Kai NRG

Inside Kaliphlin: Day 3 The Lone Mountain

On the third day of the tour, we'll be taking you to the snowy solitude of the Lone Mountain - just to discover it's not so lonely after all! So please, buckle your seat-belts, set your trays in full upright and locked position, and get those ear muffs and mittens ready!

9073895363_481f27df26.jpg

Are you tired of the breezy winds of the Withered Wood and the tropical heat of the Jungles of Gorr? Then take a break at the Lone Mountain, where even the coldest snow lovers will feel at home again!

9073895779_aee8b0aab2.jpg

9073895349_3658cece5f.jpg

Enjoy the bright and varied birds that make the mountain's echos ring again with their warbling songs!

The Red Bellied Strutter, so named because of... well, it's red belly and a tendency to strut:

9073895971_ed48938b0b.jpg

The Black Billed Warbler, a blue and dark blue bird that is a native only of Kaliphlin:

9073896133_6a9ddd96ec.jpg

The Plimigen, one of the most common birds in all snowy areas, and found in flocks in the Lone Mountain and its environs:

9073896045_b246d64810.jpg

9073896107_ff109cc2f4.jpg

And that ends our tour for today! Stay tuned for tomorrow's visit to another landmark of Kaliphlin!

If you've missed them, be sure to check out:

Kayne's Inside Kaliphlin: Day 1 The Withered Woods

Masa of Kaliphlin's Inside Kaliphin: Day 2 Jungles of Gorr

And don't be late for the bus again! :wink::grin:

C&C are welcome! I hope one and all have been enjoying their trip through Kaliphlin so far!

Those birds are really awesome!!! :laugh: Such a beautifull things !

Also great job on the part of the mountain you showed to us! :classic:

Excellent birds, very pure and economical. This is such a fantastic scene.

:classic:

Fantastic birds and build :thumbup: :thumbup: I like in particularly the blue one :wink:

Wonderful birds, I've been planning to use Eklund's design for a while, but haven't got any into a MOC yet, yours have some neat modifications and the strutter looks great :thumbup:

Lovely landscape as well, the snow and rock sections are both excellent :classic:

Ha, ha! Kaliphlin and their bird brains. :laugh:

Very nice scene! I love the footsteps in the snow! :sweet:

Great scene, and especially really nice bird designs! I love the idea of the Lone Mountain being like Mount Kilimanjaro, a place where you can find snow even in the hot Kaliphlin climate :classic:

Lovely build! The footprints in the snow are great but the birds are the real eye catchers here. Reallly nice touch with the bird profiles and descriptions. I will need to add that to my guide.

Thanks to everyone, I'm really glad you liked the birds!

Wonderful birds, I've been planning to use Eklund's design for a while, but haven't got any into a MOC yet, yours have some neat modifications and the strutter looks great :thumbup:

Lovely landscape as well, the snow and rock sections are both excellent :classic:

Thanks SK! I wasn't exactly trying to use Eklund's design (I actually forget where I got the idea from), but it took me quite a while to come up with the strutter!

Ha, ha! Kaliphlin and their bird brains. :laugh:

Very nice scene! I love the footsteps in the snow! :sweet:

:laugh: More than the Mitgardians can boast of though... :tongue:

Great scene, and especially really nice bird designs! I love the idea of the Lone Mountain being like Mount Kilimanjaro, a place where you can find snow even in the hot Kaliphlin climate :classic:

Thanks, I'm glad you didn't think it was a contradiction. I was kind of worried about that with lava pouring down the mountainside on the map... :tongue:

Again, thanks to all!

These birds are excellent, Kai! I am very impressed with the amount of action going on in this scene!

those birds are killing me, awesome Kai. I definetely got a good laugh out of it. So more birds please!

These birds are excellent, Kai! I am very impressed with the amount of action going on in this scene!

Thanks Mini! I guess you mean bird action... yeah I used a bit of trickery with the flying one! :laugh:

those birds are killing me, awesome Kai. I definetely got a good laugh out of it. So more birds please!

Thanks Kabel, it's great to hear you say that. Not sure I'll have another bird scene anytime soon but I might have a few more animals up my sleeve... :wink:

I was kind of worried about that with lava pouring down the mountainside on the map... :tongue:

The painter must have gotten it wrong, its not lava its an avalanche! :laugh:

Great scene, love the footsteps and photography on this one. I didn't know there were so many types of birds up on the mountain. Now that the Professor knows about it, he will have to make a special trip up there to study them.

I love it Kai! The red-bellied strutter is definitely my favorite!

The birds are perfect. I like the idea of brick build animals, if done correctly. These look great. That red-bellied strutter is fantastic. The blue one looks good too. Heck, all of them look good.

I am surprised so many birds would congregate in one small area on the mountain though. It's nice to see them getting along so well.

Keep up the good work. These post-card tours are interesting to see.

Haha that strutter is so awesome! I really like the bird nest! Great work with the animals of GoH!

Thanks Kayne and deGothia!

The painter must have gotten it wrong, its not lava its an avalanche! :laugh:

Great scene, love the footsteps and photography on this one. I didn't know there were so many types of birds up on the mountain. Now that the Professor knows about it, he will have to make a special trip up there to study them.

:laugh: Now I know why it's the Lone Mountain... :look::laugh:

Thanks, yes, quite a few bird types up there... :grin:

The birds are perfect. I like the idea of brick build animals, if done correctly. These look great. That red-bellied strutter is fantastic. The blue one looks good too. Heck, all of them look good.

I am surprised so many birds would congregate in one small area on the mountain though. It's nice to see them getting along so well.

Keep up the good work. These post-card tours are interesting to see.

Thanks, I'm glad you're enjoying the tours. Yes, there are quite a few birds. I actually had more like five or six species in one of the WIPs when the improbability of them getting along was pointed out to me...

Great work here Kai! The strutter is my favorite also. Just excellent work with the flying bird too. For the last week I have been trying to find any sign of what you used to hold it up :)

Thanks, I'm glad you didn't think it was a contradiction. I was kind of worried about that with lava pouring down the mountainside on the map... :tongue:

Doesn't a lot of real-world volcanos (like Mount Kilimanjaro) have a lot of snow on them when not erupting? ;)

Awesome birds and thanks for the zoom so you can see the design. Great fig positioning as well

Great work here Kai! The strutter is my favorite also. Just excellent work with the flying bird too. For the last week I have been trying to find any sign of what you used to hold it up :)

Thanks! Yeah, it was actually easier to keep out of the pictures than I had anticipated. I used these (about five or six I think, in brown if that makes any difference) attached with these. I thought about posting a 'behind the scenes' picture, but figured that would spoil it... :laugh:

Doesn't a lot of real-world volcanos (like Mount Kilimanjaro) have a lot of snow on them when not erupting? ;)

I hope so! I was counting on that though since there is lava pouring down the sides it might erupt pretty frequently and keep the birds away... but why am I pointing out reasons for my build not to make sense? :tongue:

Awesome birds and thanks for the zoom so you can see the design. Great fig positioning as well

Thanks! I put enough work into making sure everything ended in straight edges that I figured I shouldn't let it go to waste!

Great job on all the birds and the one sitting on the hairpiece as a nest is such a win!

Nice one showing the varied birdlife of the lone mountain! I particularly like the red-bellied strutter, they look so improbable, like wind-up toys. :laugh: As an avid twitcher, i might have to arrange a field trip to bag a few ticks! :wink:

Seriously. Those birds..! ~~~~<3

Thanks! :classic:

Great job on all the birds and the one sitting on the hairpiece as a nest is such a win!

Thanks! I saw someone stick a LR crow on a hair piece (not that one though) and I thought it was an excellent idea!

Nice one showing the varied birdlife of the lone mountain! I particularly like the red-bellied strutter, they look so improbable, like wind-up toys. :laugh: As an avid twitcher, i might have to arrange a field trip to bag a few ticks! :wink:

Thanks Gabe! :laugh: They do look wind-up like... :laugh:

I debated on whether to make it sightseeing or hunting. But then I figured hunting the cute birds would kind of spoil it... :grin: