - as is no one here.

First you think Sheridan is scummy then townie then you sit on the fence, so what is your view on Sheridan now?

Claiming? Already? How should we know we should believe you when the only thing you've done is claim? It's an odd thing to claim, but it sounds like you're trying to give an excuse in case you're investigated. Seeing how quick and early you're claiming unsettles me a bit.

Sheridan, this seems a little convenient, don't you think. You're very quickly coming out saying you're town, but you investigate as scum. Seeing how quick you came out with it, it sounds as a quick cover-up in case you're investigated.

What you should have done if you're telling the truth, was try to find a scum, claim to them, and tell them you were a traitor. You'd know the scum team, and you could help us. The fact that you're claiming, especially this early, for the reasons above, still worries me.

I am thinking this through. I'm finding your claim a little hard to believe. It just seems a little too convenient. For now, though, I'll choose to believe you. Your recent explanation seems to show your thought process a bit better, to me, and I feel like you're more likely to be telling the truth the more I look at it. That doesn't mean I won't be watching out for you, though. I've got my eyes on you. :oh:

Perry, that's true. In past situations, the traitor was given one member of the scum, and the other scum could easily drop that claim. Sheridan is likely telling the truth, the more I think about it.

Boris, I'm thinking if Sheridan was scum she might have thought this through a little bit more. Don't you think she would have thought it would have been dismissed as false quickly. There's a lot of risks to this, and why would a scum claim something that would be quickly deemed false? I know it completely contradicts my original thoughts, but it's how I'm starting to feel. I'm starting to think it would be a really stupid scum claim.

Sheridan, I think you're more likely to be town, but your claim is still a little fishy to me. There's always that little chance that you're scum.

I believe Sheridan said she'd come up Coyote on investigation, but is really aligned with the Village. That means she'd come up as Village if killed or lynched. The only way to test this is obviously to kill or lynch her. The good side about lynching her is that there'd be no later confusion surrounding her and her affiliation. The downside would be that we would be risking the loss of a townie.

I think Sheridan could have gone without claiming. However, somethin' else has come up yonder that makes me feel like There's some fishy bizness goin' on 'round these parts. Notice how Sheridan's dad came in? I know he's her father and all, but it just seemed weird. Saying you'll protect her may be a bad role-playing attempt, but the way you didn't even answer her original requests, just to say you'll protect her makes me wonder if you two have something with each other other than family relations.

Actually, Sherri's claim wasn't necessary, but it was justified.

I am actually confused. So you are saying Sheridan is a townie but you find Michael and her buddying up suspicious? To me I think Michael is buddying up to Sheridan for whatever reasons, and I would like Michael to clarify that. I took into account that he was roleplaying and all but if that were the only posts he made then it warrants an explanation.

I mentioned Michael buddying and Sheridan defending him earlier. Please talk, you two.

So. This is like totally obvious, but okay. So as you all know, Michael is like my Daddy (love you, daddy. :wub: ) And I like love him, so that's why I make the statementsthat I make, okay. There's like, no, other reason for it, or whatever. If you can't understand that, then that is bad for you, but whatever. Ugh. Just to be like a total downer, I'm like, not defending Daddy, but I like, couldn't believe if he was scum, or whatever.

Look. Roleplaying. Look through it out, people. :hmpf_bad:

Please name the people who tried to get you lynched and why.

Also please name the people you think had "some sudden switches on viewpoint" and why.

It will help on my read on you.

You said Tristan is onto you, why is it off to you? Reasons/quotes please.

Sheridan, of all the 15+ posts you have made, you are mostly defending yourself and posting fillers. You named Tristan as suspicious without much justification and you defended Michael for... (not doing anything). :look:

At the beginning, like Tristan, Molly and to like, a certain degree Jessica were all like, you're not fab, they could have been like, trying to get a quick lynch, or whatever.

The ones that changed their opinion drastically are Tristan, Molly, Boris to like, some extent. You could have like, all read this for yourself or like whatever. I don't know about you but my time is like, limited or whatever. So if people keep asking me like, the same questions or something, I can't do much else. Ugh. But, I think like the reactions about what people think about the claim are like helpful, you don't have to agree, but you would be like, totally wrong. Whatever.

Tristan stated that like, it seemed to him like my Daddy was like, protecting me, and not answering my questions, and that that makes us like, gangmembers. That's a faulty jump in like, logic or whatever. Not answering my questions or whatever could be a Coyote thing. That doesn't like, involve me, quite the opposite I think, if he'd go out of his way not to anwer MY questions. Understand my like, suspicion for Tristan now or whatever?

While we're discussing roles.... is the "scapegoat" being claimed the same as the "miller" role used outside Silver City? http://wiki.mafiascu...hp?title=Miller Sure seems like the same thing, and if so, looks like the immediate claim is a very common reaction to the role. Doesn't really help us decide whether (or when) to test the claim though...

It's like, the same thing, yeah.

I understand roleplaying but it is getting hard to understand your posts and to distinguish roleplaying from actual content from you. When you make a whole post (supposedly roleplaying) dedicated entirely to how .michael couldn't be scum, it looks like a defense. Now I seems like you're back pedaling, any chance you could reduce the roleplaying levels any time soon? I'd love to be able to read what you post without being hopelessly confused,

When you make a whole post (supposedly roleplaying) dedicated entirely to how .michael couldn't be scum, it looks like a defense.

I never like, did that. So... Why are you trying to create like, confusion or whatever?

Esther, I don't believe that you've explained your rather crazy jump in theories. I'm unsure where you got that idea, but please enlighten us.

Sheridan, I apologize, I hadn't seen your questions. They appear to be a page back in this journal, I will be back shortly.

I did say it was possible to be role-playing, but it was possible that he was buddying up with you. It's not like it isn't possible. I called you out for being affectionate because it looked like your father was defending you quickly without answering anything. Though you are role playing, in all fairness, you are saying your father can't be scum. You just did here. You even called your father out for not answering your question directly, so I have a hard time seeing why you're calling me out for that as you did above. It was a little thing that I noticed, and thought should be discussed. Are there any questions that you have?

So. This is like totally obvious, but okay. So as you all know, Michael is like my Daddy (love you, daddy. :wub: ) And I like love him, so that's why I make the statementsthat I make, okay. There's like, no, other reason for it, or whatever. If you can't understand that, then that is bad for you, but whatever. Ugh. Just to be like a total downer, I'm like, not defending Daddy, but I like, couldn't believe if he was scum, or whatever. Look. Roleplaying. Look through it out, people. :hmpf_bad:At the beginning, like Tristan, Molly and to like, a certain degree Jessica were all like, you're not fab, they could have been like, trying to get a quick lynch, or whatever. The ones that changed their opinion drastically are Tristan, Molly, Boris to like, some extent. You could have like, all read this for yourself or like whatever. I don't know about you but my time is like, limited or whatever. So if people keep asking me like, the same questions or something, I can't do much else. Ugh. But, I think like the reactions about what people think about the claim are like helpful, you don't have to agree, but you would be like, totally wrong. Whatever. Tristan stated that like, it seemed to him like my Daddy was like, protecting me, and not answering my questions, and that that makes us like, gangmembers. That's a faulty jump in like, logic or whatever. Not answering my questions or whatever could be a Coyote thing. That doesn't like, involve me, quite the opposite I think, if he'd go out of his way not to anwer MY questions. Understand my like, suspicion for Tristan now or whatever? It's like, the same thing, yeah.

Thanks, my child.

I will take a closer look at the posts made by

Tristan

Molly

Jessica

Boris

Esther, I don't believe that you've explained your rather crazy jump in theories. I'm unsure where you got that idea, but please enlighten us. Sheridan, I apologize, I hadn't seen your questions. They appear to be a page back in this journal, I will be back shortly.

This caught my attention,

Now now, ladies, don't you worry. We'll clean up this town quickly. In the meantime, come over here so I can get a good look protect you from this dark menace.

What does "get a good look" mean to you if Drake isn't role playing? Rhetorical question.

By the way, Drake had already clarified that was just roleplaying and I am not going to pursue those fonts that had been intentionally reduced.

Pretty sure Mayor Nelson and I both separately explained it to you. And seriously, all posts? Even ones made in the C&D thread? Even ones made in the C&D thread before the game started? I do think he's roleplaying, but I am speaking up more for the benefit of the town at large. You seem to have grossly misconstrued the Mayor's words and in the process you pulled off some baffling Olympic-level conclusion jumping. I find it suspicious that you automatically go for PR fishing as an explanation and I am trying to get a clear explanation for it. By speaking up, I like to think I am bringing potentially scummy behaviour to the attention of the town. I, uh, I don't know what exactly this has to do with the conversation regarding the Mayor, but... okay. I can see where Sheridan and Michael defending each other might be a clumsy attempt at roleplaying, but I can't say I've observed enough of Damien at this point to opine on him. I'll have to reread some of his posts. This kind of seems like an attempt to distract from the matter at hand. :look:

I am pretty sure you are tunnelling right now, that is why I am helping you by asking for your opinions on other people. There are about close to a hundred posts and there is no reason to not find something to talk about. You know, there are people who wants Sheridan lynched and what not, plenty to analyse.

I'm not sure where everyone's getting the idea that what Sheridan did was too ballsy for a Coyote. There's no way to verify her claim, so a scum doesn't really have anything to lose by making such a claim. Sheridan knows full well that claiming miller isn't enough to get her lynched on its own.That is not to say that I believe she is scum, just that it's not any more ballsy for Sheridan to claim miller as a scum than as a townie. It is too early to tell whether or not she's a townie, and her miller claim doesn't really swing things one way or the other.

The Magnificent Carletta Emilia Maria Roberta Consuela Puerta is exactly right; we've WIFOMed the scapegoat claim enough and we should probably give her a break for a moment. Let an investigator or watcher or tracker keep an eye on Sheridan or something.

Keep the investigator on her? :wacko: What purpose could that possibly serve?

Keep the investigator on her? :wacko: What purpose could that possibly serve?

Ugh. I have to like, agree with this. The main reason I like, claimed immediately is so that the investigator will not waste his time/think he caught like, a Coyote with me or whatever.

First you think Sheridan is scummy then townie then you sit on the fence, so what is your view on Sheridan now?

Naw, I think I was pretty much on the fence the whole dang time. My first post I said why wait, why not wait? The claim can't be verified at this time, likely never, so there's not a ton we can discuss and decide. Her loyalties will have to be found other ways, like voting records and so forth, like anyone else. During my dancing breaks I did a little diggin' to learn more about the role and found that an immediate claim is a very common way that good people of other towns handled being scapegoats. But like Tony up there said, there's also not much downside to a gutsy scummo claiming either. It's not hugely likely for such claims to be tested via death - considering we don't know if the great and wise Captain Minnow there even turned anyone into a scapegoat. Maybe Sheridan's telling the whole truth like a proper young lady should, and maybe she's a dastardly scheming conniving scummy gang member. There's just no way to know yet and that's why I've been on the fence. If I were a scapegoat, I'd probably have done the same thing. Makes me lean maybe 51% townread on her. That's about all I think we can get from the topic at this point.