Nightstalker

Marshland Watchtower

dsc01912.jpg

Shortly after we arrived in the Qar-Akhen Marsh, we began to set up a simple watchtower to further increase our presence. The land was much different from the Siccus Badlands, but we've been forced to patrol swamps back in our homeland. Both Lukan and Yoko have decided that additional watchtowers should be set up down here as well. After all, I've heard the marsh has a rather poor reputation...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall MOC

dsc01905.jpg

Marsh close up

dsc01906.jpg

Home to over 40 different kinds of animals eh?

dsc01907.jpg

Yoko calling to the tower archer

dsc01909.jpg

Simple tower design (hopefully the camouflage will work well... maybe not)

dsc01910.jpg

Chain rope to ascend the tower

dsc01911.jpg

Watchtower looking down

dsc01913.jpg

I'm going to be in this marsh for a little while. Can't wait till I get out of here; I'd rather take my chances in the desert. This place is just eerie.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you all enjoyed the MOC.

I tried to base it off of the Day 4 tour, which really gave me a ton of inspiration.

As usual

C&C is always welcome and appreciated!!!

:classic:

Wow, this is a really great response to Eryn her build!!!

The atmosphere is completely the same, so really great job!! :classic:

I love how you did the base of this! Especially how you made the liquid part of the swamp :sweet:

There are never enough marches in historica!

Great job on the vegetation and landscaping. Looking good!

Edit: I ment marshes instead of marches :-P

Edited by Balthasar

I'm going to be in this marsh for a little while. Can't wait till I get out of here; I'd rather take my chances in the desert. This place is just eerie.

Wierdo.

Dr Rod

Very good looking moc you have here! I like the swamp feel you have achieved!

The photos are really dark though and some pics are hard to see details on. Try taking the photos outside in the shadow.

Very good swamp landscape, the dark green leaves and trans cones give a neat effect :thumbup: I think the tower would blend in better with the landscape if it had the same leaves as the other trees though :classic:

The marshes are where it's at! Very atmospheric, love the surface texture.

:classic:

Nice build. I can't believe how quickly you turned this out from seeing Erynlasgalen's build! That was very quick

Great to see that the Kaliphlin Tour is sparking new ideas already! I think the ground is the best part of this build, and interesting to see the point-of-view from the tower :classic:

Nice build! Only thing I might change is the tower roof. Looks a bit out of place. Keep the builds coming! :thumbup: