So pleased to see that it's 'suitable for AFOL'. Looks like one I'll be looking forward to.

One of the few trailers that had me chuckling all the way through. Tje 1980-something space guy with cracked helmet is great :laugh: We'll obviously see some nice references for AFOLs.

2014 can't come soon enough! All those amazing actors! What also excites me is that it comes out close to my birthday!

Real nice and unexpected trailer! I am pretty look forward to the real thing soon.

And, both topics are now merged together in its rightful home.

Wonderful trailer! Had my doubts but now I'm sooo looking forward to that movie!

And theres a wonderful selection of potential CMFs in there:

1. A red Super Wrestler similar to the one from series 1 (0:24)

2. Shakespeare (0:24)

3. A panda bear (0:24)

4. Abraham Lincoln (0:39)

5. Michelangelo (0:44)

Edited by Rolli

Wonderful trailer! Had my doubts but now I'm sooo looking forward to that movie!

And theres a wonderful selection of potential CMFs in there:

1. A red Super Wrestler similar to the one from series 1 (0:24)

2. Shakespeare (0:24)

3. A panda bear (0:24)

4. Abraham Lincoln (0:39)

5. Michelangelo (0:44)

Didn't we already get a Shakespeare like figure? :tongue:

Didn't we already get a Shakespeare like figure? :tongue:

Kind of. The actor from Series 8 is a nod to Hamlet which is indeed part of one of Shakespeare's tragedies. I'm talking of a different minifig though. It has a different hairpiece similar to the grandpa from series 10.

This is looking really good! I'm very excited! Only Wished I worked for Animal Logic (The animators)

Deff one for BRay! :grin:

Well, I think it is best to let the old topic lie, I am a huge fan of told-you-so but not that smug...

They had me at Morgan Freeman, then the trailer went and had an awesome remix of THE GREATEST TRACK EVER so I was sold.

I do want tie in sets though, like yesterday...

Wow! Love it! Especially the funny lines by all. The humor reminds me a bit of the first Muppet Movie, one if my favorites.

The animation is certainly interesting. I honestly can't tell if it's stop motion or CGI. Yes the characters do seem to move in a few impossible ways that stop motion wouldn't allow, but on the other hand it's so incredibly real looking. Hopefully we get a little more information on the animation soon. I suspect it might be stop motion enhanced with CGI.

Though if it is completely CGI than I'm really impressed that they made it look so real.

Edited by strangely

I think he was talking about the artist, not the turtle.

I think they did the artist just to make a name pun.

Instead amongst the others I believe those

• We will get a Panda suit guy in Series 12
  • We WON'T get a Lincoln figure.
  • It is very likely that we will get a Red Wrestler in Series 12

To be honest, I'm VERY impressed with how this film looks, and making the the CGI look like stop-motion is pure genius. Brickset has also posted the official film poster on its Flickr account, which can be found here: The LEGO Movie poster

WOWEE! I am so excited! Look, they even have Johnny Thunder at 0:41! I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE THIS, I'm TYPING IN ALL CAPS TO SHOW MY EXTREME EXCITEMENT! :grin:

I'm glad that, like others have said already, that it's not just a film for kids like those other ones Lego recently released in the last few years, but it seems to have in-jokes and all that stuff that AFOLs would get! :thumbup:

I hope this movie has a lot of adult targeted media as well, which seems evident by the 80's space dude with the busted head gear. Only adults will know why this is funny hahaha.

Adults, or kids who have pre-owned LEGO that their parents got them from eBay or yard sales. The latter is probably a more significant group than a lot of AFOLs might expect, and it's the sole reason I have classic Space minifigures in my collection when I only became a LEGO fan in the mid-90s.

Anyway, this movie looks brilliant so far. I hope it has not only references to classic LEGO, but references to the LEGO fan experience as a whole. One of my favorite scenes from The Adventures of Clutch Powers (which was also a wonderful, charming movie, if not nearly as brilliant as what we've seen of this new one) was when Bernie von Beam painstakingly sorted all the parts for the team's siege engine out by function, and then Brick Masterson got fed up and threw the parts together quickly, missing an important piece in the process. It showed a remarkable awareness for the different ways LEGO fans of all ages build.

From what I've heard about this movie's story, I don't think I'll be disappointed. I'm curious what critics will think of this movie, though. Movies with toy tie-ins often face a lot of scrutiny by critics, and with almost photorealistic renders of actual LEGO products this could be no exception. I've even seen reviews of the LEGO Ninjago series where the reviewers say they wish the characters had more realistic hands. :hmpf: Then again, the fact that it doesn't appear to emphasize current LEGO product offerings over vintage stuff means it should hopefully be given a little forgiveness in that respect.

This trailer tickles me, for all the reasons I'm sure everyone here understands, and I'm very much looking forward to the movie.

Yes, the animation here is CG, done in such a way as to evoke stop-motion with actual bricks, while not being completely subject to its limitations. I'm not sure, but I think there might in fact be some actual stop-motion in the movie; also, IIRC, some of the early announcements pertaining to this project indicated a portion of it would be live-action, though I don't know whether they're still going with that (there's no sign of it in this teaser, obviously). Either way, though, the movie looks like it'll be delightful.

:)

(It's strange to me that LEGO-related productions like this one get lumped in with any old random music, movies, etc. here in the Culture & Multimedia, segregated away from all the forums devoted to physical sets. One would think EB would have a dedicated forum for LEGO videos, videogames, etc. if they absolutely had to have discussion of all that stuff separated from forums where we talk about actual physical sets. But anyway...)

So I took a bunch of pictures and here is who I saw:

Green Lantern

Johnny Thunder (MEGABLUCK YEAH)

Abe Lincoln

Rock Star (CMF series 4)

Hazmat Guy

Old Ghost

Panda

Mermaid

Forestman (CMF series 1)

new Castle Knights

Magician

Series 1 Clown

Mummy (CMF ser. 3)

Firefighter

Statue of Liberty

Cowboy

Artist

NBA players

Michelangelo

Michelangelo

Superman

Wonder Woman

Space guy

Emmet

Punk..girl...person

God

BATMAN

Edited by Tolkien

I think they did the artist just to make a name pun.

That's what I thought too, at first. But then there's also Shakespeare and Lincoln appearing in this same teaser, and as you said Abe wouldn't really fit into CMF series (what would be his name? Slavery Abolisher? Civil War President?). And it would be really random to include them here if they won't ever be appearing anywhere, when everyone else is a real minifig (or possibly upcoming one), at least more or less (though mermaid for example has a different torso and hair colour than her CMF counterpart). It is understandable to do customs and "unique molds" with main characters, but less so with these random background extras. So... I've been thinking whether Lego might be planning to include minifigs into upcoming Architecture-style sets: Lincoln Memorial with Lincoln minifigure, The Globe with Shakespeare minifigure etc.? Though coming back to Michelangelo it seems quite impossible that Lego would do Sistine Chapel, or the statue of Dadid for that matter...

Has anyone read the billboard in the movie poster yet.......it has an older gentleman on it with the Octan logo at the right hand corner but the phrase on it is "I've got my eye on you !".....funny catch cry even for an energy company that Lego has made green so could that character be the bad guy in the movie ? :look: