Hello all! I have lurked around Historia for a bit a long time ago, but only recently got back into Lego - so I figured I would join to kick-start my building again and have some fun! Still working on a sig fig and choosing a faction, but I am excited to get started!

2 hours ago, Trevidor said:

Hello all! I have lurked around Historia for a bit a long time ago, but only recently got back into Lego - so I figured I would join to kick-start my building again and have some fun! Still working on a sig fig and choosing a faction, but I am excited to get started!

Welcome to the guilds!  It's always great to have new members joining up (and returning members! @Judge of the Wastelands :thumbup:), can't wait to see what you decide and come up with! :classic:

5 hours ago, Trevidor said:

Welcome to the Guilds! Take your time deciding, but don't be afraid to get your feet wet and start building something and posting comments on the work of others! And feel free to ask any questions you might have in this here thread. We're helpful folk around here. Except for @Garmadon. He bites new people. Or maybe I'm thinking of that one guy from Nocturnus? 

2 hours ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

Welcome to the Guilds! Take your time deciding, but don't be afraid to get your feet wet and start building something and posting comments on the work of others! And feel free to ask any questions you might have in this here thread. We're helpful folk around here. Except for @Garmadon. He bites new people. Or maybe I'm thinking of that one guy from Nocturnus? 

Hey what?  The only thing that bites in Varylrio is steel, cold steel. :grin:

(Which is also kinda rough, I'll admit :laugh: :tongue:  But better than rogue pumpkin pies any day!)  

But if you just want hugs, than Avalonia is definitely the place for you.  From trees.

15 hours ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

Except for @Garmadon. He bites new people. Or maybe I'm thinking of that one guy from Nocturnus? 

Plenty of things bite in Nocturnus, in fact! :grin: So run, hide, or bite back! :dangry:

Hey everyone, sorry I have not been around for a while.  I wound up taking a new job and moving and am still trying to get settled.  I'm only in temp housing and it may be this way for some months, or even a year, so I won't have access to bricks during this time.  I'm hopeful that our new place will have a good Lego room, but until I can get into a permanent place, I will likely be mostly on the forums here.  I will likely be sparsely on here until I can get everything unpacked, since I'm typing this sitting on the floor, but I wanted to stop in and let everyone know I'm still here!

On 3/26/2022 at 2:32 AM, Grover said:

Hey everyone, sorry I have not been around for a while.  I wound up taking a new job and moving and am still trying to get settled.  I'm only in temp housing and it may be this way for some months, or even a year, so I won't have access to bricks during this time.  I'm hopeful that our new place will have a good Lego room, but until I can get into a permanent place, I will likely be mostly on the forums here.  I will likely be sparsely on here until I can get everything unpacked, since I'm typing this sitting on the floor, but I wanted to stop in and let everyone know I'm still here!

I’m in a quite similar situation. I am just buying/trading/selling minifigs and figbarfing. I hope I will be in a new home in September.

Looking for some extra inspiration to complete some Guilds MOCs?
Well the Summer Joust should help with that!

This year we have 7 categories, 21 prizes including 10316 Rivendell, custom models, parts packs, and more!

Check out the full rules and details in the flickr group.

Hoping to see plenty of guildies participate!

Hey all, Phy/Pyro5050 here. i was a builder in LoR from Merlins Beard forum a long time ago, apparently it is defunct now. i had packed up my LEGO 6 years ago when my daughter was born and i needed my LEGO room to have her a room. then my son was born, and then i started a new business so i never got to get a LEGO room till now. bought a new house and have a small space where i can get back into building. always loved DnD, Video games, Hockey, LEGO and have a large fasinaction with Castle, Pirate and mythical creatures. i also had started getting into trains before i packed my LEGO up again... so i have a lot of train stuff that i am eager to work into builds. i would not say i am a beginner builder, but i totally am not a journeyman or even a master, so dont expect amazing crazy builds. just stuff that makes me happy. :) 

i have a old flickr album of some of my older stuff. sorry the photos suck, good news is that our home business also meant we got a photobooth so i should have better pictures.

https://flic.kr/ps/zgv5D

i was thinking of joining Mitgardia as it is more the style i love to build in. while i am capable of building battle scenes i really enjoy building more peaceful or stealth style builds. small combats and the like, assasinations... i found the bigger builds i just lose focus on and it never comes out how i like. :) 

anyhow. if another guild could use my not so great talents, i am more than happy to go there. i like to build nordic style or classic medival style. 

Thanks! 

Phy

Welcome to the guilds!  To be honest, a lot of the guild-vs-guild competition has settled down and although every guild would love to have another builder, you just join the guild that you're excited to build for!

On 1/14/2024 at 5:28 PM, pyro5050 said:

Hey all, Phy/Pyro5050 here. i was a builder in LoR from Merlins Beard forum a long time ago, apparently it is defunct now. i had packed up my LEGO 6 years ago when my daughter was born and i needed my LEGO room to have her a room. then my son was born, and then i started a new business so i never got to get a LEGO room till now. bought a new house and have a small space where i can get back into building. always loved DnD, Video games, Hockey, LEGO and have a large fasinaction with Castle, Pirate and mythical creatures. i also had started getting into trains before i packed my LEGO up again... so i have a lot of train stuff that i am eager to work into builds. i would not say i am a beginner builder, but i totally am not a journeyman or even a master, so dont expect amazing crazy builds. just stuff that makes me happy. :) 

i have a old flickr album of some of my older stuff. sorry the photos suck, good news is that our home business also meant we got a photobooth so i should have better pictures.

https://flic.kr/ps/zgv5D

i was thinking of joining Mitgardia as it is more the style i love to build in. while i am capable of building battle scenes i really enjoy building more peaceful or stealth style builds. small combats and the like, assasinations... i found the bigger builds i just lose focus on and it never comes out how i like. :) 

anyhow. if another guild could use my not so great talents, i am more than happy to go there. i like to build nordic style or classic medival style. 

Thanks! 

Phy

Hello Phy! The Guilds welcome all who wish to build in the fantasy world we call home! :classic: Since you love DnD and LoR (haven't heard that name in a while!), I'm sure you stumble here upon some lore or part of Historica that makes you want to start building! 

Looking forward to your first build or sigfig!

On 6/14/2013 at 11:05 PM, SkaForHire said:

Hi, it's been a while since I've been following your mocs, and now that I've finally created my Eurobricks account and plan to start building mocs myself, I'm thinking about joining a guild. I wanted to read the post about how to make a small collection more useful when getting started with GOH. Does anyone know if this post is still available? The link directs you to Kaliphlin sign-up page. Thanks in advance.

I have to imagine that the post is still there because it's not likely to have been deleted, but with that link being messed up, I have no idea how to find it. 

5 hours ago, Ben S said:

Hi, it's been a while since I've been following your mocs, and now that I've finally created my Eurobricks account and plan to start building mocs myself, I'm thinking about joining a guild. I wanted to read the post about how to make a small collection more useful when getting started with GOH. Does anyone know if this post is still available? The link directs you to Kaliphlin sign-up page. Thanks in advance.

Welcome, Ben! I too started out with a small collection when I joined. My tips are: firstly, sort your Lego! Especially bricks, plates, tiles, plants, animals and minifigure parts. That makes it easier to see of which parts/colours you have (not) enough to work with. And secondly, strategic purchases. A bit of an open door, but buying sets that contain useful parts and minifigs helps growing a usable collection.

18 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

I have to imagine that the post is still there because it's not likely to have been deleted, but with that link being messed up, I have no idea how to find it. 

Ok, thanks, it's a pity.

17 hours ago, Exetrius said:

Welcome, Ben! I too started out with a small collection when I joined. My tips are: firstly, sort your Lego! Especially bricks, plates, tiles, plants, animals and minifigure parts. That makes it easier to see of which parts/colours you have (not) enough to work with. And secondly, strategic purchases. A bit of an open door, but buying sets that contain useful parts and minifigs helps growing a usable collection.

Thanks for the tips! I guess I have work to do :pir-thumb: