I noticed that on the product page for it that it has a countdown for the movie release and then it switches over to a countdown until Comic Con so I think there is a pretty good chance we will see at least something related to this movie! It might not be sets (but I do suspect we will get those at some point) but I do think we might see some more footage or something :thumbup:

17 sets, according to Brickset news. They'll be shown, don't know if all will be, at Comic Con. Now in addition to eagerly awaiting the Superheroes new stuff, I'm adding these to the list.

Loved the Clutch Powers dvd so I really can't wait to see this one! Should be hilarious, hopefully - nothing wrong with good kids humour!

Lots of new sets to drool over too :-)

Channing Tatum as Superman and Jonah Hill as Green Lantern?

This is like 21 Jump Street all over again.

Channing Tatum as Superman and Jonah Hill as Green Lantern?

This is like 21 Jump Street all over again.

And Phil Lord and Chris Miller directing. :laugh:

For anyone who is interested, here is a photo of Abraham Lincoln from the trailer: http://www.empireonl...loaded/lego.jpg It also looks like this scene is one of the ones that is CG instead of stop motion (Look at Superman's head).

Oooh, I like Shakespeare. His hair is like the "Grandpa" from Series 10, which is a good idea! :classic:

What I'm starting to think is that all these figures are going to be in Series 12, which will be released coinciding with Series [Movie], and will have all these miscellaneous figures in it not related to the movie.

Edited by just2good

Check out this article from io9 covering the events of the TLM panel from yesterday. Sounds like it was pretty fun! Note however this part here:

Miller insisted they had to have a classic LEGO space character in the film as one of the main characters, because he grew up playing with Space Village — and in fact, Miller's mom found the Space Village set he had as a kid and sent it to them, so Miller's childhood LEGO set is in the movie.

First of all, the possibility of a Classic Space fig being not just present in the movie but a main character is really exciting. :grin: But that bolded portion (emphasis mine) is interesting in regards to this tweet from the director:

rocket_launch_pad.png

(From here)

'Space Village' isn't a set name (as far as I'm aware), but there are a few classic Space sets in that image, most prominently the 920 Rocket Launch Pad from 1979, with a stripped-down 6846 Tri-Star Voyager in the foreground. The set in the back is hard to make out, but based on what's present it looks likely to be 6970 Beta I Command Base. Not sure how these'll figure into the plot of the movie, but the fact alone that Chris Miller is putting stuff like this in the movie says a lot about the team's dedication to the history of Lego. :laugh:

Edited by Canticleer blues

New sneak peaks before the new trailer launches in 2 days:

Meet Emmet & Wyldstyle

Got to love those henchmen noises. :laugh:

Here's a closer look at 'the batwing':

2lmw413.png

Edited by Cammo

The brick built landscapes are absolutely amazing! If this movie doesn't turn out good (which I highly doubt) at least we'll get plenty of eye-candy out of it!

And here we thought Metal Beard was just a minifigure...

Edited by Penkid11

And here we thought Metal Beard was just a minifigure...

*snip*

He's going to make a cool set for sure. I'm hoping the film doesn't have that much toilet humor though :hmpf_bad:

That was hilarious! Superman's face - priceless! :iamded_lol: Can't wait for the trailer!

This movie looks too amazing.

I couldn't agree more! February 7, 2014 is going to be one awesome birthday for me! :excited:

Awesome!!! As fun as the movie looks, I think my favorite part is the way they've pulled off the "stop motion Brickfilm" look. It's perfect! :laugh:

Awesome!!! As fun as the movie looks, I think my favorite part is the way they've pulled off the "stop motion Brickfilm" look. It's perfect! :laugh:

Agreed. They pulled off the stop-motion look very well and it's awesome how even the special effects are brick-built! And the level of detail is incredible, like how the light reflects off of certain pieces, right down to the little scratches and dust particles like on the Batphone! If it wasn't for some of the somewhat rubbery movements of the characters, I wouldn't be able to tell that this is CGI! :sweet:

By the way, does anyone know what song they're playing in those character videos?

Wow, yeah, that trailer was hilarious. Maybe it's because we're all LEGO enthusiasts, but this is my most anticipated film of 2014. :wub:

Also, Fabuland reference in the beginning! :sweet:

tpOWAt7l.jpg

And Heartlake City and Paridisa reference!

TVYpv12l.jpg

Edited by just2good