Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

MOC: City Gate

This MOC was for DaVinciPunk!, our collaborative display for Brickworld this year. It was basically Steampunk with gears. It probably belongs in Sci-Fi but I'd rather have an architecture discussion here. This creation was the City Gate and mill which masked our elevation which we achieved with some large blocks of foam.

9053433470_d9c4ce13e5_c.jpg

9051188103_8970972cd2_c.jpg

I forgot to get a really good shot of just the mill with all the pieces in place, but here it is in its final environment:

9080939501_830c145ffa_c.jpg

And a video of the Power Functions Mill:

It probably belongs in Sci-Fi but I'd rather have an architecture discussion here.

Yeah, because those Sci-Fi people are Wackos! :snicker:

On a more serious note, this is a great MOC! Nice to see you building, I always enjoy it when you do because they are always great creations. Moreover, it took some dedication to go to Brickworld from Cali, you make me look like a wussie. :cry_sad:

Edited by Brickington

Nice work 'Hinckley', even such a period looking structure could fit in a modern city scene too........Brick On ! :grin:

Ha ha ha! I just noticed the Lego Plastic Bag powered Balloon - that's perfect!

As for the City Gate - it looks great and it could belong in any modern European City.

Really a great display again! Your gate is well executed, I love the mill wheels. Just a few details I would have done differently. Like tiling off the top in dark bley, have the dark green dome roof (or colour) come back in the centre part and not using the grill parts for the small roofs on the columns (though I see why you've used them). It's nitpicking really, but I hope it's constructive.