Wedge09

A ruined tower

With a few new pieces arrived with my last order, I create a new MOC for Avalonia: A ruined tower.

Not far from the village of Hidden Garden, Alexander discovered a ruined tower, whose history has long forgotten.

9117904056_fdc4e88e34_c.jpg

9115673545_96733f7bbb_c.jpg

9115701157_4914df49d3_c.jpg

9115699467_86b6aff41b_c.jpg

9117896762_037720863c_c.jpg

9115676861_4769b124e6_c.jpg

All photos can be found at my Flickr Gallery.

C&C are always welcome and thanks for watching :classic:

You definitely captured the ruined feel well :thumbup: I especially like the archer slits and growth on the tower.

Perhaps you could add a fig or two?

Lovely ruin and foilage! This tower reminds me very much of all those ruined tower houses (often half overgrown) which I saw all over the island when I was driving around in Ireland last year :classic:

You definitely captured the ruined feel well :thumbup: I especially like the archer slits and growth on the tower.

Perhaps you could add a fig or two?

Thansk a lot SK; for the minifigure, actually my character is in Mpya Stedor therefore I can't use it but I could use Lianna and Amos (see Alexander Adventures part 3 Encounter), maybe in a few days I can post a picture with the minifig :wink:

Hmmmm, it reminds me of Weather top....

Love the window slits ( i'll probably copy that)

Thanks, I take the loopholes from de Gothia therefore the credits go to him :classic:

Lovely ruin and foilage! This tower reminds me very much of all those ruined tower houses (often half overgrown) which I saw all over the island when I was driving around in Ireland last year :classic:

Thanks a lot Gideon :classic:

Indeed a well build ruin filled with foliage over time, nice touch. I think some debris on the ground near the tower would add a bit to the build.

Indeed a well build ruin filled with foliage over time, nice touch. I think some debris on the ground near the tower would add a bit to the build.

Thanks a lot Ecclesiastes, I consider you one of the best builders of medieval MOC and receive a compliment from you makes me really happy :grin: About the debris, thanks for the tip, I will try something in the next days :classic:

Great build. It seems fitting for the scene. I also like the window slits. You've covered the foliage/ruin look pretty well here.

Nice job, especially with the landscaping, and the tower windows are a nice touch as well! :thumbup:

I agree with Ecc's comment, and I thank you for showing me an alternative to minifig leg cross windows. Those look great!

I like the feel of this ruin, maybe one day it will get restored! :)

A very beautiful ruin!!! You were able to create a very great ancient atmosphere with this! :classic:

Wow 2000 message :grin: I'm Duke, now you all should call me "sir", I'm joiking obviously :tongue:

Great build. It seems fitting for the scene. I also like the window slits. You've covered the foliage/ruin look pretty well here.

ThanksTheLegoDr :classic:

Nice job, especially with the landscaping, and the tower windows are a nice touch as well! :thumbup:

Thanks a lot Kai :classic:

I agree with Ecc's comment, and I thank you for showing me an alternative to minifig leg cross windows. Those look great!

I like the feel of this ruin, maybe one day it will get restored! :)

Thank you; the window, as I said before, is from DeGothia who use this techniques before me, about the restoring it's not a bad idea, when I will have more pieces for the wood, I could restore it, thanks for the idea anyway :wink:

Lovely indeed. You really captured the feel of the ruin. I love it. Great work wedge! :thumbup:

Thank you monsinjor :classic:

A very beautiful ruin!!! You were able to create a very great ancient atmosphere with this! :classic:

Thanks a lot Damaximus, I'm happy you like my small work :classic:

Edited by Wedge09

I can see that your alway using the same few pieces, but it doesn't make a difference as you always coem up with something really cool! So glad your finally part of GoH wedge!

I can see that your alway using the same few pieces, but it doesn't make a difference as you always coem up with something really cool! So glad your finally part of GoH wedge!

Thank you a lot Kabel :classic: More will come in the future :wink:

Cool ruins!

That window/slit thing technique is great! I will steal it, and maybe reverse the slopes. I'm testing this right now :)

Edited by Sigolf Brimabane

That window/slit thing technique is great! I will steal it, and maybe reverse the slopes. I'm testing this right now :)

Actually it works best with a 1x2 cheese slope + tile at the bottom since it then fits exactly right without any gaps. It's actually perfect also without a 1x1 at the top for a shorter arrow slit (I've done this a couple of times), or with two 1x2 on top of each other. If the bricks with stud on the side is separated by two plates you can make a very nice long arrow slit, or a nice symmetrical slit with a crossing gap if a full brick separates the bricks with stud on the side.

With a 1x1 cheese slope at the bottom it's not as easy to get right as it either collides with the studs of the brick below, or leaves a space if a tile is used "one plate lower".

Actually it works best with a 1x2 cheese slope + tile at the bottom since it then fits exactly right without any gaps. It's actually perfect also without a 1x1 at the top for a shorter arrow slit (I've done this a couple of times), or with two 1x2 on top of each other. If the bricks with stud on the side is separated by two plates you can make a very nice long arrow slit, or a nice symmetrical slit with a crossing gap if a full brick separates the bricks with stud on the side.

With a 1x1 cheese slope at the bottom it's not as easy to get right as it either collides with the studs of the brick below, or leaves a space if a tile is used "one plate lower".

Oh, yeah. I ended up doing like Wedge09 anyway ^^ It would have been really cool though... :) I made a "quick" MOC, that I might put in the historic themes forum.

Cool ruins!

Thank you :classic: The window/slit is from DeGthia, he used this tecniques before me :wink:

This is an awesome MOC, I love how you've captured the ruined aspect of the building and I really like the foliage and the windows, great work :classic:

This is an awesome MOC, I love how you've captured the ruined aspect of the building and I really like the foliage and the windows, great work :classic:

Thank you Kez, happy you like my work :classic:

I really adore that ground covering.

Thanks Carson Haupt :classic:

After "popular" demand, I add some debris and the minifig of Amos Graverascal for Alexander Vandangant's Adventures. Enjoy :wink:

9151926494_79b736e7bd_c.jpg

9151927600_8ba95dc2d7_c.jpg

Totally agree with Masa about the added rubble :thumbup: Great to see you putting the suggestions you received to good use!

Nice job! I think the added debris was the perfect touch to complete this MOC!

Thank you Masa :classic:

Totally agree with Masa about the added rubble :thumbup: Great to see you putting the suggestions you received to good use!

Thank you SK, I'm really happy you like my small tower :wink: