Sign in to follow this  
Tamamono

Silver City Mafia: Day 1 - Once Upon a Time in the West

Players only please!

Wednesday, June 23rd, 1880

Silver City, AZ

After my squad discovered the body of Brandon Rutherford (as he has since been identified) on Sunday morning, we rode into town and, with permission from Mayor Nelson, began work on a project in town square, claiming that it was something important for the fort. For obvious reasons, we were unable to inform the good mayor of our true intentions with the project - to build a gallows sufficient for executing the murderer(s).

As this is a journal for my eyes and my eyes only, I don't intend to beat around the bush any longer - I plan to systematically execute everyone in this town until the killer has been stopped. I realize that what I am doing is in violation of several codes of the United States Army, but it is my duty as the commanding officer of the Fort Silver (as I plan on naming it) to protect the fort and the residents of the neighboring city. There are no telegraph stations around here, and I'm not about to wait 6 weeks for President Hayes to allow me to declare martial law here. These killers are still on the loose, and we can't afford to have them butchering everyone in town. After all, without a good civilian population, how would our new fort survive?

Obviously, this journal and any other accounts of what will inevitably be taking place here can not be released in any way, and I will be properly disposing of it once this ordeal has ended.

7381746522_4e89b2c30c_o.png

Wednesday, June 23rd,

Noon

9127985078_45b8d6880e_o.png

9125765235_bf3257af43_o.png

Standing atop the newly built scaffold, Captain Minnow looks up at the sun above Silver City. Does it always beat down this ferociously?

9127983796_0678d66c8a_o.png

The confused citizens of Silver City stand in the middle of the square, looking on at the gigantic messenger of death standing now before the saloon. None of them have any idea what's about to befall them and their beautiful town.

For the most part, it's just another normal day to them. Everyone's going about their business like nothing's wrong.

9127983936_552dfea253_o.png

Tristan Kingsley attempts to pickpocket Mr. Devon while his aunt looks away obliviously.

9127983076_05b04cf8b7_o.png

Caleb Norman's already drunk enough to be doing his "Peg-leg Jig". Poor Molly Tennant has never quite gotten used to seeing the old kook try to dance.

9127982640_09f5b95f63_o.png

Kane DeBois tries to peddle his newest "invention" to Connie Radford, who is approximately 200% done with his shit.

After several minutes of this tomfoolery, the Captain (who had, until this point, been silent) boomed out, "Quiet! Everybody settle down and listen!"

9125763483_fcde72f5da_o.png

"People of Silver City! You are undoubtedly questioning why I called you all here on this fine summer day. Regretfully, it is not for recreation, nor for celebration."

"Several days ago, two soldiers from my squad found Mayor Nelson's secretary - Brandon Rutherford - in Plata Canyon. He was dead; his head had been removed and his body pushed haphazardly into the canyon."

"We have reason to believe that his murderer is currently in Silver City. Obviously, with the construction of Fort Silver soon to be underway, we cannot afford to have someone so sick running around beheading everyone. Whether this crime was carried out in a moment of anger or the result of some sick bloodlust is not an issue. The United States Army does not approve of blatant murder, and this issue will be dealt with accordingly."

9127982940_8b9d16e701_o.png

"Now, I know nothing about any of you - you're all complete strangers to me. Without access to your files in Phoenix, I have absolutely no clue who would, could, or in this case, did commit murder. So, we're going to try something different to take care of our murderer. You're all going to be part of a little social experiment."

"We're going to be putting it to a vote. Each day, everyone may vote for the person whom they believe is the murderer. At the end of the day, the person with the most votes will be sentenced to death by hanging."

9127981686_17833aa011_o.png

"Now you wait just a goddamn minute, buddy!", yells Kenneth Emanuel, Silver City's impulsive sheriff. "Y'all might have some fancy army clothes, but this here's my town! You can't kill people jus' cause' you're suspicious of 'em in my town"

9127981078_ac85274930_o.png

Emanuel finishes his last sentence by pulling out a revolver.

"Now, I don't know anything about these murdererin' scummos, but hanging erry'one in town until you find 'em ain't gonna fly here!"

9127981568_9e6caa892a_o.png

Unfazed by the man's outburst, Cpl. Sutcliffe and Pvt. Stark raise their rifles to him.

9125761059_6f545eaf3c_o.png

Raising his sabre, Captain Minnow begins to laugh. "Ahaha, do you seriously think you can scare off an army squad with a 6-shot revolver? It seems even the adults in Silver City are no better than children."

"Now, unless you'd like to be our first convict, good sheriff, I'd suggest you put the gun down."

9125761581_b4ecb9b5d2_o.png

Although impulsive, Sheriff Emanuel isn't stupid. Seeing that he'd lost, he lowered his gun, gritting his teeth.

"Y'all are gonna destroy this town if y'all go through with your plan!"

9127979718_def3c335de_o.png

"That's perfectly fine with me", replies the Captain. "A broken town full of the good is better than a whole town infested with evil."

Please note that any story elements, whether it be journal entries, pictures, or dialogue, do not contain clues as to anyone's affiliation, or to any game mechanics. The story is simply for enriching everyone's game experience. This will only be said once.

The Living (in no particular order)

9080893438_540143c5b3_o.png Captain Thomas A. Minnow - Not played by Tamamono

9080892068_e5bb820696_o.png Corporal Daniel Sutcliffe - NPC

9080893228_17f9ab4222_o.png Private Arthur Stark - NPC

9040603555_30a3f4179f_o.png Caleb Norman, drunkard - played by Captain Nemo

9042888960_8291c3155c_o.png Liz Devon, wife of Patrick - played by LegoDad

9042994908_b9de845357_o.png Connie Radford, rancher and wife of Zachary - played by Clanure

9042823538_1d1b22afdf_o.png Boris Wheeler, lawyer - played by TheBoyWonder

9040822363_a1534f03bc_o.png Perry Nathan, baker - played by Peanuts

9042883484_3a3e5a1c29_o.png Beatrice Kingsley, bartender and aunt of Tristan - played by Bob

9043059604_00501e371b_o.png Carletta Maria Puerta, fortune teller - played by CallMePie

9040800247_6388d2a365_o.png Michael Thompson, miner, father of Sheridan and husband of Esther - played by Mencot

9040830261_dea05a378a_o.png Tristan Kingsley, stableboy and nephew of Beatrice - played by Trumpetking

9042818992_3deee9ab65_o.png Clay Redfeather, fur trapper - played by Capt. Redblade

9042892378_e0465c96b0_o.png Jessica Nelson, wife of Drake and mother of Abigail - played by jamesn

9040624847_152570ca2c_o.png Zachary Radford, rancher and husband of Connie - played by Zakura

9040802689_bb7e7bda67_o.png Esther Thompson, wife of Michael and mother of Sheridan - played by Esurient

9042846870_7f27c15a80_o.png Drake D. Nelson, mayor of Silver City and husband of Jessica - played by Darkdragon

9040672667_50764f2dfe_o.png Prudence Jellison, teacher - played by Purpearljellyblob

9042846890_1f65b475cf_o.png Damien Long, farmhand and son of Kimberly - played by Dannylonglegs

9040805633_ddebb9d3a6_o.png Abigail Nelson, daughter of Drake and Jessica - played by Adam

9043017384_e455c1b788_o.png Molly Tennant, saloon dancer - played by mostlytechnic

9042891542_696532ea10_o.png Kimberly Long, farmer and mother of Damien - played by Kristel

9042846738_cd6c7e1a8d_o.png Tony P. Russel, cardsharp - played by TinyPiesRUs

9040601813_ba0c7a5b98_o.png Patrick Devon, general store owner and husband of Liz - played by PirateDave

9042817674_47d0e1d5fc_o.png Kenneth Emanuel, sheriff - played by KielDaMan

9043049178_3c77b0218e_o.png Sheridan Thompson, miner and daughter of Michael and Esther - played by Scubacarrot

9043041612_f7f5e87fe5_o.png Kane DeBois, snake oil salesman - played by Kadabra

The Deceased:

9126183325_f5233be558_o.png Brandon Rutherford, secretary - NPC, Killed Night 0

Reserves:

fhomess

def

The Rules

1. Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the Village or the Red Coyote Gang. To win the game, the Village must kill off all non-Villagers, while the Coyotes must outnumber the Village. Third-Party (Independent) characters have their own win conditions as outlined in their roles.

2. Each day you will be able to vote to lynch a player. Voting should be done in the following format; Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character (Player). Proxy voting is allowed, and must be presented in the following format;Proxy: Character (Player). Unproxying is to be presented in this format; Unproxy: Character (Player) No other format will be accepted. At the end of the day, the player with the most votes will be lynched. In the case of a tie, the first to achieve their vote count will be lynched. Voting each day is mandatory. Failure to vote will incur a vote penalty the next day. If no one is lynched when the end of a game day comes around, someone will be chosen and killed at random.

3. A game day will last a maximum of 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. After the day has concluded, a night stage will commence, which will last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to me within the first 24 hours of the night stage. Late night actions will not be accepted.

4. The alignment of dead players will be revealed the morning after they die. For example, Player A dies during Night 1, so his affiliation is revealed on Day 2. However, the affiliation of a player lynched on Day 1 will not be revealed until the morning of Day 2.

5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to you by the game host or other players via PM. This includes all the details of your character, role, conversations, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.

6. Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.

7. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on.

8. You may not edit your posts.

9. You must post in every day thread.

10. Violation of the above rules will result in a penalty vote against you for every 5 players still alive on your first offense, and your removal from the game on your second offense. Modkills will not be occurring this game.

If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact me via PM.

Ugh. This is, like, SOOO annoying. I just bought this new pickaxe, it's, like, totally fab. Now, it's not like I care about you people or whatever, but I got to say something or whatever. I have this, like, role, or something. I thought about the best way to, like, deal with it, and I figured this is it, okay? Whatever. So apparantly I'm, like, the Village Scapegoat. Because some of you people, apparantly, don't like my attitude, or like, whatever, whenever I am investigated, and by the way, if you investigate me, You. Are. A. Creeeeeep. But anyway, ugh, when that like, happens, I turn up as a Coyote or whatever. Even though I am, like, totaaaaally part of the Village.

Claiming? Already? How should we know we should believe you when the only thing you've done is claim? It's an odd thing to claim, but it sounds like you're trying to give an excuse in case you're investigated. Seeing how quick and early you're claiming unsettles me a bit.

Ugh. This is, like, SOOO annoying...

I...I think even if I wasn't drunk I still wouldn't understand yer words...

Anywho! This is a bad problem we've got here, and I don't think it'll get better unless we all take a couple of gulps and work this out after our hangovers. I think, you know, that as a town the hangings is a bad thing, but we need to find dem Coyotes (Or is it Coyoties?). Anywho, you all know I'm one with the town, and I think my lack of depth-perception and primary foot rule me out as the head-chopper-off-er. Well if you need me I'll be in the bar er whatever I normally do...can't remember that to well.

TRISTAN! LEAVE MY WALLET ALONE! GIVE IT BACK!

It has not even been 15 minutes and we have a claim. I cannot conceive that claiming such a role, without provocation, this early would be a lie or a ploy. Sheridan why is it exactly that you decided to claim this early?

Ugh. So, like, put yourself, in my place, or, like try to, if you can, whatever. What would you, like do, or whatever? If I wouldn't have done this, I would like, have a chance to hurt like this town or whatever. Not that I like, care about you people or whatever. If I kept quiet now, and I was like investigated by some creepy guy, a whole day could be like wasted, since like, you'd think that you would have found a Coyote or whatever. I did like, think, about schemes to exploit this, like make, the Coyotes like think I was like a separated member of them or whatever, but I figured it would have more chances to mess things up for the Village or something. That would be like, TOTALLY, not fab. I figured right away would be like the best way to bring it forward or something, so it's sure I wasn't like, hiding something or whatever.

What? What!? Captain, this is not what you told me you were building. How dare you threaten my town with hangings! Ungh, all those guns...I guess there's no stopping you now.

Well, if we can just focus on finding the killer quickly, I think save as many of us as possible. What good is the town if we are all hanged?

Sheridan honey, maybe if you wore something a bit more ladylike, the boys wouldn't pick on you so much.... I didn't realize you were a woman until you spoke.

*cough*

I mean, where is my darling wife?

Maybe it is a scum strategy, but would a scum put himself or herself out in the open so soon by claiming to be the scapegoat? Looks like I'll be having a plate full of WIFOM for lunch... Say, let's go to the saloon to have some food and whiskey.

Caleb, what do you think about Sheridan's claim?

Sheridan, why not just look for scum and not get on the local creepy guy's bad side? This sounds like an excuse for future scummy behaviour.

I'm right here, Drake. Why don't we drive around town and get out of the sun?

Sheridan honey, maybe if you wore something a bit more ladylike, the boys wouldn't pick on you so much.... I didn't realize you were a woman until you spoke.

Ugh. You are like, such a creeper. I'd have you know that any boys that pick on me get a pickaxe through their foot, from me, or like, from my daddy. :sweet:Creep. And I'm like totally planning on helping catch the Coyotes as much as I can, okay, what makes you think I'm like, not?

Oh, there you are dear. This sun is awefully hot today. I thought with all the clouds it might help, but there seems to be no shade at all!

Hmm. You do look rather warm in that beautiful dress...

Ugh. You are like, such a creeper. I'd have you know that any boys that pick on me get a pickaxe through their foot, from me, or like, from my daddy. :sweet:Creep. And I'm like totally planning on helping catch the Coyotes as much as I can, okay, what makes you think I'm like, not?

Whao there lass! No need to get all defensive. Please put that pickaxe down, I didn't mean no harm. You know those things are very dangerous. Who said you aren't here to help? I never said that.

Ugh. This is, like, SOOO annoying. I just bought this new pickaxe, it's, like, totally fab. Now, it's not like I care about you people or whatever, but I got to say something or whatever. I have this, like, role, or something. I thought about the best way to, like, deal with it, and I figured this is it, okay? Whatever. So apparantly I'm, like, the Village Scapegoat. Because some of you people, apparantly, don't like my attitude, or like, whatever, whenever I am investigated, and by the way, if you investigate me, You. Are. A. Creeeeeep. But anyway, ugh, when that like, happens, I turn up as a Coyote or whatever. Even though I am, like, totaaaaally part of the Village.

Well, Boy Howdy, this here's a weird first post to be sure. :look: While I feel it's too early to make a behavior-informed decision as to your scummyness, I must say, this post certainly makes me more inclined to believe that you're a member of the Town than not. My reasoning is as follows.

A. This was the first post. It is extremely early. Scum, in my experience, benefit from meaningless prattle, since it's easier, and grants them more fodder for manipulating. You started the real game straight-off-the-bat. That's not something a scummo would do in my opinion.

B. Your Claim would be extremely ballsy for a scum to make. Too ballsy. This would be a very risky, unnecessary gambit for a scum to make--even for an experienced player like yourself who may be investigated sooner than later.

On the other hand, if this is a scum ploy, it affords you freedom from investigation and a claim. That said, the Town outweighs the Scum for me. I just can't imagine a scum would make such a drastic claim.

Sheridan, this seems a little convenient, don't you think. You're very quickly coming out saying you're town, but you investigate as scum. Seeing how quick you came out with it, it sounds as a quick cover-up in case you're investigated.

What you should have done if you're telling the truth, was try to find a scum, claim to them, and tell them you were a traitor. You'd know the scum team, and you could help us. The fact that you're claiming, especially this early, for the reasons above, still worries me.

Whao there lass! No need to get all defensive. Please put that pickaxe down, I didn't mean no harm. You know those things are very dangerous. Who said you aren't here to help? I never said that.

Ugh, that last bit was like directed at Jessica, or whatever.

Sheridan, this seems a little convenient, don't you think. You're very quickly coming out saying you're town, but you investigate as scum. Seeing how quick you came out with it, it sounds as a quick cover-up in case you're investigated.

What you should have done if you're telling the truth, was try to find a scum, claim to them, and tell them you were a traitor. You'd know the scum team, and you could help us. The fact that you're claiming, especially this early, for the reasons above, still worries me.

Ugh, you are like, not thinking this through. As I like, totally said, I'd thought of that ploy as well, but I think catching a Coyote is like, totally not as easy as you make it out to be, could be more problems, there'd be no way to like prove I'd turn up Coyote to the gangmember if by some miracle I found one before it came up in like, public or whatever. The chance to be investigated and causing problems for the town is like, totally way bigger I think, or whatever. I did like, expect, people, would like, go two ways about this, and I understand or something, there's like two ways to think about it, I could be considered a named Villager, or I could be someone who is trying to pull something off or whatever. What people got to like, ask themselves or whatever, would a Coyote, and more importantly, me, try to pull this off if I were a Coyote? I'm like, not objective, but I think like, not. Ugh. So annoying.

First, Caleb, quit yar dancin. Nobody, and i do mean nobody, wants to see that. Why should they, when they can be watchin me?

Second.... That role claim. I guess Sheridan is a silly little girl. But why not wait? Well, why wait? If she got investigated and came up scummy, like the good people of this town would believe the claim then. Of course, we don't believe her now either....

Woo-ee, starting the day with a bang, huh Sheridan? I would say that move would require some big brass balls for a Scum to pull and you appear to be a lady, so, tentative Town read here.

Dang, having to use this telegraph thingy is slowing me way the heck down. I started my last message right after sheridans post. Have to say, yeah, I think that girl is probably OK. Not sure, but probably. Too bad she's too young to come dance...

First, Caleb, quit yar dancin. Nobody, and i do mean nobody, wants to see that. Why should they, when they can be watchin me?

Hey! People like my dancing--and they like it because it's free! Ain't nobody want to pay you a quater to watch a dance!

Well, Boy Howdy, this here's a weird first post to be sure. :look: While I feel it's too early to make a behavior-informed decision as to your scummyness, I must say, this post certainly makes me more inclined to believe that you're a member of the Town than not. My reasoning is as follows.

A. This was the first post. It is extremely early. Scum, in my experience, benefit from meaningless prattle, since it's easier, and grants them more fodder for manipulating. You started the real game straight-off-the-bat. That's not something a scummo would do in my opinion.

B. Your Claim would be extremely ballsy for a scum to make. Too ballsy. This would be a very risky, unnecessary gambit for a scum to make--even for an experienced player like yourself who may be investigated sooner than later.

On the other hand, if this is a scum ploy, it affords you freedom from investigation and a claim. That said, the Town outweighs the Scum for me. I just can't imagine a scum would make such a drastic claim.

Even in my wasted state I can get your point. But I'm also not drunk enough to thinks of other reasons for it. A scum who makes a claim like this so early is not riskin the other scum, only herself, since we ain't got no leads to 'em! She's riskin 'er life, but she could be sneakin by to make a fool of us. Maybe she is a Coyote making this claim so we'll not be alarmed of her alliegence. If we trust her, then we could done have a Coyote sneakin into our town maters. I think when it comes to murder, a Coyote is alrealy use to taking risks!

Ugh, you are like, not thinking this through. As I like, totally said, I'd thought of that ploy as well, but I think catching a Coyote is like, totally not as easy as you make it out to be, could be more problems, there'd be no way to like prove I'd turn up Coyote to the gangmember if by some miracle I found one before it came up in like, public or whatever. The chance to be investigated and causing problems for the town is like, totally way bigger I think, or whatever. I did like, expect, people, would like, go two ways about this, and I understand or something, there's like two ways to think about it, I could be considered a named Villager, or I could be someone who is trying to pull something off or whatever. What people got to like, ask themselves or whatever, would a Coyote, and more importantly, me, try to pull this off if I were a Coyote? I'm like, not objective, but I think like, not. Ugh. So annoying.

I am thinking this through. I'm finding your claim a little hard to believe. It just seems a little too convenient. For now, though, I'll choose to believe you. Your recent explanation seems to show your thought process a bit better, to me, and I feel like you're more likely to be telling the truth the more I look at it. That doesn't mean I won't be watching out for you, though. I've got my eyes on you. :oh:

Huh, well, that there certainly is a conversation starter.

So, I guess scum wouldn't risk catching attention that early, you know, considering that it's not exactly a claim that, well, makes people claim to you.

I'm afraid I don't get how being a scapegoat helps anyone convincing scum they are a traitor. And if I'm honest, I don't think that would be a good idea anyway. Scum never fall for such a ruse. It just distracts the town and derails our efforts.

Either he is speaking the truth, which makes perfect sense, or he is lying to avoid investigation, which would be highly unconservative, but not entirely impossible.

Anyway, that's my opinion on that matter. I have to go bake some bread now.

Perry, that's true. In past situations, the traitor was given one member of the scum, and the other scum could easily drop that claim. Sheridan is likely telling the truth, the more I think about it.

Even in my wasted state I can get your point. But I'm also not drunk enough to thinks of other reasons for it. A scum who makes a claim like this so early is not riskin the other scum, only herself, since we ain't got no leads to 'em! She's riskin 'er life, but she could be sneakin by to make a fool of us. Maybe she is a Coyote making this claim so we'll not be alarmed of her alliegence. If we trust her, then we could done have a Coyote sneakin into our town maters. I think when it comes to murder, a Coyote is alrealy use to taking risks!

I understand your points, partner, but as I said, the Town outweighs the scum on this, for me. I don't really agree with your first phrase. Whether it happens at the beginning (or most often, near the end) of the day, a scum claim usually serves to not only save its own hide, but also to distance itself from the rest of the Scum. That said, any claim by a scum risks hurting the other scum, if not in other ways, then at least by risking they loose a member. This claim, which is unconfirmable (he's admitted to investigating as Scum), and overly convenient for a scum to make, a claim that usually straight-up means the claimant is scum, is very risky. It takes pretty big balls to make such a gambit, and needlessly draw attention to one's self. :sceptic: There's nothing sneaky about it, and no one should trust her. A role like this does not get put into secret Town discussions. She's not getting much for the risk if she is scum.

I believe Sheridan is telling the truth. The first post being a roleclaim is unusual, but I believe it, just because of how outrageous It is. The odds of a scum pulling a move like that, that gives us a potentially productive start are practically nonexistent.

It does seem to me like it has the towns best intentions at heart, but I can't fully trust her yet.

Damien, you do make a good point that it is a convenient claim for a potential scum, but why on earth would a Scum pull such a audacious gambit before anything at all has happened?

Damien, you do make a good point that it is a convenient claim for a potential scum, but why on earth would a Scum pull such a audacious gambit before anything at all has happened?

That's my argument exactly. :hmpf: