Maxim I

GoH lay-out at Brickmania Antwerpen 2013

For most European guys, it is difficult to participate at the events finding place in the USA. So that's why it would be cool to do a GoH table/lay-out at an event in Europe.

Saturday 9 November and Sunday 10 November, there will be a new edition of Brickmania Antwerpen. But unlike the previous editions, BMA will have now a gigantic hall to show the creations of the AFOL's.

And the Belgian Lug members are supposed to fill this hall :laugh:

I take my responsibilities up, and will give GoH the spot it deserves at BMA. But ofcourse I want you guys to show the world how awesome our project is by helping me :classic: It will be also nice to meet the other members in real life! :classic:

I have to be honest, my city of Mpya Stedor will be a part of the Pirates lay-out (just like Brickmania Wetteren). But there are enough other things I can show :classic:

Here the details again:

• Brickmania Antwerpen
  • city: Antwerp (Belgium)
  • date: 9 & 10 November 2013

GoH-Members already attending:

• Damaximus
  • Sebeus
  • Kabel
  • Ecclesiastes
  • Synbiote (even he still is not an official member :hmpf_bad: )

MOC's that will be displayed

So to all members who have nothing planned yet: join us!

Edited by Damaximus

I've started working on somethings modular, sort of like Ecc's project. So depending on how much time I have I'll be adding more moduels. I could also bring the "Rose of Asgard" as I'm not willing to tear her down any time soon!

I've started working on somethings modular, sort of like Ecc's project. So depending on how much time I have I'll be adding more moduels. I could also bring the "Rose of Asgard" as I'm not willing to tear her down any time soon!

Perfect :classic:

You could always MOC my wedding DM, I am getting married the 9th haha :tongue: -- we were talking about honeymooning in Belgium (I have a long fascination with the country), too bad we are not getting married the week before, or we could visit this event! I don't think I could have brought anything though. :classic:

You could always MOC my wedding DM, I am getting married the 9th haha :tongue: -- we were talking about honeymooning in Belgium (I have a long fascination with the country), too bad we are not getting married the week before, or we could visit this event! I don't think I could have brought anything though. :classic:

Ah, indeed too bad!! :laugh: And Belgium is really worth visiting (and even honeymooning), especially when you like medieval architecture :classic:

hey guys, as you can see here I'm working on a harbor city layout. As I'm running out of blue bricks I was wondering whether those participating could also put together some more water modules with ships and boats on it so that we could create a lively harbor scene. Just an idea ...

In 2 weeks, the sign-up will start. So far Sebeus, Ecc, Kabel & Me are going to represent GoH with some awesome builds :laugh:

If there is another member interested in joining us, let us know :classic:

Edited by Damaximus

so what happened to sebeus?

Why do I always forget Sebeus??? :laugh: Worst part of all, just before posting this, I was thinking about his Intruder who will come to Antwerp :look:

Anyway, not sure yet if he will focus purely on the pirates lay-out or not, so I'll ask him :classic: Also Synbiote will be there as well (even he is still not an official member of GoH due some moving to a new spot) :classic:

after a 4 hour drive back home from Antwerpen where we (DM and I) had a lot of fun representing the Guilds of Historica at the Brick Mania event. Thanks DaMaximus and all those crazy Belug members for their hospitality and open welcome. Pics later ...

Edited by kabel

after a 4 hour drive back home from Antwerpen we're we (DM and I) had a lot of fun representing the Guilds of Historica at the Brick Mania event. Thanks DaMaximus and all those crazy Belug members for their hospitality and open welcome. Pics later ...

Good job making sure GoH was represented! Can't wait for those pics :classic:

Yeah, there were more than 6000 visitors! So it was really a great experience :) Now I am really tired :laugh: pics are coming later this week, but this is already a preview taken by a Belgian newspaper:

IMG_1236.JPG

Is all of that Kabel's work? Nice harbor regardless :classic:

Was Mpya Stedor also on the exhibition?

I guess 6k+ visitors will have contributed with a fair bit of dust :wink:

... and a nice / impressive event it was. I was first a bit disappointed that the location where it was held changed, since it used to be literaly around the corner for me. But I am not sure the old location could receive that many visitors.. When I left around 3pm, people were queuing to get in.

Congratulations to all that participated.

Is all of that Kabel's work? Nice harbor regardless :classic:

Was Mpya Stedor also on the exhibition?

I guess 6k+ visitors will have contributed with a fair bit of dust :wink:

well, it's six fully fleshed out modules of Thorshaven + 2 ships and one module and one ship by dm, may seem a bit small but that was due to the size of our table, wich was gigantic

Mpya Stedor was there as well and also some other great stuff by dm. Originally we had anticipated more GoH work to be displayed, but another member couldn't show up due to personal problems. Next year however, we hope that we can display some more and bigger layouts and also hope that more Dutch, Belgian, German and French GoH members can make it to Antwerpen.

Anyway size doesn't always matter :wink:

Edited by kabel

Very cool layout guys :thumbup: Great to see more ships in kabel's harbor :wub: Also great that you guys could promote GoH :classic:

Nice one, guys! Looking forward to the pictures!

I would have loved to come but I was at Bricking Bavaria in Munich just the weekend before and I wasn't able to skip more of college. Hope I can make it next year though!

Post the dates once you know them so other members can plan ahead! ;) Btw: I'll be in Skaerbaek next year again, anybody already planning to attend? (Ecclesiastes? :wink: )

Edited by Rolli

alright, some pics I took

our table:

10805168893_cc1fb21f14_c.jpg

DaMaximus at our table:

10805038284_bc8c918b57_c.jpg

at the pirate table:

10805081026_d71a8386df_c.jpg

Thorshaven closeup:

10804914835_a66156e5c8_c.jpg

small thing I build representig Nocturnus:

10805160293_016b53d6eb_c.jpg

some kid studying our layout (really my favourite pic):

10804950226_307d32b0bb_c.jpg

@kabel: That picture of the kid looking at the display is great :thumbup: I can't wait to see some good pictures of the Thorshaven modules in the back :wub:

I agree with SK, more pictures of Thorshaven please :classic:

Wouldn't mind more pictures of the layout with Mpya Stedor either!

It was a very fun event, nice to have met kabel, I will be posting pictures of the pirate layout in the pirate forum later.

In the meantime here's some pics of Damaximus' white palace (as the visitors called it).

dsc00876.jpg

dsc00861.jpg

p116.jpg

dsc00867.jpg

Why do I always forget Sebeus??? :laugh:

Don't forget to send me some pictures you took from the pirate layout :grin:

Still not a guild member,

still need to pick a side.

Thorshaven's presence only made it harder..

My wife stealing almost all my dark bluish grey & white to make a hilside for the winter village displayed at the event surely didn't help :)..

Surely enjoyed meeting Kabel & i see my camera battery did better work for you than it did for me (it was so crowded everywhere..i couldn't take a single picture)..

i did get inspired & lots of lovely idea's brewing in my head..

Now only the lego's to make it work ..

looking forward to working together and make that HUGE table filled to the edges with Historica :)

haha, great to see you here! And yes, I'm glad I got to take some pics, but that's because I didn't display my stuff on three different tables :wink: And good to hear, that you'll be joining Mitgardia! :wink: @DM: :tongue:

Still not a guild member,

still need to pick a side.

Thorshaven's presence only made it harder..

My wife stealing almost all my dark bluish grey & white to make a hilside for the winter village displayed at the event surely didn't help :)..

Maybe that leaves you with some tan to spare and and a desire for warmer weather in your MOCs...? :wink: