Erynlasgalen

Inside Kaliphlin Day 7- Arkbri Falls

Let's see what have we done this week...Visited the elves, saw the jungle natives, went bird watching, got our boots swampy, surfed the dunes, and watched an epic race.... who else is tired after all this touring?

If only we had a place to relax and cool off before we kept going.... yup too bad we don't have a place like that - lets just keep going full speed ahead!

Just kidding mind you, good thing you are in the capable hands of the Kaliphlin Tourist Agency, we know just the place to head for the day.

Welcome to the Arkbri Falls!

9103591975_05252ed3f7_o.jpg

9105819026_8dcb2059a8_c.jpg

9103591269_d987802b1f_c.jpg

Perfect place to relax for the day before we continue onwards to see the wonders of Kaliphlin. Remember to stay hydrated, don't stay in the sun too long, and above all make sure you check your boots before you put them back on for scorpions... nasty little buggers they are.

9106131852_e4632c2d73_c.jpg

Edited by Erynlasgalen

I think I like the terrain/mountain side more than the water fall. Something seems a bit off about it. Maybe it needs more color than clear and white? I think it blends in together too much maybe. But then again I've never built a waterfall before.

Otherwise great build. Like I said I love the tan rock work.

Excellent work!!! What a lovely waterfall! It does look like a refreshing place to rehydrate.

I guess this means we need a canal system around the falls, unless this is a side stream coming off the great escarpment?

There is something breathtaking about those falls! I love the effect that you get out of those trans-clear 1x1 plates!

I'd put in some trans light blue plates, perhaps just behind the 1x1 trans clear stacks, but still, it's a stunning MOC, I especially love how you made those cliffs/rock wall.

Love those rock designs! I also like the ripple effect (white studs) created by the waterfalls :thumbup: Great job!

I just want to jump into that pool after a hot day's walk. Beautiful work/

:classic:

Fantastik rockwork, looks soo good in tan! And the foilage is also top notch :)

A photography detail I iterate here as well is that is a good idea to put something behind the bricks when shooting (like vertical plates), to avoid cracks with visible light in the structure.

I guess this means we need a canal system around the falls, unless this is a side stream coming off the great escarpment?

Judging by the water flow, this is a tributary stream joining the Arkbri river. Probably coming from some springs in the desert (yes, there is quite a lot of water deep below the Kaliphlin surface as we get infrequent but heavy rain which the limited surface soil can't handle)?

Gorgeous :wub: I like this even better than your swamp scene. The waterfall is superb! I love how you angled some of the stacks of rounds and the bit pouring over the rock :wub:

Tremendous rockwork too, and the olive leaves with those spiky plants look great (I may borrow that design) :thumbup: Great to see some free builds from you :classic:

That tan rockwork is beautiful, and the flowers and foliage in front really add to it, great job! And of course the fall looks really nice! :thumbup:

Beautiful waterfall! I guess Kaliphlin may have something better than Nocturnus has--but we are better at everything else! Anyways, I love the build, and I really like the small rock "platforms" that extend from the sides of the cliff--they are just asking for a sleeping spot!

Ahh...the Arkbri Falls. One of my favorite spots to ponder the wonders of the universe and reflect on my own place in it. Great build Eryn! When I saw this on Flickr, I fell in love immediately!

this is epic!!! It gives me the feeling that really every brick has been placed perfectly, giving it a very natural atmosphere!! :classic: :classic:

Excellent build, I love the rock sandwork :thumbup:

The waterfall and the rest of the landscape are great too, the only thing that bothers me a little is the white foam :sceptic: ...I'm just too used to seeing the foam as clear that it is a bit odd.

Anyways, if a refreshing place, it appears to also be extraordinarily dangerous, I wouldn't want to stand on one of those sand ledges for the life of me (if I did, I don't think I would have much life of me left :grin::wink: ).

Great job. :classic:

Beautiful! Love the intricate sandrock work!

Beautiful indeed! And I also agree and the sandrock work, something new compared to all the grey rockwork!

Stunning build Erynlasgalen! Simple yet elegant. This certainly is an oasis for tired eyes to rest upon... i've already made several visits on Flickr! :wink::thumbup:

I like it.

The felling water technique isn't my favorite, but the section at the bottom where the falls hit the river is excellent!

I really like your stone work. The shapes seem unique and curious while still feeling natural; like they belong there. I also really like your use of the white flowers. They are simple and simple is exactly what you needed there. They make the scene feel far more cool and pleasant than it would otherwise without distracting any from the rest fo the build.