16 minutes ago, TitusV said:

Wow. Just, wow. I think others have already written what I'm thinking, but I still want you to know that we (or at least, I) truly appreciate this look on your life, plus that I'm sorry for your mom.

---

Wait, they were veterans when I joined, so if they're the "GoH kids", my generation would be the... "GoH embryos"?

---

That would be amazing to see, can't wait :moar:

Yes, the GoH kids.  So many insanely skilled builders who "grew up" in the guilds.

Here is a few people who's skills went from "uh" to "WHAAAAA!?!" due to building in the guilds... in no particular order-

Legonardo Davidy

Kai NRG

Garmadon

SoccerKid6

LittleJohn

The next generation could be the GoH grandkids I guess!

And it's not just the GoH kids that grow... here is my first entry into the guilds:

image.png.be46f4297c3f8804c5275412468b8f8d.png

Not bad, but photography and some of the elements needed some work... here are a couple of later entries... all of which would be put to shame by any recent build from the GoH kids!

image.png.c7bc56b06c0b4b7616bc6c204d81ea33.png

16369236655_0686069bd4_c.jpg

11226760594_70bebf7b9f_c.jpg

15 minutes ago, ZCerberus said:

Yes, the GoH kids.  So many insanely skilled builders who "grew up" in the guilds.

The next generation could be the GoH grandkids I guess!

@TitusV @dathil Guess we'll be the grandkids then.. :blush::grin:

To all current and future GOH leaders, I ask that you learn from ZC's accounting, and know that when real life puts unexpected pressure on your commitments here, there is help here for the asking.

@ZCerberus, I know what a cancer fight can do to a family. My uncle fought twice while living with us. Maintaining outside interests can be a struggle. You've bourn it quite well, but if you need to in the future, there are those here willing to lift the burden.

Just now, gedren_y said:

To all current and future GOH leaders, I ask that you learn from ZC's accounting, and know that when real life puts unexpected pressure on your commitments here, there is help here for the asking.

@ZCerberus

A big hear-hear from me on this point. ZC has correctly described one of the problems with becoming so entrenched in running things that they can't run without you or when you need to step back. I think avoiding this issue in the future will help keep GoH healthier and we hopefully won't see months of inactivity or stagnant story progression.

I like to think I've grown a lot as a builder thanks to GoH. It was the GoH stuff that I randomly found on the internet that pulled me out of my dark age in 2014 and got me building Lego and taking part in RBGs. I think of myself as a storyteller (I do a lot of writing) and I needed something like this to tie my love of Lego to my love of telling a story with it. I go through periods where I lapse in activity, which is normal in this hobby, but I'll always come back as long as there's something to come back to.

9 minutes ago, Exetrius said:

@TitusV @dathil Guess we'll be the grandkids then.. :blush::grin:

@ZCerberus: can we please please please call you 'grand-daddy' from now on? :laugh:

---

Indeed, its GoH which got me out of my dark ages, so I hope this community will live on! (there are other reasons as well of course, like the great fun and the tons of things I've learned)

Hadn't considered being a granddaddy at 37, but you know, why not.

You know how grandpa used to be all tech savvy in his day and had one of the first color tvs... but the idea of a smartphone terrifies him now?

That is me now- I may have been a MOCer people had interest in seeing build something 5 years ago, but now the grandkids know all the hot apps and smartphone tricks and I just stare at them in amazement knowing all the kids and grandkids have surpassed me!  At least I can still help shape a story or two before I get kicked out for good!

Dude, I'm 32 and my daughter is 14 and about to start high school. There's a real possibility that I'll be a grandpa by the time I'm 37 or thereabouts.

8 hours ago, mccoyed said:

Dude, I'm 32 and my daughter is 14 and about to start high school. There's a real possibility that I'll be a grandpa by the time I'm 37 or thereabouts.

Turns out I am only 36, so never mind me!

I feel really, really young after reading the two above comments now. :grin:

Hi! Josh/mkjosha on Flickr suggested I sign up for this. I'm really leaning toward Avalonia, but with the transition to Book III happening, I'm wondering whether I need to sign up in the Book III thread or in the Book II Avalonia thread. 

29 minutes ago, Ailhbe said:

Hi! Josh/mkjosha on Flickr suggested I sign up for this. I'm really leaning toward Avalonia, but with the transition to Book III happening, I'm wondering whether I need to sign up in the Book III thread or in the Book II Avalonia thread. 

Welcome to the coolest guild! I think either of them would work, though leadership is counting the active members of each guild only in this thread I'd say?

33 minutes ago, Ailhbe said:

Welcome! And yes, Avalonia is the best! ;) I am new as well, but I decided to go ahead and sign up in the book 3 thread and the book 2 avalonia thread.

I think there will be relaunched Guild threads for Book 3 once it launches or maybe a bit before. For now, just post in ALL the threads :P

Alright, I'll post in ALL the threads once I'm ready. 

The Guild threads will be relaunched for Book III, but feel to post in the current Book II thread as we if you would like.