Also, note that Marvel has three movies coming out this year, so TLM getting the highest grossing film is gonna be a feat.

Highest grossing film in February. Some, if not all, of Marvel's properties will surely bring in much more.

I can't wait for the movie!

To celebrate the Lego Movie, I have even turned my avatar into President Ducky! :grin:

11937490315_c935413ae1.jpg

Highest grossing film in February? This movie must be good then.

Just saw a new TV Spot! It included the President Business clip, and after that, Emmet says "He's such a cool guy-- wait did he say put to sleep?!" and Kragle, and the Castle dragon, and some Western parts.

I'll see if I can find it.

-Sci

The Soundtrack sounds amazing :grin:

Release of the Original Motion Picture Soundtrack is February 11 2014.

Reminds me of the Sims and the Simpsons somehow:

Edited by Cammo

Awesome is said 24 times in the movie for those who were worried bout it being overused

I saw it yesterday, I'm fairly sure it's said a lot more then that, particularly given the number of times the song turned up - I think Emmett alone might have said it 24 times! That said, it was brilliant, I was really entertained from the logos at the front to the version of the song over the last part of the credits. It really is awesome - pure kid crack and AFOL dreams!

I am thinking this movie will do great and blast Nut Job right out of the theater.

Agreed. It looks terrible, and uses the same plot as the 2006 film Over the Hedge, which was one I loved.

-Sci

I am thinking this movie will do great and blast Nut Job right out of the theater.

At least we know Will Arnett will be getting money either way :tongue:

I saw it yesterday, I'm fairly sure it's said a lot more then that, particularly given the number of times the song turned up - I think Emmett alone might have said it 24 times! That said, it was brilliant, I was really entertained from the logos at the front to the version of the song over the last part of the credits. It really is awesome - pure kid crack and AFOL dreams!

Despite the somewhat awkward video...

If a Lego Designer loves this movie, It has to be good! :thumbup::tongue:

The TV ads for this have really ramped up. It's almost hard to miss one now. Everything about it so far is.... well...... awesome.

One thing I would love is if there was a nod to LEGO Island somewhere in the movie. I wouldn't mind if it was only a cameo from the Infomaniac, Pepper, or the Brickster. That would be so AWESOME!

I doubt that it would happen, but they have made some references to it as of late so it's not completely out of the question.

I lost interest when it became a dubstep-fest. I get it, this is what people like nowadays, but I feel that song is just... not awesome. The lyrics (especially combined with the people singing them) are just off, and it's basically your typical modern song. Hopefully when Tobuscus, or someone else, makes their remix of it I'll have a better opinion of it. (Tobuscus makes brilliant parodies, like his Happy Wheels parody of Daft Punk's "Get Lucky")

I lost interest when it became a dubstep-fest. I get it, this is what people like nowadays, but I feel that song is just... not awesome. The lyrics (especially combined with the people singing them) are just off, and it's basically your typical modern song. Hopefully when Tobuscus, or someone else, makes their remix of it I'll have a better opinion of it. (Tobuscus makes brilliant parodies, like his Happy Wheels parody of Daft Punk's "Get Lucky")

I sorta agree but, unfortunately, dubstep seems to be the way songs are going. But that won't stop me from buying the song on iTunes the first chance I get.

I also hope Tobuscus works his parody magic on this song!

Can we just note for a second that one of the tracks on the soundtrack is 'Middle Zealand'? :rofl:

As for 'Everything is Awesome' I found it a little too cheery when I first heard it, the full version just makes it repetitive. That dubstep part definitely just... does not fit.

Can we just note for a second that one of the tracks on the soundtrack is 'Middle Zealand'? :rofl:

Middle Zealand is the western area in the film.

As for 'Everything is Awesome' I found it a little too cheery when I first heard it, the full version just makes it repetitive. That dubstep part definitely just... does not fit.

Isn't it supposed to be like a futuristic, robo-big-brother style "behave and do what you're told" pop anthem? So it's like, already a parody, going along with what we know of the movie's plot? In one of the tv spots all the robots are singing it, for example.

Middle Zealand is the western area in the film.

Aw man, I was hoping there would be a Middle Earth part of the film.

Aw man, I was hoping there would be a Middle Earth part of the film.

I'm not sure if you know this, but Gandalf is in the film. So maybe there will be!

It's still probably just a joke about Middle Earth's cinematic universe being entirely in New Zealand.

It's still probably just a joke about Middle Earth's cinematic universe being entirely in New Zealand.

Or maybe Gandalf just has a cameo, and probably one you'll have to look for, that's what I'm assuming.