Brickthing

Contest! Chima Contest/Raffle

So far 90% Weapons and one Figure. Like the HF one, Not entering.

Weapons are a lot easier to build to get an early start. That gives a good five days to work on a character or vehicle submission, which typically takes longer to design. I'm sure in later weeks we'll see more complex entries.

My character is done, but I'm not posting him until the 5 day gap between valid entries is up.

Submission One:

Rogon/Rhogon the Rhino - LXF - Tough as nails with his boulder-breaking armor and his Chi-powered pickaxe!

The Rhinos are depicted as bad in the Chima MMO, so that's why I gave him a red blade. We don't entirely know.RhogonHF.pngRhogonHF1.png

Hope you like! :grin:

-Sci

Edited by CM4S

Here is my first entry, a Constraction figure sized Vengdualize.

vengdualize.png

Submission One:

Rogon/Rhogon the Rhino - LXF - Tough as nails with his boulder-breaking armor and his Chi-powered pickaxe!

-snip-

-Sci

Nice, and, although the head seems a bit too large, it's forgivable as that's pretty hard to make at that scale.

Here's my second one. I don't it as much as the first, but here's the CHI Lizard!

dscn0131.jpg

dscn0133.jpg

So the Hewkii masks are supposed to be like the neck things that some lizards (such as bearded dragons) have. I've been wanting to use those masks for that purpose forever! :laugh:

Nice builds, everyone. Here's my first entry, an action figure scale Vengious:

vengious.jpg

I know next to nothing about Chima, but I rebuilt Crawley's weapon to a Technic action figure scale; apparently it's called a Swapulsor? These are not things I know. I'm working on something a lot bigger, but I figured I'd throw my hat into the ring for now. It will take me much more than five days to build what I'm building. Are the amount of raffle "tickets" you get preset, or just what you guys decide based on the creation?

LXF

chimalddweapon.png.

Edited by Dorek

It's good to see many entries so far, and a mixture of LDD and real creations. :sweet:

Are the amount of raffle "tickets" you get preset, or just what you guys decide based on the creation?.

They will be based on the creation, through a quick and simple judging process.

It's good to see many entries so far, and a mixture of LDD and real creations. :sweet:

They will be based on the creation, through a quick and simple judging process.

which means those who build figures and vehicles would get more ticket than those who "only" build a weapon and accessory.

I'm hoping to see more vehicles (or not, I suppose =P), because that's what I'm working on. Chima definitely has some fantastic vehicle styles, which lend themselves to more technic-y builds than Ninjago did.

Of course, characters would be cool too; that rhino is pretty sweet.

which means those who build figures and vehicles would get more ticket than those who "only" build a weapon and accessory.

I think it will depend more on the complexity and creativity of the models more than specifically what they depict. After all, if you build a character model and it's just a slight modification of one of the official ones, then it doesn't really suggest you put more thought into it than the people who took the time to scale up weapons from the System sets or even create their own weapons and accessories. Thankfully, most of the models, whether creatures, characters, or weapons, have been fairly original designs. And I agree that in this case, the larger and more complex models probably merit far more points than the "early bird" weapon MOCs that I and others have made.

I figured I would have had a second submission by now, but time management is hard. A lot of my creative effort has gone towards the "Before and After Brain Infection" contest. I'd like to make a vehicle MOC for this contest, but it hasn't been easy...

Whoops, forgot to enter yesterday. If I submit today or tomorrow, can I still re-enter in 3 days?

-Sci

this is my third submission, Salim. he is a warrior from a snake tribe. different with the other tribe, snake tribe is specialized in casting spell.

9170644283_023750f8e0_b.jpg9170645637_01045ce01d_b.jpg

his back:

9172867736_c8621787df_b.jpg

salim.lxf

Edited by bacem

Submission Two:

Skinnet the Skunk - Short warrior with his vine whip.

Skinnet is neutral according to the Summer set instructions, so his weapon has no CHI color on it. He's also short in the TV series, so I made him shorter than the normal figures.

HFSkinnet.pngHFSkinnet1.png

LXF (Brickshelf is down ATM, will update with the file when it's back up)

Enjoy! :grin:

-Sci

Edited by CM4S

2nd Entry: Komodo

komodo.png

"Just because we are cold blooded, it does not mean we are cold-hearted."

Komodo is the leader of Chima's Reptile Tribe, seperate from the Crocs. Though not much older than Laval, he has been a long time friend of his father, Lagravis.

Komodo is an experienced philosopher, ready to offer advice and wisdom to anyone in need. He sees his position in the impending war as an advisor to Lagravis and teacher to Laval. He is also a capable fighter, using a blade adorned with the skull of his great-grandfather.

Here's another Chima-related weapon of mine--the Epic Chi Hammer! <LXF File>

Note: The gray smooth axle joiner in the middle is where a hand would go.

epic_chi_hammer.jpg

-Toa Of Justice

Here is my entry as well. A character I made up from the Rhino tribe. he is called Ryn and he is the most talented warrior among the rhinos. hope you like it.

9194663968_b61ce1b993_c.jpg9194662630_f125dc8b21_c.jpg9194663204_afa4803cd6_c.jpg

Submission One:

The Rhinos are depicted as bad in the Chima MMO, so that's why I gave him a red blade. We don't entirely know.

Hope you like! :grin:

-Sci

After seeing a Rhino Push Eris in the Laval's Journey trailer, It's safe to say the rhino's are bad. Edited by Brickthing
Quoted pictures removed.

Cragger's Speedor, mostly made out of Znap:

p1160042_small.jpg

I have to say that was quite unexpected, but completely wonderful! :wub:

p1160042_small.jpg

it's cool! but, is it allowed? to use something other than lego for entry?

That's what I thought too, but I did a search and discovered that Znap is a real theme!