Although Warner Brothers does own the license for the Harry Potter books, it all depends on what JK Rowling says for stuff like this, and she has made pretty clear that she doesn't want another HP film, so this may be why he isn't in it.

This! WB has the Harry Potter license. Whereas WB outright owns DC Comics lock stock and barrel. To use Harry Potter they still need Rowlings permission. But they can use Batman at will since they own him completely.

Did I ever mention that I was going to see this movie opening day? The whole stop-motion look to it is absolutely fantastic. The little boy inside of me is going insane! Most anticipated movie of 2014!

I can't agree more. I was a little skeptical at first because I'd thought that it would be animated in the style of Ninjago and Chima, but after seeing the trailer, wow. I love stop motion films, and seeing one about Lego is insane. Emmet's expressions while doing jumping jacks were priceless.

Hopefully we get to hear that "everything is awesome" song heard in the beginning of the trailer soon! Everything about this movie is indeed awesome. :laugh: Between this, Cap 2 and X4, 2014 is shaping up to be a very exciting year!

After watching the trailer several times there is something that is bothering me quite a bit. Will the general audience that go to see this movie get all the jokes since most seem to be targeted mainly to lego fans or will be understood my them. For example the part where emmet goes to buy coffee and the guy says its $35 when we know that lego money is $100 and the part with the good cop and bad cop using the double faces as the punchline for the joke. I dont think many people who own lego or are familiar with the toy will understand those jokes.

and the part with the good cop and bad cop using the double faces as the punchline for the joke.

The good-cop bad-cop joke is funny on its own too. He looks so cute and has a sweet voice, and then goes back to being nasty on a perfect comedic beat. That's funny on its own, and LEGO fans get a little something extra.

That's how it actually is with most good kids' movies these days. Kids find them amusing, and adults get an extra layer of humor that the kids don't understand. Only here, it's that the general public will (hopefully) find the film amusing, and LEGO fans get an extra layer of humor.

I agree with Cloney on this. While the jokes have in-jokes about Lego in them, they are funny on their own. The coffee bit, for example, could be seen as social commentary as well since coffee in coffee chains like this do tend to be overpriced. The fact that he says $35 instead of $100 makes this evident. Also the part about Emmet being so upbeat all the time because he has the classic smiley head. You don't have to be a hardcore Lego fan to get that joke, and even if you don't, you can still laugh at Emmet's naive optimism in everyday life. And there are plenty of non-Lego related jokes too, like the parodies of the Justice League members, so I'm sure there will be something to like for everyone, hence the generally positive reaction to these trailers.

The imdb page indicates that Han Solo makes an appearance in the movie?

According to All About Bricks, which is always right about LEGO stuff, the Millenium Falcon is appearing in the film.

So Lego posted a bunch of 'meet the characters' clips on their YouTube. Be warned, there's spoilers, like what exactly Metalbeard is.

Still, I couldn't resist posting President Business' clip: as if we haven't gotten enough fan-service, he's the president of

the Octan Corporation!

How cool is that?

Edited by Sprocket

We discussed these videos several pages back and in the thread in the Special Themes Forum devoted to the sets.

Edited by Penkid11

since this movie is coming out in February 2014. That means the best way to get the most hype would be attaching these trailers to Thor: The Dark World, Hobbit, Free Birds, and every other movie that comes out in January 2013.

I saw Thor and Free Birds last weekend and there were no trailers for TLM in either of them. I was disappointed. :sad:

-Sci

I love the way they are in the actual LEGO poses you can achieve with minifigures. Like how Morgan Freeman is standing still because you can't run with dress piece.

Does anyone else want President Business to win? Successful business man who wears an awesome suit and is voiced by Will Ferrel, with Liam Neeson, ultimate movie badass, as his right hand man. He's everything I want to be and more! Wel except being a LEGO man.

:laugh:

From Screen Crush's article on the Star War characters appearing...

...In addition to the Warner Bros. owned characters in the DC universe, other properties confirmed to be involved are Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and My Little Pony...

I think they have mistaken Unikittiy for an Equestrian. :head_back:

Edited by just2good

I remain skeptical, considering they confused Unikitty for My Little Pony.

The movie will be awesome regardless, I'm sure.