Sign in to follow this  
Nachapon Lego

LEGO Walking Machine (Strandbeest) by Jason Allemann (inspired by Chri

Cool! I tried building this in SR 3D builder when I was putting together the instructions, but I had a heck of a time trying to get it to do anything useful. Making submodels seemed impossible, adding instruction steps also super annoying and whenever I tried to animate it it would just rotate the whole model instead of actually turning the axle and making the legs move. Someday I'll have to figure out how to use that program. It seems super powerful, but not intuitive (at least for me). Whipped it up in no time in MLCAD, but I guess that's just what I'm used to. :)

Anyway, I'm glad to see someone else got it working!

Jason

That's a nice model. I already knew it for some time now, but I didn't know there are instructions too :classic:

I'll definitly build this, I think it looks very nice when you see this thing walking :thumbup:

Cool! I tried building this in SR 3D builder when I was putting together the instructions, but I had a heck of a time trying to get it to do anything useful. Making submodels seemed impossible, adding instruction steps also super annoying and whenever I tried to animate it it would just rotate the whole model instead of actually turning the axle and making the legs move. Someday I'll have to figure out how to use that program. It seems super powerful, but not intuitive (at least for me). Whipped it up in no time in MLCAD, but I guess that's just what I'm used to. :)

Anyway, I'm glad to see someone else got it working!

Jason

If you have any questions regarding SR3D Builder, you can always ask here in the forum.

Also keep an eye out on the next version of HispaBrick :wink:

Hi Jason, Thanks for shared these awesome MOCs and instructions.

You may like this easy to sahre building instruction in single image, render using LDD2Povray.

That's cool! I'm I big fan of exploded instruction images. Nicely done.

Jason