The Wrap gave us the first clearly (though not completely) negative review I've read: ‘The Lego Movie’ Review: Funny Pieces Don’t Click With Heavy-Handed Message.

I'm trying to maintain quite low expectations despite all the hype, especially as I made the mistake to pass the time before the movie premiere (February 14th here in Finland) by watching Lord & Miller's earlier films. Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs I found pretty watchable/mediocre, but 21 Jump Street was just horribly dumb and groanworthy. :wacko:

Seems it's already time for the sequel rumours too, in the midst of the first reviews: Warner Bros. Already Working on Sequel to ‘The Lego Movie’

Is this any news, though? Probably not. I suspect the studios have someone start penning a sequel, just in case, for every somewhat franchisable big budget movie as early as possible. Saves valuable time if the movie is a hit, and doesn't waste that much money if it bombs.

Edited by Haltiamieli

I'm cautiously optimistic for this movie. I really want to like it, but I don't want to set my expectations too high and come out disappointed. But if the early reviews are any indication, this film is a hit! :thumbup:

What!!!?!???

100% on Rotten Tomatoes??????

This is the greatest thing ever!

Well, there's only 12 reviews so far, so it doesn't mean too much...but judging by the reviews, I'd count with a 80%-99% rating.

-Gata signoff.png

22 reviews, Gata. The guy who posted the Wrap review actually gave it a thumbs up!

We might just get a 100%...I really want the movie to end up getting 100% from Rotten Tomatoes. Toy Story 2 got 100% from 161 critics, so people just need to think how awesome LEGO is and we got a hit!

...Right?

Oh, and Keith Furguson is Han Solo. I wonder if the Simpsons get any dialogue...

EDIT: I replaced the "ignore the Wrap guy" with "Oh, he liked it"-and corrected a typo, too. Updated the number again.

Edited by Starrocks923

What!!!?!???

100% on Rotten Tomatoes??????

This is the greatest thing ever!

Thus you may be hearing a lot from me in the coming days...

Edited by Penkid11

So while I was walking around NY city and enjoying the u.s with my girlfriend I saw a 11 kid and I asked him if he was ready to see the Lego Movie and he said no that movie is stupid and legos are stupid too and I said adults like legos and he said that anyone that likes the Lego Movie and that will watch it are stupid and that pissed me off are most American kids like this?

Edited by coolcab1

So while I was walking around NY city and enjoying the u.s with my girlfriend I saw a 11 kid and I asked him if he was ready to see the Lego Movie and he said no that movie is stupid and legos are stupid too and I said adults like legos and he said that anyone that likes the Lego Movie and that will watch it are stupid and that pissed me off are most American kids like this?

Not to my knowledge. I imagine a lot of kids just don't want to admit they like legos so they can be "cool"

Yes they are all like this.

Seriously no, that kid sounds like an idiot.

You asked a tween-ager. If you were to ask, maybe, an eight-year-old, you'd probably get more positive results.

Then again, if you find a nerdy teen (there are lots out there, don't worry) you also might find positivity from them as well.

I have a fifteen-year-old brother, and he's just as stoked as I am.

Also, some attention to punctuation would be nice. I almost didn't understand what you were trying to say...

Two of my favorite YouTube critics reviewed the film!

They really seemed to like it, which is great! :sweet:

Yeah, that's about the age when kids feel too old to be kids and are hunting desperately for acceptance/superiority to childish things. Some handle it more gracefully than others.

This is NOT acceptable. Making generalizations (even in the form of a question) about any culture or country is wrong and we won't tolerate it.

That kid should be thrown in jail for insulting the best toy ever, LEGO.

Yeah, that's about the age when kids feel too old to be kids and are hunting desperately for acceptance/superiority to childish things. Some handle it more gracefully than others.

Totally. From my experience, most kids in that age were like that (except for my brother and me, of course :P). Now everybody I know is pretty cool with it.

17 reviews on RT now, and still positive! :D

EDIT: 18 NOW AND STILL 100%!

-Gata signoff.png

Edited by Gatanui

Totally. From my experience, most kids in that age were like that (except for my brother and me, of course :P). Now everybody I know is pretty cool with it.

17 reviews on RT now, and still positive! :D

EDIT: 18 NOW AND STILL 100%!

-Gata signoff.png

Oh yes, this is looking great, can't wait :laugh:

I need to ask...is there any chance that the Lego Friends show up? My daughter would love that.

Nope. No Friends.

It won't stay at 100%, but all of these very strong early positive reviews is certainly extremely encouraging. I'd wager that it ends up somewhere in the 95% range. Can't wait until Friday!!!

Nope, not all kids. My son (11) and half his whole class know about lego and want to watch the lego movie.

This is NOT acceptable. Making generalizations (even in the form of a question) about any culture or country is wrong and we won't tolerate it.

Goodness, I wasn't trying to be mean I haven't been to America since I was 4. I just wanted to know. Edited by coolcab1

^ This means the topic is dead and should not be addressed.

These are addressing the topic :

That kid should be thrown in jail for insulting the best toy ever, LEGO.

Nope, not all kids. My son (11) and half his whole class know about lego and want to watch the lego movie.

Goodness, I wasn't trying to be mean I haven't been to America since I was 4. I just wanted to know.

No more.