Sign in to follow this  
soccerkid6

Kendrick's House (built by my little bro)

This was built by my 11 year old brother and continues the Kendrick series.

Kendrick and Basil (Kendrick's pet goat) have returned to their house to prepare for a journey:

img_1931.jpg

img_1935.jpg

img_1940.jpg

img_1942.jpg

He would appreciate any C&C :classic:

At 11 years old, this is really good. If he keeps this up, he'll turn out to be an awesome builder.

Anywho,

The landscape is well detailed and so is the house interior. I think a different type of window might work a bit better though. Not that it's wrong or anything, but I've never liked the traditional house windows.

Can't wait to see more :classic:

At 11 years old, this is really good. If he keeps this up, he'll turn out to be an awesome builder.

Anywho,

The landscape is well detailed and so is the house interior. I think a different type of window might work a bit better though. Not that it's wrong or anything, but I've never liked the traditional house windows.

Can't wait to see more :classic:

Thanks for the comment, changing the windows is a good suggestion that I'll pass on :thumbup:

Again, really nice work for an 11-yeas-old boy :thumbup: :thumbup: We will have a new SK ruling Castle themed MOC :laugh:

Again, really nice work for an 11-yeas-old boy :thumbup: :thumbup: We will have a new SK ruling Castle themed MOC :laugh:

Thanks Wedge :laugh:

For an 11-year old that's really good. Especially the roof looks gread.

The only thing that bothers are the yellow windows, white ones might look better.

You sure he's only 11?

This is such a great MOC. it has great coloring and detail and yet it isn't too busy.

I would have made stairs instead of a ladder, and the outside of the house could use a bit more detail. I know I've used ladders in the past because stairs can be a pain to work around - but when you have stairs in there, it adds a really good dimension to a house.

Altogether, the technique is really well defined. Looking forward to the castle!

11?! Kid's got some real talent for design! That bookshelf is so cool! The inverted jumper plates as drawers work so well.

Thanks! I thought the backwards jumpers gave a neat effect too, I hadn't seen it done before :classic:

For an 11-year old that's really good. Especially the roof looks gread.

The only thing that bothers are the yellow windows, white ones might look better.

Thank you, yup the windows could be better, he'll keep that in mind for next time :classic:

You sure he's only 11?

This is such a great MOC. it has great coloring and detail and yet it isn't too busy.

I would have made stairs instead of a ladder, and the outside of the house could use a bit more detail. I know I've used ladders in the past because stairs can be a pain to work around - but when you have stairs in there, it adds a really good dimension to a house.

Altogether, the technique is really well defined. Looking forward to the castle!

Quite sure :laugh: Stairs do add to the house feel, he went with the ladder because it took less space. It may be a bit before he makes a whole castle :wink:

I looked at "Kendrick's Journey" first, and thought that was impressive...

But this is amazing!

Thanks! He has some even more impressive installments coming up :wink:

I liked the journey Pt. 1 better, but it is still really amazing for an 11 yr old. The windows have already been mentioned, and the tree looks a bit blocky, esp. on the side facing the house.

I liked the journey Pt. 1 better, but it is still really amazing for an 11 yr old. The windows have already been mentioned, and the tree looks a bit blocky, esp. on the side facing the house.