22 minutes ago, en_zoo said:

hey guys, I'm unsure about a couple of things:

- can builds for HSS count as free builds for the Guild?

- can builds for HSS be used for challenges on other webpages (CCC, for example)?

- what does HSS stand for? :tongue: Historican Settlements S...? or is the 2nd S just the plural of that?

also, nothing to do with the rest, but - @TitusV awesome awesome awesome job with the huge recap :thumbup:

Yes

Yes

Don't remember (even though I created it) check the thread.

Just now, Rogue Angel said:

Yes

Yes

I've already checked the thread and couldn't find it, but no biggie, I was just curious. Thanks for the other answers ^

Just now, Rogue Angel said:

The thread itself does not specify... I always just assumed it was intended to give it a three-letter acronym like the other ongoing challenges and tasks (UoP, AoM, etc). My own two cents is that it stands for Historican SettlementS, though nothing is explicitly specified. 

oh there we go then. Submission then. I do prefer the plural of Settlment though :grin:

20 hours ago, Rogue Angel said:

You have to follow the HSSS and post an HSS to start off your HS.

I'll get right on that!

On 11/2/2018 at 12:39 PM, Rogue Angel said:

You have to follow the HSSS and post an HSS to start off your HS.

haha good one :head_back:

Okay, so I've considered joining before, but this time I think I might commit. 

I'm interested in Varlyrio. It's the new faction, if I'm reading things right, so that should be fun. 

I've heard this game is a good way to hone building skills, and I think I should work on self improvement. I've spent way to much time in BoBS simply building things to improve my settlement. (Which is the Best Settlement, by the way) 

56 minutes ago, Mesabi said:

I'm interested in Varlyrio. It's the new faction, if I'm reading things right, so that should be fun. 

I've heard this game is a good way to hone building skills, and I think I should work on self improvement. I've spent way to much time in BoBS simply building things to improve my settlement. (Which is the Best Settlement, by the way) 

We'd be glad to have you in the Guilds! Varlyrio is newly playable, so I encourage you to choose that one (though of course I would prefer you to choose Avalonia, my own guild), but Varlyrio could use some more active builders right now, being so new. 

1 hour ago, Mesabi said:

A wise choice! Varlyrio would welcome you with open arms. All you need to do is create a sigfig to join up, everything else flows from there.

Hope to see you in the Varlyrio thread soon!

Just something that came to mind: how come @Kai NRGNRG's awesome Guild collages were never integrated in the introductory posts of our Guild discussion & sign-up threads? 

9 hours ago, Exetrius said:

Just something that came to mind: how come @Kai NRGNRG's awesome Guild collages were never integrated in the introductory posts of our Guild discussion & sign-up threads? 

Where can one find these? Do you have a link?

42 minutes ago, x105Black said:

I think a Varlyrio collage would be in order...

Good point!  That should go down on my to-do list.  I'll definitely want to wait until we have more outstanding builds, but it sure would help make my final job easier if I keep tabs on builds as they're being posted!

Thanks for sharing the link, they are indeed stunning! A Varlyrio one, once there are sufficient builds, would be fantastic!

I have a question. The rules state that no clone brands are allowed in GoH, but brickarms and stuff are alright. So considering my sigfig, I am curious whether or not a customized minifig is permitted? Like, with custom decals applied? I'd try to keep it to a minimum, but would probably like to create a custom faces for the sake of varied expressions. If that's okay, I would start to create some designs next week. 

Edited by Cody Startale

On 1/25/2019 at 3:44 PM, Cody Startale said:

I have a question. The rules state that no clone brands are allowed in GoH, but brickarms and stuff are alright. So considering my sigfig, I am curious whether or not a customized minifig is permitted? Like, with custom decals applied? I'd try to keep it to a minimum, but would probably like to create a custom faces for the sake of varied expressions. If that's okay, I would start to create some designs next week. 

Custom faces shouldn't be a problem, since this is a role building game and facial expressions are a very effective means of telling stories in LEGO scenes. And like you said, Brickarms is allowed (not in contests sometimes), so custom torso or leg designs shouldn't be a problem. 

On 1/25/2019 at 8:44 AM, Cody Startale said:

Custom minifigs, decals, stickers are fine, as are homemade sails, cloth, etc. Brickarms, Lifelites, Lego compatible are fine. Lego clones like Megablocks, Kreo, etc. Are not allowed. For some Challenges, even custom/compatible parts may be restricted, but this only for those Challenge entries, not free builds, Guild tasks, etc.

Hello guildies! I'm proud to present to you the Nocturnus Settlement Index, a reference guide to, as the name implies, basically every city, port or town that has been built in Nocturnus. It includes background info (architecture, demography and geology), and links to any build I could find for each settlement. 

It's a look into the past; it's the Nocty legacy; there are builds from the early days of the Guilds, from places and builders (almost) forgotten. It took effort on my part, but it has never been easier to explore Nocturnus beyond the summarised summary that is page 1 of the Nocturnus Guild Discussion thread, than it is now. 

So please have a look! :)