23 hours ago, Exetrius said:

Hello guildies! I'm proud to present to you the Nocturnus Settlement Index, a reference guide to, as the name implies, basically every city, port or town that has been built in Nocturnus. It includes background info (architecture, demography and geology), and links to any build I could find for each settlement. 

It's a look into the past; it's the Nocty legacy; there are builds from the early days of the Guilds, from places and builders (almost) forgotten. It took effort on my part, but it has never been easier to explore Nocturnus beyond the summarised summary that is page 1 of the Nocturnus Guild Discussion thread, than it is now. 

So please have a look! :)

Thanks for the effort cataloguing an important part of the Guilds of Historica history and lore :thumbup:

On 2/16/2019 at 8:51 PM, Gideon said:

Thanks for the effort cataloguing an important part of the Guilds of Historica history and lore :thumbup:

It took a few evenings, but I also had fun doing so. :wink: I hope it sparks some more love and also some new builds for Nocturnus. 

Just thinking out loud: maybe other guilds would benefit from such an index? 

21 hours ago, Exetrius said:

It took a few evenings, but I also had fun doing so. :wink: I hope it sparks some more love and also some new builds for Nocturnus. 

Just thinking out loud: maybe other guilds would benefit from such an index? 

I believe there's one for Avalonia. An old one, I mean, with builds from the very first challenge and which might not have been updated for a while, but pretty sure I've seen it somewhere.

25 minutes ago, en_zoo said:

I believe there's one for Avalonia. An old one, I mean, with builds from the very first challenge and which might not have been updated for a while, but pretty sure I've seen it somewhere.

I bet you mean either of these, by @Maxim I:

Used them for reference as well. :grin: 

Just registered here.

I would like to join one of the guilds. Being a memboer of one sounds like awesome fun.

How does it work? I just join one of the Guilds and start building? Do I have to do it frequently? Unfortunately I don't have access to my LEGO everyday. I still study and my bricks are at my home. 

4 hours ago, BardDandelion said:

How does it work? I just join one of the Guilds and start building? Do I have to do it frequently? Unfortunately I don't have access to my LEGO everyday. I still study and my bricks are at my home. 

Welcome to the guilds!  There's no commitment as to how much or how large you have to build, of course the more the merrier but life has a habit of getting in the way sometimes so GoH is very flexible!

To join one of the guilds you do have to create a minifigure (sig-fig), take a picture, upload it to an image-hosting website, and share it in the thread of the guild of your choice.  After that, you just start building! :grin:  Every now and then there are challenges you can participate in if you like, and your builds can earn your guild gold points (mostly for bragging rights), but there's no requirements like you have to enter the challenges or build so many freebuilds a month or anything like that.

@BardDandelion Welcome to EB, welcome to GoH! I think you are BardJaskier on Flickr, right? :wink: It's great to see you join! 

I'd say, create a sigfig, introduce yourself in of the guild sign-up threads, and start building. If you have have any questions, just ask!

On 2/19/2019 at 12:09 PM, Exetrius said:

I actually meant this one, which turns out to be for the whole of GoH, not only Avalonia. It's the MoC index for Book I (I think) by RA. But yes, I had also seen those 2 you linked, though I had forgotten - how have you found them back? The one I meant is pinned to the LEGO historic themes forum. I guess someone with the rights could add to the pinned post we have?

And welcome @BardDandelion! Looking forward to see your sig-fig and MoCs!

1 hour ago, en_zoo said:

I actually meant this one, which turns out to be for the whole of GoH, not only Avalonia. It's the MoC index for Book I (I think) by RA. But yes, I had also seen those 2 you linked, though I had forgotten - how have you found them back?

Advanced search. GoH subforum only; in topic titles only; search query 'city AND index', sort by date, go to last page (shows oldest results). 

Welcome, BardDandelion!  I see you have chosen the best guild (*ahem* our guild)!  Look forward to seeing your builds!

@Grover Yeah, I felt like I need some motivation to start building in very classic medieval style. I already have an idea of something that would fit my character story perfectly. ;)
@Servertijd Hi, I remember you from CCC. ;)
@derEselausErgste Hello. ;)

I have a question, maybe a bit silly. How do I set a signature?  

1 hour ago, BardDandelion said:

@Grover Yeah, I felt like I need some motivation to start building in very classic medieval style. I already have an idea of something that would fit my character story perfectly. ;)
@Servertijd Hi, I remember you from CCC. ;)
@derEselausErgste Hello. ;)

I have a question, maybe a bit silly. How do I set a signature?  

Go to Account > Account Settings > Signature. :)

1 hour ago, BardDandelion said:

@Exetrius I was looking for something like this but couldn't find it. Perhaps as a new member I'm not allowed to set signature? Anyway, thank you for your help. ;)

You have to have 10 posts until you have full Eurobricks account options. :) So just comment around on some builds and stuff! Welcome to the guilds and most importantly Avalonia! ;)

Has anyone noticed the italic button doesn't work properly when writing a post? It often (not always) doesn't do anything at all, so I have to copy the text from somewhere else where it's already in italics.

[I wasn't sure where else to post this, plus I was lazy and didn't wanna go through the whole Eurobricks..]

On 3/3/2019 at 3:51 AM, en_zoo said:

Has anyone noticed the italic button doesn't work properly when writing a post? It often (not always) doesn't do anything at all, so I have to copy the text from somewhere else where it's already in italics.

Well... hmm... nope, hadn't noticed.  Could be your browser?  I'm using chrome.

You could always try using Ctrl + i to get your italics on.

Uhmm it works sometime but not always... @Kai NRG thanks for the ctrl+i tip, I didn't know it. I'll try it if the button doesn't work.

I'm still missing the option to go swap to BBcode and adjust formatting which disappeared when the forum had it's major overhaul...
Especially adjusting link-heavy posts like the HSS thread is an exercise in having the marker at the right place at the right time nowadays.

could someone please remind me of the rules regarding either having characters in another guild or building for another guild rather than just having your character "visiting" Would love to be able to contribute mocs in more than one style or the same character. thanks

2 hours ago, chewbacher said:

could someone please remind me of the rules regarding either having characters in another guild or building for another guild rather than just having your character "visiting" Would love to be able to contribute mocs in more than one style or the same character. thanks

You are welcome to build in any guild, and you are free to create characters anywhere you want. Your sigfig, of course, cannot be a citizen of both Mitgardia AND Avalonia, but you could have relatives in other guilds, or friends, or business contacts, or a long-lost uncle's former pen-pal's college roommate's next-door neighbor's aunt-in-law, or even a complete stranger that you could, in the future, tie into your storyline should you so choose. And you could build something depicting them. The guild to which you belong (in your case, Avalonia) would still get the free build points for your build, even if it depicts something somewhere else in a far-off land. But there is no limit on the styles you can build, or the geographical range in which they can be situated. Does that clarify? 

4 hours ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

You are welcome to build in any guild, and you are free to create characters anywhere you want. Your sigfig, of course, cannot be a citizen of both Mitgardia AND Avalonia, but you could have relatives in other guilds, or friends, or business contacts, or a long-lost uncle's former pen-pal's college roommate's next-door neighbor's aunt-in-law, or even a complete stranger that you could, in the future, tie into your storyline should you so choose. And you could build something depicting them. The guild to which you belong (in your case, Avalonia) would still get the free build points for your build, even if it depicts something somewhere else in a far-off land. But there is no limit on the styles you can build, or the geographical range in which they can be situated. Does that clarify?  

Does that clarify? I'm not sure, actually, my brain is still tied in knots from trying to figure out that pen-pal's neighbor's long lost uncle's aunt-in-law... or something like that. I'll get back to you when my brain is back in a functional state... :laugh: