Has anyone read the billboard in the movie poster yet.......it has an older gentleman on it with the Octan logo at the right hand corner but the phrase on it is "I've got my eye on you !".....funny catch cry even for an energy company that Lego has made green so could that character be the bad guy in the movie ? :look:

Well, they do talk about the "evil Lord Business", and I can imagine Big Oil being the evil business in this... Good catch!

Wow, looks like 2014 is a huge year for LEGO:

1. Lego Minifigures MMO from Funcom

2. LEGO Movie

3. 1000's of brand new sets based on the movie and themes we already have.

Here is a HR version of the Poster!

lego_movie_poster_400.jpg

Enjoy! :classic: :classic: :classic:

North America Release in Feb 2014, what a nice time of year, at least for me being in the upper midwest. It is cold, snow on the ground and not much going on outdoors. I am usually in full Lego mode during that time of year. The movie will be a wonderful addition and I suspect might keep my 11 year old son still interested in Lego.

As he has hit pre-teen, toys, specifically Lego, has been pushed to the side. Sports, girls, video games, sports, and sports are his focus right now. I still am building and loving Lego, and so is my youngest. After showing both of them the trailer last night they both said they can't wait to see it.

Well played, Lego group, you grabbed the attention of a kid who was just losing focus on Lego and yanked him right back in. Well played indeed.

Edited by Col. Brik

Epic! The little details, the humor, the hints to future sets (wonderful Lincoln and panda), the richness of LEGO history and the animation style with the interesting rendered surfaces... this is amazing!

Looks great and a must watch film for next year. I really like all the little details and yes I think a lot of them will only be noticed by adult viewers and will go over the heads of the kids, but that is fine, it makes it a movie for every age group to get something from it.

Wow! I wasn't very excited, but I have plans to see it now. I love all the little references, like the Master builders being various minifigs.

Also, that line from batman is like me: I only work in black, sometimes in very very dark gray.

Oh man! If there was a movie worthy of several viewings, this will certainly be one of them. Oh, and to the guy who's wondering if he'll be the only adult there on opening day...No. :tongue: Like many other movies I'm dying to see, Feb. 14th can't come fast enough.

It was comical. I wouldn't say I laughed out loud repeatedly, but it was quite funny. I like the nods to fans of LEGO.

The Batman line was clever. Although I would have said, "I only work in black, sometimes in very, very dark gray. And once in light gray with blue, but that was for a special occasion." Or something.. just to throw in all of the different colored suits he has worn.

As much as I'd like to see some tie-ins, I don't see it happening just because of the number of themes involved. Although, I'm sure some of them could become CMFs in the future. I'd love to have an Abe Lincoln figure. Everyone was calling the Revolutionary Soldier George Washington anyway.. Although for notable figures, I would expect a Ben Franklin before some of these people. He could come with a kite and/or a key...

I guess we'll wait and see for a press release stating if any new sets come out because of it.

wow! i hope bionicle or HF would make an appearance.

or even better, this would be a great opportunity to have a bionicle and a hero factory character meet without breaking cannon for either one

I'm probably going to have to see this; looks pretty funny! On a side note: I really hope the red and white tower crane becomes a set :classic:

Loving the lightsaber rod blaster-fire. Nice touch.

Loving everything I'm seeing here, actually. I don't think I've ever been this excited for a movie.

Kalhiki

I wonder whether there'll be a way to get a copy of the poster, aside from scoring one of the ones used at the theater.

I really looking forward to february and all the sets that will be released with new picies!

Oh wow I never imagined my name would be on the frontpage :tongue:

Anyway, updated the first post :sweet:

This movie looks cute and interesting. Chances are likely that I'll see it, but I'm not entirely sure if I'll see it in theaters though. I may wait for different trailers to come up.

As for sets, I'd love some, and since it looks as if the parts have been made, we could possibly expect them. That is, unless it's all entirely computer generated, but it doesn't look like that. So who knows, maybe the parts have been made, and we can expect some sets?

Edited by TrumpetKing

I wonder whether there'll be a way to get a copy of the poster, aside from scoring one of the ones used at the theater.

Ah, media stores? (We have HMV in the UK) Supermarkets often have them and bookshops too. Our local ones have scads of The Hobbit posters etc.

Wow, pleasantly surprised! Looks like we might have a real hit on our hands here.

The look. Gods, the look is perfect! I LOVE the subtle touches like dust collecting around the waist joint of the classic spaceman. "Henry Selick kidnapped by Michael Bay and forced to make a stop-motion Lego movie in CGI" is an apt description! I'm a big fan of all of their previous work (from Clone High to 21 Jump St), but If Phil Lord and Chris Miller can pull this off they'd be the kings of turning questionable projects into fried gold.

Had no idea these were the guys who did Clone High - I LOVED that series back in the day!

This is going to be the best movie ever! I wonder how many licensed lines will get worked in--I mean, Ninja Turtles and DC heroes in the same film? (I have to imagine that Marvel, Star Wars, and Disney stuff will NOT be in the movie since Warner Bros is producing it.)

It'll be too bad if they can't at least throw a Luke Skywalker (and/or Darth Vader) cameo in there, or one of the Marvel characters. They're such big parts of the Lego universe now... and a heavy dose of DC (i.e. Batman) nearly takes me out of the movie, because of it being produced by Warner Brothers and all (I get a similar vibe from Big Bang Theory, sometimes).

But I doubt that will in any way ruin the movie for me. :)

In case you haven't seen it yet:

Guessing this will determine a lot of the new sets we see next year. Interesting that all the themes are mixing together. Does this mean we'll see revivals or remixes of a bunch of old themes?

Yegads, I hope so!