Now this makes two movies I'm hyped up for in 2014. First, the new Thomas the Tank Engine Film (so far titled "The WWII Movie") and now this. I'm excited!

I'd be also very happy if someone from Star Wars or Lord of the Rings made a minor cameo. Or a tiny shoutout to one of the constraction lines. That would be awesome.

But anyway, this film looks really interesting! I'm looking forward to it!

Well, It look better to me than Equestria Girls. (My little pony Friendship is magic). When I saw the Panda suit, My first thought was: "I'm a sad, sad panda!" So I'm very happy with that. Maybe they release the "Abraham Lincoln Guy" as 19th century president.

I did not know I wanted this movie. It looks really interesting, the animation style grows on you. Interesting to see Ninjago characters there, I wonder if when Bruce Wayne was training to be Batman if he studied Spinjitzu?

This is a thing of beauty. It's basically a toned down version of Robot Chicken, with Lego figures of course. I'm loving the star studded cast too :thumbup:

This is a thing of beauty. It's basically a toned down version of Robot Chicken, with Lego figures of course. I'm loving the star studded cast too :thumbup:

That reminds,there is a LEGO mnifigure skit in RC it's actually okay.

This movie looks pretty cool and of course I will see it.

What I like mst about this is they actually brought on one of the guys from Robot Chicken for the making of this film, as they make damn good Lego stop motion clips as well. An it feels like a Brickfilm too. The staff that Vitruvious carries looks like it was just customized from parts like what people do for their films and the Lego rubber band around his head is a nice touch too. The lasers are actual Lego lightsaber bars and vehicles looking like not so impressive mocs. This is great.

Plus it looks like Lego actually made more figs and pieces for them to use for the film so I hope we get to see them released.

-Omi

Edited by Omicron

The movie sounds like an instant classic. Much, much better than the Clutch Powers one.

I'd be also very happy if someone from Star Wars or Lord of the Rings made a minor cameo. Or a tiny shoutout to one of the constraction lines. That would be awesome.

But anyway, this film looks really interesting! I'm looking forward to it!

Again, SW belongs to Disney aka WB's competitor....but I'm all for a LOTR reference! Maybe the villain uses Uruk-Hai!

Edited by Tolkien

Again, SW belongs to Disney aka WB's competitor....but I'm all for a LOTR reference! Maybe the villain uses Uruk-Hai!

And Ninja Turtles belong to Viacom aka WB's competitor.

-Omi

So what is the part attached to the back fo the main characters torso? Is it what makes him "the special"?

I think it's just a part to carry accessories. And from what I've gathered from interviews and the trailer he seems to be special because he can build without instructions.

Well, It look better to me than Equestria Girls. (My little pony Friendship is magic). When I saw the Panda suit, My first thought was: "I'm a sad, sad panda!" So I'm very happy with that. Maybe they release the "Abraham Lincoln Guy" as 19th century president.

Okay, Equestria Girls was actually pretty good! Don't be dumping on it until you've seen it!

Not that I went opening day or anything... :look::laugh:

This movie looks fantastic! The whole voice cast looks top notch (Morgan Freeman and Liam Neeson! :drool: ), and I'm loving the animation style! So far, I'm seeing it opening day. :thumbup:

Not like Equestria Girls. Totally did not see that opening day.

And Ninja Turtles belong to Viacom aka WB's competitor.

-Omi

Viacom has the TV rights, but do they have the film rights? I know the TMNT sets are based on the TV show, but the figs are basic enough that if WB has the film rights they could probably get away with using them as generic versions of the characters. And that's what I imagine they're counting on.

I think it's just a part to carry accessories.

But is it a real part?
And from what I've gathered from interviews and the trailer he seems to be special because he can build without instructions.

Ah, cool!

Viacom has the TV rights, but do they have the film rights?

I think so, because the new movie is a "Nickelodeon Movie"...

Viacom has the TV rights, but do they have the film rights? I know the TMNT sets are based on the TV show, but the figs are basic enough that if WB has the film rights they could probably get away with using them as generic versions of the characters. And that's what I imagine they're counting on.

"Due to various movie and television deals, the various TMNT films and television series have split between various companies, with Mirage Studios having retained copyright and trademark until October 19, 2009, at which point the rights for the entire TMNT franchise were sold by co-creator Peter Laird to Nickelodeon."

http://en.wikipedia....wnership_rights

And the new movie is under Nick anyways.

-Omi

Edited by Omicron

I'm just glad they didnt turn Batman into a yellow fleshed character and vice versa :)

Am I going to be the only adult there opening night?

No way! If there's a midnight release of this in Chicago, I will most definitely be at the front of the line. Maybe I can convince some of my LUG members to join me :classic:

On a related note, I think we could expect sets based on the film next year too!

Yes, it has already been confirmed there will be tie-in sets (in a round about fashion). Part of the prize package for the animation contest they did on ReBrick mentioned them: "the full product range of the set from the Film when available, signed by LEGO designers an estimated value no more of 2,000 $ (USD)." What do you mean you hadn't heard about this? Don't we all read every word of the ReBrick blog? :tongue:

The animation is certainly interesting. I honestly can't tell if it's stop motion or CGI. Yes the characters do seem to move in a few impossible ways that stop motion wouldn't allow, but on the other hand it's so incredibly real looking. Hopefully we get a little more information on the animation soon. I suspect it might be stop motion enhanced with CGI.

According to the director, it is "CG w/ real Lego elements done in a photoreal stop-motion style. & a secret bit of live-action." My guess is that TLGgave them the official 3D models for every LEGO part and that's what they mean by "CG w/ real Lego elements."

Well, they do talk about the "evil Lord Business", and I can imagine Big Oil being the evil business in this... Good catch!

Very good catch! That's almost certainly who that is. :devil:

And if it wasn't already very obvious, I am very very excited for this movie! :classic::sweet::grin::laugh::head_back::laugh_hard::iamded_lol:

Edited by fallentomato

"Due to various movie and television deals, the various TMNT films and television series have split between various companies, with Mirage Studios having retained copyright and trademark until October 19, 2009, at which point the rights for the entire TMNT franchise were sold by co-creator Peter Laird to Nickelodeon."

http://en.wikipedia....wnership_rights

And the new movie is under Nick anyways.

-Omi

OK, thanks. I was having a bit of trouble finding that information (though I didn't spend a whole lot of time looking for it). I am still pretty confident we won't see Marvel characters or Star Wars characters appearing as prominently as DC Comics characters, but if they were willing to use Michelangelo for a split-second gag then they could easily do the same with a familiar character like Darth Vader or Spider-Man.

Well, i guess i'll be the Debbie downer (Someone has to be :tongue: ).

While I'm not nearly as excited as most here are, I'll admit its not as terrible as i thought it would be. Its defiantly corny, but its a movie about Lego aimed at kids so i guess that can be expected. So far I haven't cared for any LEGO animation show, so its a bit hard to get really excited about this movie. Having the big names doing the voices does help. I've always been a big fan of Will Ferrel and Morgan Freeman. But so far the "main character" has me a bit annoyed. He just plays into the whole "I'm the dumb, clueless guy who has to save the world!" which has been done many times already. Oh well. Maybe I'm just over analyzing this to much.

I'll holdout on full judgment intill I see more trailers and eventually see the movie. I do hope they work in some Ferrari sets as well as Technic somewhere in there. I'd also love to see classic sets next to current ones. Maybe have space Police and Blacktron mixed in with Star Wars. Time will tell.

But so far the "main character" has me a bit annoyed. He just plays into the whole "I'm the dumb, clueless guy who has to save the world!" which has been done many times already.

Have you seen Chris Pratt in Parks and Rec? "Dumb, clueless guy" is a pretty apt description of his character Andy (at least on the surface), but his performance really makes Andy an amazing, nuanced character. Casting should work out fine!