GRogall

Lego Creator Expert 10234 Sydney Opera House

I was afraid we were going to have another $399 USD product. Given this is over two feet wide with a lot of unique parts/colors, I don't think the price is unreasonable. One of the good things about Lego is how they have product price points for almost every budget.

This is absolutely beautiful, I must have it.

Wow. OK, it's either I don't spend any money or I will go broke all at once. That's beautiful. This, along with the new X-Wing, and that Ewok Village will put me in huge debt. Of course...spending wisely, saving and slowly getting them is key...or somehow getting unlimited disposable income. All of my savings from work need to go to this one set alone basically if I want to get it.

Oh wow, this would be really cool to have because I live so close to the actual thing. But alas, the price will probably be stopping me.

Holy WOW! That is absolutely stunning!! I really want it 'cause I live in Sydney and love the Opera House, but it's going to be sooooo expensive down here and I don't think it will quite fit in my town layout..... This might be the first set I ever buy for display purposes only (as opposed to displaying in my layout :blush: ) down the track....

It is indeed an amazing set. Now I am very confused! I was almost sure to by the LOTR tower of Orthanc but this looks absolutely great and I cannot effort both! On top of this you need a lot of space.

I think this can fit in a lego city quite well. Even if we are very far from the minifig scale, they wouldn't look too much out of scale. What do you think?

I think this can fit in a lego city quite well. Even if we are very far from the minifig scale, they wouldn't look too much out of scale. What do you think?

You might get away with it if you or your guests are unfamiliar with the building, but I've been to the Opera House many times and the building is huge. The concert hall can seat hundreds and the outdoor area is very expansive. I think it'll look tiny and weird with minifigs, like the Stonehenge foam model from Spinal Tap.

I have never been into the architecture sets, but now... wow!

This may be an alternative to Orthanc. Nicer colours. But it needs so much space. And it goes completely into a different direction than my history interests.

Unless... I throw out all the glass parts and the lampposts, add a bit greenery and make it an ancient elf temple.

I could see this as a sci-fi structure as well. A designer version of say... the shield generators on Hoth.

Or put a few ewok trees around it, a few rebels against AT-STs, why not?

Edited by Wardancer

Why is this set in the creator line and not in the architecture line?

It looks fantastic - sometimes I think it's a pitty I collect technic and don't have room/money for these fantastic sets (orthanc, x-wing etc.)

Why is this set in the creator line and not in the architecture line?

It looks fantastic - sometimes I think it's a pitty I collect technic and don't have room/money for these fantastic sets (orthanc, x-wing etc.)

Hi

this set is in the line with the Eifel Tower, the Taj Majal and the Tower Bridge. None if them have been in the Architecture line.

If you compare the Scale and the price per piece, you will see, Architecture sets are expensiver and smaller. So creater fits well to this one.

Dino

This set is amazing, much better than the architecture version. And with new bricks in dark tan it would certainly be a great source of parts for mocing. But one big downside of this set is the price. With more than 0,09 EUR/part it's almost twice as expensive as Tower Bridge and more expensive than modulars and even some regular creator sets. It's true that it contains plenty of more complex and newly coloured pieces than, say, Tower Bridge, but I doubt if that justifies such a high price.

Does anyone think that this might be sold at the actual Opera House in Sydney? Because I bought my Burj Khalifa at the gift shop of the actual building.

Does anyone think that this might be sold at the actual Opera House in Sydney? Because I bought my Burj Khalifa at the gift shop of the actual building.

I'm completely uninformed about this nor am I an expert, but if they do, I'd imagine they'd sell the Architecture line version also. Wouldn't surprise me if they charge an additional premium on top of that.

It is licensed with Sydney Opera House, so it is possible they would link it to their gift shop also... but I would assume people would be more likely to buy the smaller architecture set when visiting somewhere instead of this giant monstrosity. But I don't know any specific details about it, so they may do things differently.

Hi

which countries do you compare? Do not compare €-countries with non-€-countries like UK or DK.

Dino

which countries do you compare? Do not compare €-countries with non-€-countries like UK or DK.

In Netherland it costs € 20 more than in Germany. Both euro countries. We have 21% VAT, Germany 19%, but that's not the whole difference. Fortunately, while I live in the Netherlands the nearest Lego shop is only one hour driving into Germany.

That is the most amazing Lego set I have ever seen! Beautiful design with great details, now I am really desperate which big set should I get, there are so many great stuff going on this year:D Congratulations to the designer guy, It's a real beauty.

Edited by Csacsa234

In Netherland it costs € 20 more than in Germany. Both euro countries. We have 21% VAT, Germany 19%, but that's not the whole difference. Fortunately, while I live in the Netherlands the nearest Lego shop is only one hour driving into Germany.

Hi

really? I see no reason for that. I have been many time in the Netherlands and all prices seemed pretty compareable to those herein Germany. Good you have a close germanLego store - Cologne?

Dino

WOW. Just WOW. But if its $319US, its going to be over $400 in Australia no doubt :(

My goodness, I need to have this! But this is a model of an Australian building and that don't have the Australian price :wacko:. Oh well, we should find out soon…

It's an Australian model, yet they don't give us the Australian prices. I bet it will be expensive :cry_sad:

Anyway, it does look amazing though.

It's beautiful but don't want to imagine what it'll cost down under.

It's now on S@H for $399.99 AUD. (Available 1/9/13)