I'll be there opening day if the trailer's any indication on how good the movie looks. There's only one other film I saw opening day and it totally wasn't Equestria Girls.

Trailers don't normally make me laugh out at one joke, let alone for the entire trailer!

I really can't wait for this! Oh and "first try" :grin:

That was spectacular. I cannot wait until that film comes out--and it dare say that may be the film I'm the most excited for!

Wonder Woman's invisible jet was pure genius!

It looks better than I thought. :laugh:

By the way name of the music song?

Merging this with the main LEGO Movie thread in Community. :wink:

Did I ever mention that I was going to see this movie opening day? The whole stop-motion look to it is absolutely fantastic. The little boy inside of me is going insane! Most anticipated movie of 2014!

It looks better than I thought. :laugh:

By the way name of the music song?

The songs are:

Avicii-"Wake Me Up" (middle)

Pitbull and Christina Aguilara-"Feel this Moment" (end)

There also appears to be an original song at the beginning.

Edited by Penkid11

Wow, yeah, that trailer was hilarious. Maybe it's because we're all LEGO enthusiasts, but this is my most anticipated film of 2014. :wub:

Also, Fabuland reference in the beginning! :sweet:

And Heartlake City and Paridisa reference!

My goodness, this movie is probably going to be full of easter eggs. I can only imagine how many will be discovered once it's available on DVD/Blu-Ray!

I am getting so excited for this movie. Batman looks like he will be the source of a lot of humor, which is refreshing.

Oh man...so excited! This is going to be awesome. "Come with me if you want to not die", *throws 30 batrangs* "First try!" :laugh:

This is definitely going to be at least a 2 view movie on the theatres.

Edited by Legocrazy81

I can't remember last time I looked forward to a movie so much. My inner young kid is squealing and crying of joy. :cry_happy: Seeing the city and everything built entirely out of LEGO bricks...it's a childhood dream come true for me.

-Gata signoff.png

Edited by Gatanui

This movie does look pretty good, I just wish they used Harry Potter people in it! HP was way more successful for Warner Brothers than DC ever was or will be. :hmpf_bad:

This movie does look pretty good, I just wish they used Harry Potter people in it! HP was way more successful for Warner Brothers than DC ever was or will be. :hmpf_bad:

Hm, that's a good point, I hadn't thought about that... That does seem quite disappointing and odd, especially since the HP theme was a lot more successful as a Lego theme as well. Maybe it's because HP isn't as easy to make fun of as DC? :def_shrug: Or more likely, it's because DC is simply more popular currently whereas Harry Potter is mostly forgotten by the general public. Oh well, let's hope Harry at least gets a cameo somewhere.

DC characters are a lot more relevant than Harry Potter characters are at the moment. Also, it's very close-minded to say that DC will never be as successful as Harry Potter considering the last 2 Batman movies each made a billion dollars.

Although Warner Brothers does own the license for the Harry Potter books, it all depends on what JK Rowling says for stuff like this, and she has made pretty clear that she doesn't want another HP film, so this may be why he isn't in it.

Hm, that's a good point, I hadn't thought about that... That does seem quite disappointing and odd, especially since the HP theme was a lot more successful as a Lego theme as well. Maybe it's because HP isn't as easy to make fun of as DC? :def_shrug: Or more likely, it's because DC is simply more popular currently whereas Harry Potter is mostly forgotten by the general public. Oh well, let's hope Harry at least gets a cameo somewhere.

I'll never forget :cry_sad: But idk, I think most kids know who Harry Potter is even if the movies ended 2 years ago.

DC characters are a lot more relevant than Harry Potter characters are at the moment. Also, it's very close-minded to say that DC will never be as successful as Harry Potter considering the last 2 Batman movies each made a billion dollars.

I don't think it's close-minded. Regardless if DC is popular, it will probably never (or at least for a long long time) reach the popularity or have the cultural impact on the world that Harry Potter has had. Yeah Batman and Superman are a part of pop culture today but I don't think they've really influenced millions of people's lives. Just my opinion though.

Although Warner Brothers does own the license for the Harry Potter books, it all depends on what JK Rowling says for stuff like this, and she has made pretty clear that she doesn't want another HP film, so this may be why he isn't in it.

Actually Warner Brothers is developing more Harry Potter movies! Although Harry probably will not be in them, It's going to be based on Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. J.K. Rowling is actually screenwriting the movie/series! J.K. Rowling is in an agreement with Warner Brothers so that they can't produce any more Harry Potter movies unless she pens them (Or something along those lines). And that's what's happening :sweet:

Edited by Luna Lovegood

I don't think it's close-minded. Regardless if DC is popular, it will probably never (or at least for a long long time) reach the popularity or have the cultural impact on the world that Harry Potter has had. Yeah Batman and Superman are a part of pop culture today but I don't think they've really influenced millions of people's lives. Just my opinion though.

Not true. DC Comics movies might not have the same impact as the Harry Potter movies, at least on an individual basis... I don't know the figures for that. But Batman and Superman are and will probably ALWAYS be much more important characters in the grand scheme of popular culture than Harry Potter is. And a lot of that is just by virtue of how long they've been around. Superman and Batman have had over seventy years to become entrenched in the public consciousness, and without characters like that who emerged in the 1930s, it's not clear if the superhero genre would even exist in the same form we know today. Before Batman and Superman, the most popular comics were detective stories, adventure stories, war stories, etc. But they quickly pushed superhero stories to become the dominant genre across that entire industry, and the effects on pop culture as a whole did nothing but increase after that.

I'm not trying to disparage Harry Potter. It was a great series that went a long way in showing that lengthy books aimed at kids and young adults could be appreciated by everyone, not just stereotypical "nerds" and "bookworms". The movies did a lot to advance what was possible with computer-generated special effects, and expanded the audience of the franchise even further. And the franchise developed into a global multimedia phenomenon much more quickly than Batman and Superman did. But the idea that they were more influential than Batman and Superman is ridiculous. They haven't even been around long enough to influence popular culture on that same level or achieve the same level of global recognition.

Edited by Aanchir